the world at 32 weeks pregnant?

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
Hey every one I have a trip planned for September for 2 weeks. I found out last week I am pregnant. I went to Disney pregnant before but I was only 6 1/2 months. Any one have any insight or tips going at 8 months? Tia

Weather_Lady

Every pregnancy is different, but your previous pregnancy (or pregnancies) should be a good guidepost as to what you might expect. How mobile have you been in the past at that point? I wouldn't write off a WDW trip due to advanced pregnancy (I'd have gone myself if I'd had the chance - I was slow and ungainly, but still feeling pretty well at that point with both of mine), but I'd plan ahead by: (1) consulting with your doctor about whether to travel and what attractions should be avoided; (2) purchasing trip insurance that has coverage for inability to travel due to pregnancy complications, should any arise (e.g., if you end up on bedrest); (3) downloading information and phone numbers for scooter rentals, should that become necessary for you; (4) modifying your touring plan to include lots of extra breaks for naps, sitting down and hydrating; and (5) familiarizing yourself with park layouts so you know the location of every restroom! :)

ItlngrlBella

Hey every one I have a trip planned for September for 2 weeks. I found out last week I am pregnant. I went to Disney pregnant before but I was only 6 1/2 months. Any one have any insight or tips going at 8 months? Tia

Congrats!!!

I went at 8 months and my doctor barely let me go but it was worth it. We flew so I made sure to stand up to stretch my legs a couple of times.

We also had 4 people on scooters with us - that was a nightmare... (recent hip replacement, a knee replacement, a person with back problems and one lazy person)... I had NO scooter and did better than all of them!

Walking actually helped me - I had sciatica and the walking eased the pain (everyone is different).

***At night I made sure to relax in the pool - that was the best part of the day and it brought down the leg/foot swelling, which you may have at that point in the pregnancy.

Keep hydrated. It's easy to forget to not drink - drink and pee, drink and pee... I now know where every bathroom is in every park. ;)

I opted to eat clean and that can still be done in the parks - lots of fresh fruit options for snacks and such.

Two words: Belly Band. I loved mine and it helps so much with your back - definitely invest in one. Also, I slept on my side and was used to having a long body pillow. Don't be afraid to ask your hotel if they have one and if not, don't be shy about asking for more pillows so you can sleep comfortably.

You can do all of the rides except Any roller coasters, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, Mission Space, Test Track and all of the mountains, but still consult your doctor and read notices on rides.

The only odd thing about being pregnant at Disney is that ALL the characters want to rub your belly (and give you a hug) - but I didn't mind, it was funny.

We also had fun buying some little outfits and stuffed animals for our little girl-to-be - extra special souvenirs.

Here's some links from Pinterest:

http://pinterest.com/pin/458100593318093114/

http://pinterest.com/pin/3518505931107071/

http://preschoolears.com/blog/tips-for-disney-trips-while-pregnant/

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Just FYI - from the Grand Floridian "Senses" Spa Menu, in case you get sore from all that walking around: :)

Pregnancy Massage
50 minutes / $145
80 minutes / $200

"This complete body massage uses prenatal techniques to increase circulation, relieve muscle aches and joint pains, and reduce water retention. For the safety of the mother and child, prenatal massages are only offered after the first trimester."

Tinkerbell397

First of all Congratulations......love babies!!!
It is very hot and humid in Disneyworld in September so heed the advise above and stay hydrated. Drink water even when you don't feel thirsty. And take it slow....with frequent breaks to put your feet up. The crowds are low at that time but not on the weekend...the MK gets very crowded on the weekend so plan accordingly. I would visit the MK on weekdays. Pamper yourself and take advantage of a massage as suggested by @Weather_Lady . You will feel like a new woman. While you are at it, get a mani and pedi. The GF Spa is wonderful. And don't be ashamed to use a wheelchair or scooter....you have nothing to prove and you will have a better time. And do check with your airlines about traveling while pregnant. If you have a routine pregnancy, it should not be an issue. Finally....take lots of cute pictures and share them with us.
Have a Magical Trip! :cat:

Emyli Mouse

I went in June 2013 when I was 28 weeks pregnant. We went to a park every day, but were flexible with how long we stayed. It was so hot and humid, but I felt really good. Just a few weeks later, I felt like I would not have done as well then; I was moving a lot slower, it was getting harder to get around. We rested a lot, enjoyed the things we don't usually take time to enjoy. We went with my husband's family, lots of kids, and I just spent my time riding attractions with them instead of being sad about not being able to ride the stuff I usually would. Have fun!

KIsAPrincess

I went at 8 months with both of my daughters. This last time around, my husband got me a wheel chair to sit in when I got tired. It was a lifesaver as there are not many places in the MK to sit (in the shade, close to the rides that they were on.) I loved it because I was able to people watch and really enjoy watching my daughter have a great time.

By the evening though (this was June) my feet really hurt - the swelling was bad. Take time to rest! And enjoy it. I may or may not have done a little (ok, a lot) of princess shopping while they were on rides.

BethG

This is just me, but when I was 8 months along, I felt like a furnace. I was hot and flushed all the time. This was September in Chicago. I can't even imagine Orlando in September while being 32 weeks.
This was me too (from MN). I was also put on bed rest for the last two months of my pregnancies. So, I'd definitely get trip insurance.

jimbojones

Congrats, though I have only spectated what 8 months pregnant is like I think a short WDW could be a very relaxing prepartum break. Some airlines/health insurance / doctors may have a problem with your flying. My insurance would not cover delivery related costs if we were out of the state after 8 months and the baby came early. We traveled in the Caribbean when my wife was 6 months along and she hated every minute of it because of the heat and humidity. If you are not a heat loving person that could be a deal breaker in Orlando in September

+1 on the trip insurance

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom