Anna & Elsa Joining Akershus Rumor

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Technically, it would make sense, since they are more Norwegian than any of the princesses currently meeting there... ;)
I have heard this rumor too, a few weeks ago (can't remember where, though).

Weather_Lady

Technically, it would make sense, since they are more Norwegian than any of the princesses currently meeting there... ;)
I have heard this rumor too, a few weeks ago (can't remember where, though).

It would make more thematic sense than the current set-up... which suggests to me that it will never happen. The current "anything can go anywhere" philosophy that subs a Frozen ride for a Norway ride in the Norway pavilion, and lovingly recreates a sci-fi film world for the Animal Kingdom instead of Hollywood Studios, would more likely put Timon and Pumba in Akershus than Scandinavian-inspired princesses, and stick Anna and Elsa in the Imagination Pavilion, in between a Nemo-themed gift shop and a rollercoaster designed around the story of Squanto. ;)

HouCuseChickie

People have been speculating about this ever since the original M&G was added to Norway before being moved to MK. Sure, it's logical and they have acted on the Frozen cash cow more than past successes, but they're also not having any problems filling Akershus without them. If anything, adding them to Akershus could turn that little area into a nightmare spot of people waiting to try for a standby opening.

CaptainAmerica

It would make more thematic sense than the current set-up... which suggests to me that it will never happen. The current "anything can go anywhere" philosophy that subs a Frozen ride for a Norway ride in the Norway pavilion, and lovingly recreates a sci-fi film world for the Animal Kingdom instead of Hollywood Studios, would more likely put Timon and Pumba in Akershus than Scandinavian-inspired princesses, and stick Anna and Elsa in the Imagination Pavilion, in between a Nemo-themed gift shop and a rollercoaster designed around the story of Squanto. ;)
This is some hardcore Disney cognitive dissonance there. In the same post you simultaneously complain that Frozen doesn't belong in the Norway pavilion while also complaining that Frozen totally belongs in the Norway pavilion.

Dwarful

Can we get a Squanto meet n greet to go with that rollercoaster? ;)

Now I have to go dig out the VHS copy of Squanto.

toasty

The board that shall not be named has this thread. I guess a test was done a couple of weeks ago with A&E there. Hence, all the excitement...

I was actually responsible for starting that thread. I was in a facebook group for people going in January, and one of the members posted that Anna and Elsa had been the greeters that morning at Akershus, so I passed it along, fully expecting that others would be chiming in to confirm. I've not heard another thing about it since, official or otherwise.

The person that had posted it had been an active member of the group for months before this and didn't seem to be a troll or someone prone to spreading rumors, so it seemed credible to me. She seemed very nice, and I think it may have been her first trip to WDW. I still believe her, actually, just because it would seem out of character to make it up and post it. Sure wish she'd taken a picture of it, but perhaps she didn't understand the significance of what she was seeing. Maybe she just got lucky.

Oh well. There's the background, anyway.

Weather_Lady

This is some hardcore Disney cognitive dissonance there. In the same post you simultaneously complain that Frozen doesn't belong in the Norway pavilion while also complaining that Frozen totally belongs in the Norway pavilion.

You are quite right. I'm going to have to start a drinking game soon, in which every time someone corrects me here, I swig some [real, authentic Norwegian] Linie Aquavit. Accuracy on the boards will be maintained, and I'll be too buzzed to take anything personally -- win-win!

Last edited:

GetAPaperBag

Original Poster
I heard the rumor from a blog, but I don't remember which one, honestly. I can try to find it again though. I didn't hear this from "that board" originally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom