DL admission e-tickets and Fastpass

incorrigible

Original Poster
We'll be heading to DL for the first time after multiple visits to WDW over the years. I'm looking at buying park tickets online and am trying to figure out how the "eticket" delivery option works w/ fastpasses. I tried chatting with a rep on the Disney site, but they weren't terribly clear, although perhaps I was phrasing things wrong.

So when they had the FP machines in WDW, you used your credit-card-like room key or entrance ticket for FPs. From my online chat, it sounds like they change out the printed paper tickets for actual card-tickets when you enter through the gate, right?

We were not planning on going to the parks on our arrival afternoon, but I was thinking I could make the following morning smoother by going over to the ticket window and changing out our printed tickets for the actual card we could use for FPs. Is this possible? The lady online made it sound like it was done at the turnstile. I just don't want to get there, be told I need to go somewhere else so we can get FPs, and end up waiting in a line. Thanks so much!

Californian Elitist

You should be able to present your e-tickets for regular paper tickets (not cards) at the turnstile or at the ticket booths. It sounds like you'd be more comfortable exchanging them at the booths. That shouldn't be a problem.

Travel Junkie

Present the printed out E-ticket at the turnstiles, no need to go to the ticket booth. They will provide a new ticket for you for FP and re-entry purposes. If is a multiday pass they will also take your picture to prevent fraud. It only takes a minute to exchange them out.

PacNWTigger

Don't bother with the ticket booths. We had e-tickets for our last trip and waited in line at the booths because we weren't wanting to enter the parks quite yet, but we wanted to have the actual ticket in hand. They were unable to help us at the booths at all.

The process at the turnstiles was quick and easy. A new ticket was given and a picture was taken. Pretty darn easy, but wait until you actually want to go into the parks to turn in the e-ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom