So how many plates do you go through at the character buffet breakfasts?

pug

It will soon be time for Mrs Merg and I to book our character breakfast at the Crystal Palace for our trip in October. It will be the third year in a row we'll have done this and it got me thinking how long people tend to stay and how many plates the average guests gets through?

I've got to say I couldn't help but laugh the first time we went at the size of the plates you get there, they've got to be the smallest plates ever :). We tend to have a leisurely hour there from 8:05am enjoying the characters and I probably get through about 4 platefulls. Last year Mrs Merg sent me up for her third plate with instructions on what to get her as she was concerned people would think her greedy if they knew she was having a third helping. I foiled her plan by telling our waiter what she'd done when the bill came, not the smartest thing for me to to do really as it transpired upon leaving the establishment :eek:

Anyhow what's your average fill up 4,5,6 or more plates?
3 or 4 per person

HouCuseChickie

Does a bowl loaded with breakfast lasagna at CP count as a separate plate if I'm bringing it back to the table with another plate of food at the same time? To me, it just feels more like round 1 at the buffet.

thomas998

Kind of depends on the line length... I hate lines when I can avoid them so if there is a huge line where I want to be I'll hit a spot with no line get a few bits or bites with the intention of going back later.... because in the end I know I'm going to be stuck there until every character has cycled through and that usually takes at least 45 minutes.

JillC LI

I'm lucky if I notice how many times my own kids go up, let alone people at other tables, while I'm busy stuffing my own face!

We usually hit Ponderosa on Irlo Bronson, or Sizzler and save the cash to hit Cafe Tutto Gusto for our favorite WDW experience. We did Chef Mickey's. Once, thanks, and Be Our Guest on Sunday morning. The assorted pastry tray was nice, the charcuterie plate only had 1oz of brie but plenty of other meats and a demi/petite loaf of Italian bread. I think the similar dish at Flying Fish was better.

COrunner

Anyhow what's your average fill up 4,5,6 or more plates?

For character breakfasts I probably average 3 and lunches/dinners 4. My wife point out families that were already eating when we showed up and were still eating when we left saying that they are getting more characters per dollar than we did!

mergatroid

Original Poster
In fairness I rarely fill my plate on each of my normal 4 trips to the food. For instance my 1st trip may comprise of just an omelette or slice of breakfast pizza with some spare room for more. So my final total is probably 2 1/2 - 3 full plates over 4 visits. I'm quite surprised we don't appear to have more 4+ people out there to be honest though (no offence).

Allygator

I usually get two plates. The first one with not too much food on it so I have to get a second plate. That way I feel like I'm getting my money's worth. Lol

Club34

i put very little on my plates but go back about 7-8x. i honestly never even thought about the perception of others at a buffet until i read this article, honestly. i suppose people look at the plates and think he's not eating hardly anything. i go up so many times that maybe people just lose count and ignore it. i hope i don't take this with me next time i go home because i am giving serious consideration to migrating to AKL which mean boma breakfast for me every morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom