Please Take Care of Your Rooms

englanddg

One Little Spark...
These are being rolled out at full-service Hiltons? Looks great, I wish Marriott would do something like this...
Garden Inns. Yeah. There is a dedicated F&B manager and staff that run the place, and the menus vary (in my experience) by hotel, chef/manager and season. For example, I stayed in Knoxville and Nashville within a week of each other last year, and there were different menus for lunch/dinner. Of course, they carry over some staples, but...it's neat.

gmajew

Premium Member
Original Poster
My point is treat it like you would treat your friends house. Don't take your suitcase and drub it down the halls.

If something breaks tell them about it.

I left a list and gave it maint before I left of all issues in room.

Don't let it go unnoticed.

you need to treat it right so we all get to enjoy it. Same as the parks. Treat them right pick up trash you drop etc. it is simple and called good manners.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
My point is treat it like you would treat your friends house. Don't take your suitcase and drub it down the halls.

If something breaks tell them about it.

I left a list and gave it maint before I left of all issues in room.

Don't let it go unnoticed.

you need to treat it right so we all get to enjoy it. Same as the parks. Treat them right pick up trash you drop etc. it is simple and called good manners.
It's a nice sentiment. Won't happen. People are slobs. Anyone who has worked restaurants / hospitality knows this. :p

polynesiangirl

God I hate people. The parks have trash cans practically every 10 feet and I still see idiots throwing garbage on the ground. Not surprising that they trash rooms too. For the cost of a DVC room you'd think they'd be a little bit more careful though. Ugh.

EOD K9

I stayed at BLT this previous Friday (3/27) after getting off a DCL trip. My wife went to get us a table at Contempo Café and the people before her left everything on the table. My wife cleaned it up but had to ask someone to get the rest of the gunk. The next morning at the same location, another family left all of their stuff on the table, sugar packets just laying around and tons of junk on the floor. There were three generations of family there and not one of them looked twice when they got up to leave. There are some rude and uncaring people there. I really wonder what their own house is like.

Boardwalker

i just got back from a week at the VGF and I am disgusted by how much damage the rooms have in just over a year!

People need to respect the property and take care of it and keep them in clean repair for all of our future trips!

Walls were damaged wood baseboards were knocked and scuffed just unacceptable!

I had room service delivered and when the waiter walked into our unit he asked if we had just got here? I said no last night he said wow your room is so clean you should see how trashed people leave the rooms.

Their is no excuse for that behavior by us as owners and guest. We pay a lot to use these rooms take care of them!

Do you enter a room with white gloves on for the finger test? If so, hotels may not be for you.

NCO91590

I chalk it up to the amount of children that stay at Disney vs traveling business people who don't karate kick and literally climb the walls as they sometimes do in Disney :)

Personally, I think the policy of only updating every 8 years or whatever is what really makes me mad. A couch that has sat a MILLION people in 8 years is bound to look shabby after even just a few years.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm with you. Finally stayed at VWL last month - it's my home resort. And I was shocked at the condition of the rooms - knobs knocked off of drawers, paint peeling off the repainted cabinets in the kitchen (which is not guests fault but Disney's for not properly preparing the surface of the green cabinets before painting them white), gouges in the fairly new glass cooktop (how do you make a gouge in the glass? Did you think you could fry your egg directly on the surface and then used an axe to get it off? I've had mine for nearly 10 years and it was here when I bought the house - there's not a scratch on it), dirty microwave, scuff marks, damaged pots and pans (and items missing from the kitchen, according to the list), etc. And the unopened bandaid in the closet was the last straw for me. So I spent my first few hours in our villa before the rest of the traveling party arrived cleaning the kitchen and vacuuming. I noticed a steam mop in the closet, but there were no pads for it; otherwise I would have steam mopped the floors.

Yes, some of this is housekeeping doing a poor job of cleaning our villa - there is no excuse for a dirty cooktop and microwave if the guest before didn't clean it. But the other stuff is on the guest. Hey, guest, this is MY home resort and my annual dues aren't paying for you to ruin the rooms.

When I check out, that room is just about pristine - the dirty towels are in the laundry basket in one of the bathrooms, the trash is taken out, the kitchen is cleaned (and I mean the microwave, stovetop, kitchen sink) and the carpet/floors vacuumed and swept. And if I've had the presence of mind to bring a can of Scrubbing Bubbles, the bathroom would be cleaned (other than the commode) too. I expect the place to be clean when I check in and I'm not going to leave it trashed when I check out.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I stayed in one a week ago in Knoxville. Great room (akin in decor to somewhere between a moderate and Deluxe at Disney) and it was $85 a night.

I'm quite a fan. I just hope their foray into food service doesn't slip...it is still rather new. But, seems to be popular with guests, so, that is a good sign!

We stayed at the HGI near the Atlanta airport back in 2006 - it was a nice place to stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom