House Buying Stress

NYwdwfan

First off - congratulations!! It's unbelievably nerve-wracking but in a few months you will be sitting in your living room (possibly on cheap lawn furniture or folding chairs like I did for a few months!) thinking "this is mine". It's an amazing feeling. That being said - it may be a while before you get good sleep!! Even after we closed it took me a while to be able to sleep in our house - houses make weird noises at night and it takes some time to get used to!!!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I know how that feels, one of the few events in my life that kept me up at night! We didn't know if we were actually going to go to settlement until about 4 hours before it was scheduled, the previous owner was supposed to move everything out that night but the movers truck broke down, we got out CO about 24 hours before our movers were scheduled which was 48 hours before the lease ran out on our apartment!

rob0519

Not to mention lawn mowing, leaf raking and snow shoveling! That all takes so much time! Thank goodness for teenage boys who like to eat! No chores, no food or Disney!

I didn't want to go into upkeep, but your right about gardening, snow shoveling, exterior painting, etc. It's a stress of time, energy and/or more money. You're lucky you have help who understand the meaning of incentive. Unfortunately for me, I don't have that kind of help.

wdwstateofmind

Original Poster
House buying nor house selling stress have anything on major home maintenance stress ($20K for a roof, $8K for a furnace, etc.)
Roof was just replaced in 2014....I live in Florida, no need for a furnace...

However, the house was built in 1928 so there will be LOTS of other things to spend my money on like bug preventatives, and more bug preventative, and maybe some water for the lawn...
Not to mention lawn mowing, leaf raking and snow shoveling! That all takes so much time! Thank goodness for teenage boys who like to eat! No chores, no food or Disney!
We moved to Florida so we'd never have to touch a snow shovel again. Our days of shoveling 10 feet of snow in 2 weeks are well behind us.

wdwstateofmind

Original Poster
Our move actually put us 30 minutes closer to Disney...we no longer need to travel the traffic hell that is suburban North Tampa, we're now in center city Tampa and right off I-4...

draybook

Congratulations on the house! We almost been in ours for 6 years now. Luckily, we got ours back during the Homeowners tax credit was still in effect, so that paid for every appliance and piece of furniture/decor that we needed. Nothing better than owning your own house.

betty rose

It took me three month's of hard labor, we have a very small front yard, but digging out sod is time consuming. Then my hubby and I put in some trees, tiny back then, rocks, a few flowers and annuals. Our lawn moving days are over. The snow melts really fast due to the heat, and sun (high altitude). Our trees are now 18 years old. I'm so glad I spent the first summer doing this. It's saved mowing for 17 1/2 years. Leaves...yes twice yearly, clean up and that's it. Husband is retired and taken on that duty. I'm on easy street. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom