Dolphin and My Disney Experience Issues

CrescentLake

Original Poster
The issue has since been resolved, but I am wondering if anyone else has had issues linking their hotel reservations to MDE.

I have had a bear of a time doing this. The number of people populated on the app wrong, the profiles wouldn't match up, and neither Sheraton or Disney took responsibility for the issues. Took me two weeks of calling them both, back and forth to finally get it settled.

And then, lets not even discuss the travesty that is FP+.

Used to be a big proponent of MyMagic+ and it worked well for us last year but this year has been irritating. Has anyone else faced any issues when staying at the Swan or Dolphin?

BrianV

We just returned from the Dolphin. We booked directly through the dolphin for a conference--we books last fall. I cannot remember what I needed to do, but linking the reservation with MDE was seamless. It might have just shown up actually now that I think of it.

As for fast pass +, opinions will differ! but when the parks are crowded like they were this weekend! they were a life saver. We would go into one park in the AM without fast passes, come back for a swim and lunch at the Dolphin (their pool restaurant was lovely and never much of a wait) and then head into another park in the crowded evening with three headliner fast passes in hand.

I do have a couple of complaints about the dolphin hotel. The room cleaning was really late in the day. And they closed the bus stop and made us walk to the swan due to a cheerleaders convention. And they were unnecessarily stingy with towels at the pool. But all in all, we preferred to the boardwalk where we stayed last summer. And for the price (~$250 with everything added in during high season) the location cannot be beat.

jlsHouston

We just returned from the Dolphin. We booked directly through the dolphin for a conference--we books last fall. I cannot remember what I needed to do, but linking the reservation with MDE was seamless. It might have just shown up actually now that I think of it.

As for fast pass +, opinions will differ! but when the parks are crowded like they were this weekend! they were a life saver. We would go into one park in the AM without fast passes, come back for a swim and lunch at the Dolphin (their pool restaurant was lovely and never much of a wait) and then head into another park in the crowded evening with three headliner fast passes in hand.

I do have a couple of complaints about the dolphin hotel. The room cleaning was really late in the day. And they closed the bus stop and made us walk to the swan due to a cheerleaders convention. And they were unnecessarily stingy with towels at the pool. But all in all, we preferred to the boardwalk where we stayed last summer. And for the price (~$250 with everything added in during high season) the location cannot be beat.

I had no idea I could link the Dolphin, I just did it and it worked perfect thanks to this THREAD!

jlsHouston

The issue has since been resolved, but I am wondering if anyone else has had issues linking their hotel reservations to MDE.

I have had a bear of a time doing this. The number of people populated on the app wrong, the profiles wouldn't match up, and neither Sheraton or Disney took responsibility for the issues. Took me two weeks of calling them both, back and forth to finally get it settled.

And then, lets not even discuss the travesty that is FP+.

Used to be a big proponent of MyMagic+ and it worked well for us last year but this year has been irritating. Has anyone else faced any issues when staying at the Swan or Dolphin?

I had absolutely no issue. I had to put a 0 in first and it found it right away...I'm so thrilled the two of you made a thread on this. Had no idea I could link my Dolphin reservation to MDE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom