A badge tip

DonaldDuckQuackers

Original Poster
I dunno if this counts as a tip really. On our visit last year we had noticed all these people walking round with "first visit" badges, with no advertisements or suggestions on where they may have got them so literally all we did was ask a lady in a shop and she asked us was it our first visit - not technically a lie, it was our first trip to WDW however this was like our 3rd or 4th day there so technically we had been there 3/4 times already? So we just said yes, and she handed us 4 first visit badges.

Traver Freeman

I dunno if this counts as a tip really. On our visit last year we had noticed all these people walking round with "first visit" badges, with no advertisements or suggestions on where they may have got them so literally all we did was ask a lady in a shop and she asked us was it our first visit - not technically a lie, it was our first trip to WDW however this was like our 3rd or 4th day there so technically we had been there 3/4 times already? So we just said yes, and she handed us 4 first visit badges.

They've got a pin for everything:
Anniversary
Birthday
First Time
Celebrating
Just Married
Happily Ever After (kind of generic)

You can get any of them at your hotel (if you're on property) or other places throughout the park

SnarkyMonkey

Glad you discovered them. They will often give them to you when you get to your resort and they figure out you are celebrating something special or it's your first time. If not though, you can always ask and Guest Relations at each of the parks is an easy place to find them.

xracer4844

Yeah just ask the hotel desk for them! They have pins for everything, and all you have to do is ask! When we were there in October last year, I got a birthday pin...even though my birthday isn't until December...but it was my Birthday present from my girlfriend :) that counts still right?

Michael Shiels

One additional perk to sporting those wonderful badges is the Cast Members will congratulate and acknowledge your special event from time to time. I cannot remember how many actually greeted my wife and I with "Happy Anniversary". Even as they walked by, they would wave and smile and greet us with a praise. It added to my wife's first trip to WDW.

Jon81uk

You can get other little surprises when wearing a Happy Birthday badge too.
Mickey bought me a diet coke for my birthday!

I once got a free bag of popcorn because I was wearing the birthday pin. Someone in our party ALWAYS gets the pin and we pass it around to each other on different days. (we always go with 12 people, so it's close to someone's birthday!) It's fun to see how many cast members wish you a happy birthday.

NYwdwfan

I had my birthday pin on and a CM in Once Upon A Toy called me over and said I had a phone call. He handed me the phone and it was Goofy calling to wish me a happy birthday. My kids loved it! They also gave me a free churro in Frontierland eaier that day. The CM said it was Mickey's birthday present to me. :D

Diva120

Yeah just ask the hotel desk for them! They have pins for everything, and all you have to do is ask! When we were there in October last year, I got a birthday pin...even though my birthday isn't until December...but it was my Birthday present from my girlfriend :) that counts still right?

Totally counts! I celebrate my b-day anytime I'm in WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom