Quickest and easiest way to the parks from the Disneyland Hotel?

sammysmom1

Original Poster
Finally decided on staying at the Disneyland Hotel. First time to Disneyland so what is the easiest and best way to get to the parks??

Sparky359621

Disneyland.jpg

TP2000

Thank you for giving me my first laugh of the day. Well done! ;)

For @sammysmom1 , this is one of those things where you'll just have to go through a bit of Culture Shock. Disneyland is not WDW, it's all very compact and walkable yet packed with just as many attractions and major entertainment spectaculars (parades, fireworks, water shows) as all four WDW theme parks combined. (Actually, beginning May 22nd there will be more entertainment spectaculars daily in Anaheim than there are currently in WDW) You can stroll from the Disneyland Hotel to the front entrance of Disneyland in 10 minutes, a bit longer if you stop for a Starbucks or a Haagen-Dazs on the way in Downtown Disney.

Here's another good image to give you a point of reference for the size and ease of travel within the Disneyland Resort. Taken at the same scale is the Epcot complex with park and Yacht & Beach Club Hotels, compared to the Disneyland Resort with both parks and three hotels.

dlrepcotcomparison.jpg

In the evening, you can take the monorail back from Tomorrowland to Downtown Disney if your feet are tired. But especially on that first morning, you absolutely HAVE TO walk so that you can walk in on Main Street USA as Walt Disney designed and built and cared for it himself.

Last edited:

fosse76

Keep in mind, if you are not staying at the Grand Californian, you will not be able to enter DCA through the hotel entrance until late-morning or early afternoon. Only hotel guests are permitted through that entrance in the mornings (I'm not sure if they allow guests of other Disney hotels access during the mornings; if so that may be a faster option to avoid the long security line).

It's probably a ten minute walk at most through Downtown Disney, depending on crowds. The monorail is an option from Downton Disney, but the line can get very long, annd may not ultimately save you any time. Also keep in mind that everyone must go though the security line at Disneyland, whether you have a bag or not (which also is a cause for the long morning line at the monorail).

Axoman

Keep in mind, if you are not staying at the Grand Californian, you will not be able to enter DCA through the hotel entrance until late-morning or early afternoon. Only hotel guests are permitted through that entrance in the mornings (I'm not sure if they allow guests of other Disney hotels access during the mornings; if so that may be a faster option to avoid the long security line).

As far as I know, they only check for your room key when there is an extra magic hour at DCA.

Miceberg

The walk is short and easy. Maybe avoid the monorail first thing in the morning since it gets crowded and isn't as efficient as the monorail system at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom