Which Disney attraction would make a good movie?

WhatJaneSays

I’ve always thought a live action Enchanted Tiki Room movie with traditionally animated birds/flowers/whatnot would be really entertaining (provided it was done with some kind of cultural respect).

A Dreamfinder or Figment movie could be tricky but I feel it could be a franchise. Same with Jungle Cruise, EXPECIALY if they folded in some Adventures Club elements.

I’ve felt like Disney could benefit more from playing on the juxtaposed position between a movie that relies on the suspension of disbelief you can capture on screen and there being a real physical place you can go that holds the same quality. In many cases this would require reworking of rides or attractions to work in harmony with a property like a movie.

For something like Journey the completeness in which they would have to “re-Imagine” the ride to fit a movie might actually be a detriment to the movie tonally or creatively. If the push is there that entire pavilion being gutted then themed to the film would be a better option for everyone as long as the projects could be done with complementing completion times. The returns are hard to guess regardless of investment level.

The Enchanted Tiki Room as it stands now could be easily played off as an "epilogue" or "prologue" to a film without any (or very little) re-working. Jungle Cruise could exist in parallel with any movie, just as easily ignoring entirely or encompassing entirely story points/jokes/scenes.

I've really thought about these things a lot in my spare time because it's the kind of experience I want to have with media I consume. (I don’t even want to talk about how apprehensive I am about Tomorrowland. I really NEED this to be a good movie.)

RubyLee

The Carousel of Progress-the family could time travel through the 20th century!

My family would be the only people who saw it I'm sure but we'd be HUGE fans!!

StarWarsGirl

tumblr_mpfvy86jtV1rqqya8o1_400.png
This was my first thought. Figment!

Disney if you're reading this, pretty please with a cherry on top?

irishmom58

I know Disney attractions becoming movies hasn't always worked out... But are there any rides you think would make good movies? Animated or otherwise?

Personally, I think a traditionally-animated movie based on the Country Bear Jamboree could be pretty cool.
Carousel of Progress

Ok, let's list the rides that have already been made into movies or are based on movies. I didn't list the obvious ones like Star Tours or Peter Pan.

Pirates of the Caribbean
The Haunted Mansion
The Country Bears
Tower of Terror
Splash Mountain
DINOSAUR? (Don't know if this counts)

tcool

The Great Movie Ride? Although it sounds crazy, but what if it was a movie of a group of people who have entered the realm of film and must survive living in a movie?

BigRedDad

If anyone in the Disney Company had an investment thought, there are many things that can be done. However, they are so stingy with the purse straps, it is almost impossible to be innovative. If they truly wanted to hype things up, they would put groups of Imagineers into thinking how to renovate the current attractions by designing movies around them.

#1 Space Mountain: This was ahead of its time in the 70s and 80s. Ever since the only innovation is paint and touch screens for waiting in long lines. The coaster itself is horrible now. I can no longer ride it because of the jerking. What they need to do is modernize it to a hypercoaster (magnetics like RnRC). Develop a movie around it during the renovation. Launch the movie and ride at the same time.

#2 Speedway: This is an absolute waste of space now. Those go-carts have been there since I can remember going. They could easily throw Lightening McQueen theme in, but I think that would be wrong. They need to modernize it. They could easily turn it into something like Venelope Von Schweetz race track while making a 2nd Wreck It Ralph. Although not Tomorrowland-ish, it could by Fantasyland-ish.

#3 DHS: There is SO MUCH that can be done at this park. I have always said that they need no less than 10-12 new rides. This park needs something to thin out the herds and have more family rides. There are only 2 rides that children can go on which causes a huge nightmare for families. Lets assume 10 rides. 8 of those need to be Fantasyland type rides. They can bring in the Tea Cups and theme it around Marvel. Bring in 2-3 rides like Pooh and Peter Pan for movies like Monster Inc, Toy Story, etc. Put a racetrack here themed after Cars. A 4D ride similar to Harry Potter at US. They could easily theme this around Star Wars. A Dueling Dragons coaster themed after X-Wing and Tie Fighter. Have it something like entering the shoot of the Death Star. Finally, 1-2 other rides themed around Marvel and Star Wars.

So much can be done. Disney is not hurting for money. AK is getting love with Avatar. MK got the Fantasyland expansion. Epcot, well, Frozen is Frozen. Norway gets Arendale. All DHS gets is closure.

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Splash Mountain is based on a film already! If you made a movie based on Splash Mountain, then it would just be a reboot of Song of the South! I think rides already based on movies should be out of the question.

True, but that's stopping them from making a movie based on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom