The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I am thinking - bet you can hear the wheels turning ....

Adopted Son would looooooove to come to Disney. Adopted Son deserves a decent family vacation.
There is no way to make it happen in two rooms at Coronado w/Son #2 and his GF in one room, and four of us in another.

There is a way, however, to make it happen at Bonnet Creek. Might have to take a detour over to that "other" site, as they have a whole thread dedicated to Bonnet Creek.

Even without Adopted Son, Bonnet Creek might still be a better option for the five of us. Loss of EMH is no biggie, as those are the parks we generally avoid.

I am thinking.

What do you think?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I wasn't referring to adopted son; I know he's had it rough and is generally a good guy.
I had a friend like that growing up. He was 16 and I made him and younger sister an Easter Basket. They never had one ever and yet the kids went to Church religiously. Dad was a Banker and Mom was a tax CPA, that time of year was so busy for them kids were after thoughts. In reality they provided for the kids well but were never there for them. My friend oddly enough became a high level banker himself and moved to a God forsaken state. Sis moved to California. Both moved as far as they could from parents. I'm amazed at how well both kids turned out despite the detached parents.

:rolleyes: Why is it that so many people from my generation don't get their license at 16? (unless in Canada the driving age is older...)

I wonder that too. Some of those kids I know parents didn't want them to grow up. Both my kids had licence close to 16, my son the day after and my DD one month. My son was ready, DD was not but the laws of qualification were changing with the new year and I didn't want to deal with the stupidity so she got her licence on December 31st. I on the other hand did not want her on the road yet so it was almost 6 months later before I turned her loose. She knew it too. It was a timing thing. She was in the middle of girls swim team season and didn't have much behind the wheel time with me during the season. I turned her loose during Summer Club in the morning and the first month I got that call. I kid broadsided her as he ran a stop sign at dawn. Twit. She was in an old tank of a Blazer. Kid creamed his car and put a dent in ours. She was less than a mile from home and I got there before the Sheriff. I still had her drive home, but it really unnerved her.

Gabe1

A lot of states are going to 17 or 18. Not to mention the cost to insure a new driver!!!!!!!!!! It's been17 in Jersey since my parents started to drive, and NYC is 18 for ages

Our car insurance went from about $95 a month to $330 in a blink of an eye. I don't grasp 17 or 18. Who wants spank'n new drivers away at college? My generation of law makers are such hypocrites.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Us mainly Polish and Mexican. Chicago though has people migrating from Puerto Rico and peeps tend to forget they are us, still can't believe they are not the 51st state.
Keep in mind, I know nothing about Puerto Rico and its status ... but, I was chatting for 45 mins in the ToT line in 2013 with a lovely young man and his girlfriend from PR.

He was on leave from the Army. He told me that he is enlisted with the US Army, had been deployed to Iraq, answered to the President as the Commander in Chief (think I got that right), but could not vote for him.

Assuming he was not a liar, liar, pants on fire, I found that odd. Did I understand him correctly?

Gabe1

Still 16 here in Texas.

Technically it is 16 here in Illinois too. But with when they are permitted in school and the behind the wheel time after permit most are 17 unless the parents pay out of pocket for private in that case 16th birthday. I don't get the delay. New is new 16, 17 or 18. I wanted them here where I knew what they were doing. And in my little Hamlet we know what they are doing.

Gabe1

'Cause his Mama don't let him drive her car 'cause he smokes dope!

(He got his permit at 16 ... just finishing up his in-car driving school lessons next week. He'll probably get his G2 in April.)

And that is a horse of a different color. If I had a kid with dope issue I too would not help him get behind the wheel ever, I couldn't live with myself if a kid of mine harmed another knowing that. In a heartbeat I would have let my DD take her car to college if she wished. Her opinion was the lot was 2 1/2 miles from her dorm by bus. Bus got her where she needed to be on campus less than that. No brainer for her. DS, well there was beer parties abound. I wan't dealing with all that. I happily paid the $50 to others to just drive him home. My insurance was cheaper with them away at college and their cars at home.

No idea what a G2 is.

Gabe1

I am thinking - bet you can hear the wheels turning ....

Adopted Son would looooooove to come to Disney. Adopted Son deserves a decent family vacation.
There is no way to make it happen in two rooms at Coronado w/Son #2 and his GF in one room, and four of us in another.

There is a way, however, to make it happen at Bonnet Creek. Might have to take a detour over to that "other" site, as they have a whole thread dedicated to Bonnet Creek.

Even without Adopted Son, Bonnet Creek might still be a better option for the five of us. Loss of EMH is no biggie, as those are the parks we generally avoid.

I am thinking.

What do you think?

Take a look at both Swan & Dolphin and the Hilton right across from DTD. Both have EMHs. I love the Hilton. They have different transportation however I take the bus to either Sarrattoga or FQ and boat it over to DTD and utilize the Disney transportation that way. The rooms at the Hilton are huge and I have always had free full service, sit down breakfast for free. Transportation might be an issue with so many different sleep patterns in your group. Going to the parks is perfect from the Hilton, going back a pain in the butt.

Gabe1

Keep in mind, I know nothing about Puerto Rico and its status ... but, I was chatting for 45 mins in the ToT line in 2013 with a lovely young man and his girlfriend from PR.

He was on leave from the Army. He told me that he is enlisted with the US Army, had been deployed to Iraq, answered to the President as the Commander in Chief (think I got that right), but could not vote for him.

Assuming he was not a liar, liar, pants on fire, I found that odd. Did I understand him correctly?

Yes you understood. They are not a state or a district like WDC. They do not have voting priviledges in our Federal or State elections as they are not either more of a provenience. IMO they'd be a state if they got their act together but there is so much corruption there...so many poor and under educated that it is hard for them to get it together. I feel badly because the lack of overall knowledge of the states keeps that land from developing as it should. It genuinely has the potential for a win win for all.

Gabe1

O.k. so I'm always a little bit behind the curve here: what is meatless Monday? o_O Is that a new holiday? ;) Anyway, I assume it means that you don't eat meat on Mondays, for whatever reason. Guess I ended up joining in the party by default today, but only because the cafeteria at work had mac/cheese and I loves me some mac/cheese!!! :hungry: I also had a scoop of acorn squash on the side.

Slurp. :hungry:

Gabe1

Hmm . . . never heard of that. Even the nuns back in grade school told us we couldn't eat meat on Fridays in Lent. They also taught us about Holy Thursday and Good Friday, but they never mentioned anything about Meatless Mondays. You must have been in an advanced Sunday school class. ;)

I'm with you sister friend. My Nutty Nuns never had a word about Mondays either. If they could have tortured us one more day they would have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom