Value Resorts at Disney...

So... I'm chalking this one up to "lesson learned."

Been to WDW 6 times, stayed on-site 5 of those 6. However, never at a Value Resort.

Don't think I'll do it again. Staying at All Star Music. Nice hotel, wonderful restaurant, great pool. Negatives? Room is very small, but we're hardly in it much, so we cope. Noise. We brought a mini air purifier that hums so we drown most of it out.

Biggest complaint? The BUSSES! How in the WORLD does Disney think that one bus every 15-20 minutes will move the 100's of folks waiting in the All Star lines coming home from parks and DTD??? The bus stops at all 3 VALUE Resorts... Been here 3 days and every bus has been packed and with people left behind. So my $100 a night means packed buses and longer waits?

Can't tell you how many people I heard fussing and complaining. Then again, maybe Disney wins in the end, because the next time these people come - and most WILL come back - they will spend MORE money to stay in a nicer resort.

Hhhmmmm..... Think I have been hoodoo'd.

=-)

pug

Been to WDW 6 times, stayed on-site 5 of those 6. However, never at a Value Resort.

Don't think I'll do it again. Staying at All Star Music. Nice hotel, wonderful restaurant, great pool. Negatives? Room is very small, but we're hardly in it much, so we cope. Noise. We brought a mini air purifier that hums so we drown most of it out.

Biggest complaint? The BUSSES! How in the WORLD does Disney think that one bus every 15-20 minutes will move the 100's of folks waiting in the All Star lines coming home from parks and DTD??? The bus stops at all 3 VALUE Resorts... Been here 3 days and every bus has been packed and with people left behind. So my $100 a night means packed buses and longer waits?

Can't tell you how many people I heard fussing and complaining. Then again, maybe Disney wins in the end, because the next time these people come - and most WILL come back - they will spend MORE money to stay in a nicer resort.

=-)
You get what you pay for:)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

=-)
The ironic thing, bus service at even the deluxe resorts is right about the same or worse that it is at the values and moderates. The only transportation plus you have at the deluxe resorts is alternate forms of transportation to some, but not all of the parks.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

We have stayed everything from value to deluxe. In my experience in the values I would stay at the sports simply because they get picked up first. I have never had any bus issues at WL, but the bus service at the Contemporary stinks.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

I think that the time of year and crowd levels really has a great impact on the buses. We have stayed at ASMu several times and have had great bus service; however, we did not stay at peak crowd times. One thing we liked about staying at ASMu is the fact that coming back from the parks you can hop on to any of the AS buses and just do a quick walk back to ASMu. In fact we have had the drivers tell us just to stay on the bus and they will go to ASMu after AS Sports. Yes, the standard rooms are small but if you have need of the suites, they are wonderful.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

=-)
I agree with that. Happened to me. So now when I stay at value I go to Pop Century. If there is a bus ready for Art of Animation I can take that and just walk across the bridge.

Upvote 0

popcenturylover

Worst bus service we've experienced was at AOA. Of course, we were there the first week the value rooms were open so, that could have something to do with it!? The best service is a toss up between CBR & POP. We've also gone at slow Times except once in June.

Upvote 0

SDisney90

I hear a lot of complaints about the buses at the values but never really had any problem. I'm only able to visit WDW in January being the off season- the buses are rarely ever packed. In 2013 there was one time where they couldn't fit everyone in and there was just my girlfriend and I, and 3 other families that the bus from AKL picked us all up and dropped us off, guess we were lucky!

Upvote 0

midnightsun

We stayed at AKL-Kidani last year and we had just as much trouble with the buses. Multiple buses would come for one park before one came for the park we wanted to go to which allowed for a crowd to gather and people left behind.

Like others said, I think the time of year and other factors probably played more of an influence than it being a value resort.

That said, we're going to stay at Pop Century this time around and I do admit the reason we chose them over the All-stars was the bus reason, so we'll see how it goes!

Upvote 0

draybook

My only complaint about ASMusic was the number of coach busses taking up parking spots so that I had to park at the front of building 8 when our room was on the corner of building 7.

Upvote 0

Scor1pion

Out of the 7 times I've been we only needed to use the buses once. Usually drive down so we have our van. We stayed at Pop and didn't have too much trouble. Occasionally had to wait for a second bus at end of day type of thing but I expected that.

Upvote 0

GabeP

Is it still the case that if you're staying on property, you can drive your car to any resort hotel to park when going to the parks? This would really only apply to Epcot (Y & B, S & D) or MK (Poly, Cont, GF). With the elimination of paper parking passes, not sure if you'd be able to scan your MB at the resort entrance or not.

As for the busses, the only time I've had a problem was on Marathon weekend going to MK around the end of the race..we got dumped at TTC and had to monorail (the ferries were ridiculously crowded) into the park. I also tend to see more busses for Epcot, AK and DHS than I do for MK, so, when going to MK, if I can't get a dedicated bus within 10 min of arriving, I'll grab the first Epcot bus and monorail or bus over to MK.

Upvote 0

Jae99

My family of 6 stayed at ASmusic during this past Christmas/New Years week. Either you had some bad luck with timing or we just ended up very lucky. I think the longest that we waited was 10 minutes at both the parks and the resort. During our stay the only time buses were shared between resorts was for AK and DTD. The MK, HS and Epcot all had direct bus service between the resort and each park.

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

Buses are a issue at all resorts and yes a lot of it is time of year. The best bus system I've had was at AKL, PoP and at FQ/RS but as said many times FQ/RS did at times share due to busy time of the year. It's all hit and miss with the buses. I've been really lucky over the years where I've never had a issue. Little wait now and again never hurt :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom