Deluxe Dining Plan 1st time..Need Help

Philipk23

Original Poster
I am planning a trip to WDW for the end of April and plan on doing the Deluxe dining plan just for one day.

Just to give some background...
It will be my girlfriend and I who are both in our early twenties.
I have been to WDW many times over the past 2 years since moving to Florida with my girlfriend and normally we just do the parks all day and do whatever quick service restaurants throughout the day. However this time we want to change things up a bit. We have always wanted to experience the great dining options Disney has but don't really have the financial flexibility to go out and test everything yet.

My idea was to get the deluxe plan for 1 day and need help in deciding what would be the best option of using it throughout the day.

Allotment: 3 table service meals
2 snacks
1 refillable mug​

Neither of us are in to breakfast much so I was thinking the following...

Snack in the morning
Table service at lunch (early)
Snack (Mid-day)
Signature dining for dinner (late...possible fireworks viewing)

Now the only thing we both do not like is seafood but up for trying something maybe as an appetizer.

If anybody has suggestions for restaurants that would be the best for this plan please let me know.

HouCuseChickie

The deluxe plan can be a lot of fun. :)

For dinner, my fave for atmosphere is Cali Grill. My fave for food that we've tried so far that doesn't involve seafood is Yachtsman.

For lunch...you have lots of options. I'd be inclined to try something in he World Showcase. An outdoor table at Rose & Crown might be nice, Via Napoli is popular, and Marrakesh is more interesting than some of the more generic offerings at other spots.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I am planning a trip to WDW for the end of April and plan on doing the Deluxe dining plan just for one day.

I have been to WDW many times over the past 2 years since moving to Florida with my girlfriend and normally we just do the parks all day and do whatever quick service restaurants throughout the day. However this time we want to change things up a bit. We have always wanted to experience the great dining options Disney has but don't really have the financial flexibility to go out and test everything yet.

My idea was to get the deluxe plan for 1 day and need help in deciding what would be the best option of using it throughout the day.

2 snacks
1 refillable mug​

Snack in the morning
Snack (Mid-day)

Now the only thing we both do not like is seafood but up for trying something maybe as an appetizer.

If anybody has suggestions for restaurants that would be the best for this plan please let me know.

Are you only staying 1 night because you have to buy the dining plan (same plan whole stay also) for the whole stay? Just making sure as you did not say how long your trip was. :)

I would reccomend Via Naploli for lunch. We absolutely love their pizza! And would reccomend Le Cellier or California Grill for the signature dinner if you do not want to venture too far out from the park. We also love Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge for a signature as well. We enjoy the other signatures on property too but those are our top 3. :)

sgtmgd

Yachtsman and Le Cellier are great options in the EPCOT area, Narcoosees was fantastic..they have alot of seafood but the Grilled Chop was the best Id ever had. Some of this depends pn what park you want to be in the vicinity of when finished eating.

Tom 55

2 snacks
1 refillable mug​

Snack in the morning
Snack (Mid-day)

Have dinner on the top of the Contemporary hotel at California Grill. They have an outdoor viewing area to see the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. When we went we planned reservation for fireworks time and left dinner to watch fireworks. I have since learned that as long as you had reservation during that day you can return and watch fireworks from them.

Attachments

• IMG_1027.JPG
    IMG_1027.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 28

dreamfinder

I would just make sure you would both eat to the plan. While you could do well (cost wise) at a signature, for instance Cali Grill App - Rock Shrimp Salad - $18, Entree - Bison Striploin - $59, Dessert- Choc pudding cake - $14, Drink - Soda - $3 totaling $95 for the meal, and getting you pretty close to the $110 for the plan, would you really eat that much food? If you would most likely split and app or dessert, then it's probably not worth it. If you would rather have say Pork Two Ways for your entree, thats only $39, so your total for the meal drops to $75. Or if you went to say Jiko, the most expensive app is $19, entree $49, and dessert $15, so you are maxing out at $82. Throwing in 2 snacks at $5 each (being generous), $9 for the 1 day mug, and lunch at BOG ($14 Tuna +$4.19 Cupcake +$2.99 Soda = $21.18) you would save $12 ($122.19 total for Jiko) but it's only worth it if you would eat all that food. I would highly recommend both of those locations depending on your plans for the day, but run the numbers. If your budget is tight, you may do better off to pay out of pocket. Remember you still need to cover gratuity on the plan. All of the resort signatures are good, the in parks ones aren't worth the cost. Alternatively, look at app hopping? One of you books something at Cali Grill, split an app, try to walk into the bar at the Wave to split an app, and the other one of you books something later at Citrico's and you split an app there as well. Lets you experience multiple restaurants at once to get a feel for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom