Where can you buy alcohol before your cruise?

Rudyard Kipling

Original Poster
My wife, my son and I are taking our first cruise soon. We are very excited! We are staying at WDW first and then will be taking Disney transportation right to the cruise. We would like to take some alcohol with us. Where can we buy it from? Do we just buy it at the hotel and take it with us? Also how many bottles can we bring? Thanks for your help!

lostpro9het

We just bought ours at a local package store. Pretty much whatever you can carry in your carryons is what you can bring in. Here is what we brought, I've seen some folks bring a lot more!
3C0AA891-2C41-4AB2-88C6-3DD65BDF8240.jpg

wdwstateofmind

There is nothing within walking distance of the port. However, a cab should take you to a liquor store and back for fairly cheap since the infamous route A1A is a stones throw away.

Just remember all your alcohol has to fit in your carry-on and/or luggage. You can't just carry a box of wine on (I already tried, trust me...).

patch553

Weve been on 2 cruises and each time weve left Disney world and headed for walmart before cape Canaveral with a 24 pack miller light,small jack daniels and small Smirnoff,so long as its in youre carry on you'll be fine;)
have fun

ChuckElias

Publix also sells wine, and is right in town. If you're driving yourself, it's an easy "detour" before you get to the port. If you're taking a Disney transfer from the airport, you'll have to grab a cab.

This one is just south of the port on A1A:

5645 N Atlantic Ave
Cocoa Beach, FL
(321) 783-1014

This one is right off of 528 (the Beach Line), which is convenient if you're driving from the airport or from WDW:

1850 N Courtenay Pkwy
Merritt Island, FL
(321) 986-6260

If you're driving yourself with a rental car, then I would definitely NOT purchase your alcohol at the airport. It'll be cheaper if you stop on the way. However, if you will need to get a cab from the port, that expense might make it worthwhile to simply pay a little more at the airport. (I'm sorry that I can't offer more specific advice, but I don't buy the alcohol in my family, so I don't really know what the difference in price will be between Publix and MCO.)

Phonedave

If you are planning on making a stop the day of, be sure to check the operating hours of the store you are planning on going to. Most liquor stores are not open early, so if you are planning on making an early boarding time, that may be an issue.

-dave

ChuckElias

If you are planning on making a stop the day of, be sure to check the operating hours of the store you are planning on going to. Most liquor stores are not open early, so if you are planning on making an early boarding time, that may be an issue.

-dave
Good point, Dave. Here's a question I didn't think of until you just brought it up. I know that Publix is open early but do they have only certain hours to buy wine/alcohol? (In other words: Is the wine "section" at Publix closed until the afternoon?)

Ulysses McGill

I brought an entire suitcase on that was filled with alcohol last time out in November. As long as it stays in your room, you're all good.

But don't forget to bring some sort of nondescript cup with you. Tervis tumbler, something from the gift shop, whatever, so you can enjoy yourself outside of your room without getting into issues with the onboard CMs.

ChuckElias

But don't forget to bring some sort of nondescript cup with you. Tervis tumbler, something from the gift shop, whatever, so you can enjoy yourself outside of your room without getting into issues with the onboard CMs.
Any of the bars onboard will give you a wine glass to take back to your room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom