What did you do?

Kristia

@JillC LI We are going to fly out to Las Vegas, see some stuff there for a couple days and then drive to Yosemite. We will be in Yosemite for 4 days and then drive to Anaheim and go to Disneyland with a visit to the Pacific Ocean in there at some point too. Going to be an 11 day trip which is the longest I have been away in a long time!

imagination30

a nice walk with mom , very cool but nice.. 1.50 . , not worried about pace or anything.. --- 120.73 for the year so far. , and for the month of march.. 46. 78, less than 3 weeks till st. jude . and less than 1 for bridgestreet in hunstville!

JillC LI

@JillC LI We are going to fly out to Las Vegas, see some stuff there for a couple days and then drive to Yosemite. We will be in Yosemite for 4 days and then drive to Anaheim and go to Disneyland with a visit to the Pacific Ocean in there at some point too. Going to be an 11 day trip which is the longest I have been away in a long time!

Sounds amazing. We did Vegas combined with some other National Parks 2 years ago, and it was such a memorable trip. Yosemite is on my must-do list. I can give you ideas for Vegas if you want at some point.

LindsayLoves

5x800 w/ 1.56m w/u, 800 @ 3:30, 3:29, 3:27, 3:30, 3:30 w/1:50 rest intervals, 1.16m c/d

I am never this consistent on speed work unless I am on a treadmill. I just need to start translating that speed to longer distances...

@Texas84 - congrats on that shiny new PR!

@Kristia - that anniversary trip sounds fantastic. 11 days of vacation sounds heavenly.

JillC LI

This is NOT an April Fool's Day joke: I RAN LAST NIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 7 WEEKS!

With dr's clearance, and no pain in my legs (yes in my hands and wrists but that was irrelevant), I tried a short run on the treadmill so I could stop immediately if I felt any pain. It was only 2 miles, and it was ridiculously slow, but it was glorious! I was relieved that I wasn't totally out of breath after not running for so long, and I do not have any muscle soreness today so I guess there is some muscle memory. I'm still not "in remission" from my RA flare-up, but at least I am at a point where I can exercise gently again. One day at a time.

Kristia

That's awesome @JillC LI ! I went to Vegas in December with one of my friends for a couple days. Dan has never been there and wants to see it. Now that I have seen it, I could take it or leave it. I prefer to be out in the wilderness. Less scary people out there LOL! We went to Hoover Dam and Valley of Fire State Park. Very cool places and will definitely be heading back there!

JillC LI

That's awesome @JillC LI ! I went to Vegas in December with one of my friends for a couple days. Dan has never been there and wants to see it. Now that I have seen it, I could take it or leave it. I prefer to be out in the wilderness. Less scary people out there LOL! We went to Hoover Dam and Valley of Fire State Park. Very cool places and will definitely be heading back there!

Thanks Kristi. Did you check out the light show at Fremont Street, by the original strip? That's really cool - more interesting than the gambling on the main strip which didn't interest us. There are some great shows too - both outside the hotels (the Volcano at the Mirage, water fountain light show to music at Bellagio, pirate show at Treasure Island, etc.) and inside the hotels (we loved O, Love, and the Million Dollar Piano; Zumanity was raunchy but fun too). I agree Hoover Dam is really neat. There's a bus tour there that stops at the Ethyl M chocolate factory which is fun (and delicious!).

Texas84

A new 3-mile route this morning in the rain. These hills are going to make me stronger or hurt me.

No running this weekend. Going to Epcot to see The Orchestra and partake in F&G mini-Drunkytown. :hungry:

Kristia

Thanks Kristi. Did you check out the light show at Fremont Street, by the original strip? That's really cool - more interesting than the gambling on the main strip which didn't interest us. There are some great shows too - both outside the hotels (the Volcano at the Mirage, water fountain light show to music at Bellagio, pirate show at Treasure Island, etc.) and inside the hotels (we loved O, Love, and the Million Dollar Piano; Zumanity was raunchy but fun too). I agree Hoover Dam is really neat. There's a bus tour there that stops at the Ethyl M chocolate factory which is fun (and delicious!).
We didn't make it down to Fremont Street but we did see the Fountain show at the Bellagio. In Dec, I was only there for 3 days and one whole day was spent at Hoover Dan and VoF. We went for the National Finals Rodeo and spent another day a trade show for the rodeo. Everyone keeps telling me that we have to go to Fremont Street so I guess that has to be on the list when Dan and I go.

imagination30

"we are marching to the sun "- echosmith , a wonderful ... good friday run.. actully sweated for the first time in a long time .. --- did 3.40.. and actully ran the the whole thing.. and keep pace between 10-11 ... this week starts race week for 1 of 2 races!....--- 124.13 for the year so far!

6laurac

Ehh, I did some running over the last few days, nothing special so lets leave it at that.

Some people feel that simply by adding mileage your pace will slowly get faster. I find this tends to work by improving the pace for shorter distances, IE adding mileage for a half tends to make your 5k pace faster. But if you haven't found that yet, then you most likely need to switch up your training some. Doing just a single training habit will cause your progress to plateau. So working in speed days (things like 4x400 w 200 rest) or simply adding distance to a faster pace. IE Sat you start off by doing 1/2@10p, then repeat for a week, then do 1@10p, repeat a week, then 1 1/2@10p, etc while still doing your normal long run on another day. Or, you may be at the point in your training where you would benefit from a training program. Be it something from Galloway, Hidgeon, Hanson Project, local running coach, whatever. Most have plans where you can look up your current mileage and goal pace and they will have workouts for you to hit that pace.

Thanks so much for the advice. I am using Higdon's plan and I'm doing well keeping up with his mile plan. Planning on adding more speed work by programming my Garmin next week. I'll keep you all posted

6laurac

I ran 3.5 yesterday in windy 62 degree weather, felt like my legs were rooted to the road. I'm running my last long run tomorrow afternoon after Easter egg hunts (my four year old can hunt and hide eggs for hours) so positive thoughts to all of you tomorrow.

6laurac

1 hour and 30 minutes yesterday. I am not good at running by time because I feel I will end too fast so I run so slow. I also give myself the excuse that I have no water or fuel with me so I should take it slow so I don't burn out but I should just carry some water and be done with that excuse. I hate carrying water when its under 30 degrees because it is very unpleasant if/when it gets you wet. Another reason I can't wait for spring to get here.

Welcome! Just a warning occasional posters usually turn into regular posters. :)

I agree with the notion of running faster but at short intervals. If you don't have a track at your disposal or a GPS device to track your distance there are some super easy ways to incorporate speed into your normal runs. Say you are going out for a 5 mile run, warm up for two miles and then start 20 seconds on/20 seconds off. That means running hard for 20 seconds (not out of breath hard but at a faster pace than you are used to) and then take a 20 second jog break, repeat this 10-20 times and cool down with your remaining mileage to get to 5 miles. Mentally this is an easy to swallow workout, you don't have to work about running fast for any set distance, just as long as 20 seconds takes you. As you improve you will notice you will go farther during those 20 second on periods than when you started. There are loads of easy speed workouts on the internet, pinterest has a lot, especially for the treadmill.

I am going to try that 20 on and off number tomorrow. I know I can do that at least every mile. My new goal is to run a, gulp, full marathon in Myrtle Beach next March. A year should be enough time to get me there and it's a flat course so if I have to train due to the winter weather on the treadmill, I can do it.

Mr mom

A quick recap... On feb18th 2014 I tore my meniscus, damaged my patella femoral region, strained out my ACL and did something to my IT band. In short, I really screwed my left knee. Months of physio fixed some of that but not until I had surgery last October was much of the damage fixed. A few more months of physio followed and on feb 1st I returned to work. Now today, Easter Sunday I went out and ran 3.8 miles. It was not pretty and I feel like I would after running 20 but after over a year I am running again. My body feels like crap but mentally I am dancing right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom