Questions about visiting hotels but staying off-property.

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
My cousin, sister and I are visiting the area on a family matter and renting a house in Davenport for 3 nights.

If we have have time to get-away in the evenings and unwind we are considering visiting a hotel for dinner, and/or the new tiki bar at the Polynesian or the Boardwalk.

What is the policy of visiting and patronizing these establishments if we aren't staying on property? Do we have to pay a parking/valet fee at the hotels?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you have an ADR for dinner at a resort you will be allowed into the lot and can self-park or use valet. To visit the Boardwalk, you can self-park in the lot across the street. You cannot park in the Poly lot just to visit Trader Sam's; according to @wdwmagic you would need to park at the TTC and ride the monorail to the Poly.

rob0519

Actually, you could walk to the Polynesian from the TTC in about 5 minutes or less. The bad part is you will have to pay the fee to park in the main lot. You could always pull up the Polynesian Gate and ask the guard if you could park in their self park lot. The worst that happens is they say no.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

The even-more-elaborate ploy would be to park at the Boardwalk, do stuff there, then ride a bus to MK and a monorail over to the Poly. Then take the monorail back to MK and ride a bus back to the Boardwalk.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Depending on when you're there, you might get denied from parking at the Boardwalk. If it's Flower and Garden, Food and Wine, or if there's some kind of convention, they might turn you away.

The even-more-elaborate ploy would be to park at the Boardwalk, do stuff there, then ride a bus to MK and a monorail over to the Poly. Then take the monorail back to MK and ride a bus back to the Boardwalk.
Rather than bus to MK, you could also walk to and through Epcot, then monorail from Epcot to the TTC.

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
We'll be in town July 17-20 - so no big festivals or special events that I'm aware of. We'd be hanging out the nights of 18th (definitely) and maybe the 19th.

Seems like an ADR is the way to go.
Now...where to do the ADR is the question?! ;)

plutoismyhero

My cousin, sister and I are visiting the area on a family matter and renting a house in Davenport for 3 nights.

If we have have time to get-away in the evenings and unwind we are considering visiting a hotel for dinner, and/or the new tiki bar at the Polynesian or the Boardwalk.

What is the policy of visiting and patronizing these establishments if we aren't staying on property? Do we have to pay a parking/valet fee at the hotels?

Best idea is to go to DTD or DS whatever it is called now and take the buses to any resort you want. Mind you that some pools you cannot go to but other then that it should work I have done this when working down to visit different resorts. I used to go to the Bar outside of Ohana's when waiting for my DW to get off work at MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom