The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Adopted Son (aka - The Extra Kid in the basement) is getting a free ride for the first time in his life.
I wouldn't dream of charging him anything. He is saving a bit of money for a car, a bit of money to move out, all while doing things he's never had the funds to do.
This is a kid who vividly remembers his Grandpa picking him up from school and taking him out to lunch at McDonald's ... because it happened exactly ONCE in his whole life! (I used to pick up my kids for lunch once a week.)
This is a kid who has never had a vacation.
This is a kid who has received exactly two Christmas gifts from his mother in 19 years.
I am spoiling this kid rotten to make up for the shi**y hand life dealt him
I wasn't referring to adopted son; I know he's had it rough and is generally a good guy.

B) Learner's permit only
:rolleyes: Why is it that so many people from my generation don't get their license at 16? (unless in Canada the driving age is older...)

StarWarsGirl

A lot of states are going to 17 or 18. Not to mention the cost to insure a new driver!!!!!!!!!! It's been17 in Jersey since my parents started to drive, and NYC is 18 for ages
It's 16 1/2 here and in PA. They make it tough enough that they don't need to raise the age. I think it should be 16 so that when kids go off to college, they're already comfortable behind the wheel.

My parents are lucky. Their policy is written so that their policy insures everyone who lives in the house. So my vehicle is insured, but they don't have to pay extra for me. Even if they did, the good student discounts apply.

A lot of people here don't take advantage of getting their license at 18. My one friend, who is two years older than me, got his license at 19. I had mine before he had his. Another got hers last fall at age 21.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom