Which Disney attraction would make a good movie?

Brer Panther

Original Poster
I know Disney attractions becoming movies hasn't always worked out... But are there any rides you think would make good movies? Animated or otherwise?

Personally, I think a traditionally-animated movie based on the Country Bear Jamboree could be pretty cool.

Cmdr_Crimson

I always thought The Enchanted Tiki Room would be an idea of a guy who finds this lost hideaway on a deserted island inhabited by birds only to find out they can talk due to a tiki curse that causes the birds to...."Talk, sing...etc"..Toss some bad guys, some humor, a bird poop joke...and boom you got a Movie...I have a perfect tagline for it..."Get Your Squawk On This Summer!"

Oh yes...Also forgot this...This has been floating around on google..Not mine...But, still I'd like to see it...
tumblr_mpfvy86jtV1rqqya8o1_400.png

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Original Poster
I always thought The Enchanted Tiki Room would be an idea of a guy who finds this lost hideaway on a deserted island inhabited by birds only to find out they can talk due to a tiki curse that causes the birds to...."Talk, sing...etc"..Toss some bad guys, some humor, a bird poop joke...and boom you got a Movie...I have a perfect tagline for it..."Get Your Squawk On This Summer!"

I like that idea!

Oh. My. Gosh. I have not ridden Journey into Imagination nor watched a POV but I know who he is and Me! Want! Now!

Ok, back to my idea. I think that a comedy film based on Jungle Cruise would be a big hit! It could star Josh Gad as the skipper and Ellen DeGeneres could be one of the tourists... It could have a Gilligans Island-like plot where they go on a guided tour through the jungle, but get shipwrecked and have to find their way through the jungle.. could include lots of references to the ride and would probably in turn inspire the ride just like Pirates... I think it would be hilarious!

Or an adventure film based on expedition Everest, add another pg-13 film to Disney's list.

Ooh! or a thriller based on the original Countdown to Extinction in the sense of Jurassic Park so they could change it back! Start with the wonder of seeing dinosaurs, everything goes terribly wrong when the time machine looses power and the meteor is about to hit.... hmm...gonna have to write this stuff down...

WedwayPM

Oh. My. Gosh. I have not ridden Journey into Imagination nor watched a POV but I know who he is and Me! Want! Now!

Ok, back to my idea. I think that a comedy film based on Jungle Cruise would be a big hit! It could star Josh Gad as the skipper and Ellen DeGeneres could be one of the tourists... It could have a Gilligans Island-like plot where they go on a guided tour through the jungle, but get shipwrecked and have to find their way through the jungle.. could include lots of references to the ride and would probably in turn inspire the ride just like Pirates... I think it would be hilarious!

A Jungle Cruise movie is already in the works. With Tom Hanks and Tim Allen.

Oh...I thought that was just a rumor...ok, but I feel like the main characters need to be comedians for it to work....unless they are comedians and I'm just an idiot. :p

Watching a pov of the original journey into imagination, it would defenitely work! We could base it off of the comics, use that story and their Dreamfinder....And Figment could REALLY make good use of 3D....This topic really makes me want to work on these projects!

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Expedition Everest would make a fun film.

That being said, I'd hate for Disney to take us up on any of this. I'm one of those who hated how POTC was "re-imagined" (ahem, totally messed up) to shoehorn in a [completely nonsensical] film-related plot and [anachronistic] Johnny Depp animatronics after the movies started coming out. I fear they'd try and do the same to any other attraction if a film based upon it turned out to be successful....

Launchpad McQuack

I feel like there could be lots of potential around Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Maybe just call the movie Thunder Mountain, though, since Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a mouthful.

Goofyernmost

Splash Mountain...it could be a mixture of live action and animation....or they could just re-release the original
They could re-release the original, but, it would be pretty confusing to many people, since there is no one riding in a log and going over a water fall and other then the characters, had nothing whatsoever to do with the manner of presentation in the ride. The ride has but one of the stories that comes up in the original movie, but, it is a story with no solid moral where as the original had a reason for the story to exist. Unless you have seen the original movie, you aren't going to understand what I'm talking about, but, I guess you will have to just take my word for it.

HauntedMansionFLA

Haunted Mansion (done right and NOT with Eddie Murphy)
Journey into Imagination 1.0 -- lots of material for Dreamfinder and Figment to work with
Space Mountain (maybe a sequel to Tomorrowland?)
Haunted Mansion was a lost opportunity. I agree that they should do the movie the right way. Tim Burton to direct the movie?

Make it like Disney's old horror films, Something Wicked This Way Comes and Watcher in the Woods.

Splash Mountain is based on a film already! If you made a movie based on Splash Mountain, then it would just be a reboot of Song of the South! I think rides already based on movies should be out of the question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom