What will come first a 5th disney park or a 3rd universal park?

mahnamahna101

I'm pretty sure there won't be a third park until the fate of the Lockheed Land is decided - some suspect that Universal is 'doing a Walt' and doing deals under different company names to secure that having missed out on it a decade ago.

Here's my predictions:
1) Kong & Sapphire Falls
2) Water park
3) Lord of the Rings replacing Toon Lagoon
4) Potter phase 3 - possibly including/being part of a hotel
5) Back of USF expansion - probably a new show in the theater, Ghostbusters maybe? And a new ride next to MIB.
6) The third gate announcement, and another hotel - probably timeshare.
7) And on that note, in this time Disney will probably just have announced a new DVC property.
With that huge plot next to MIB and Springfield, Universal could fit two big rides and a couple of smaller additions.

I would also say an addition for Seuss, a KidZone redo, Twister and Disaster replacements, a new MSHI attraction to replace Doom and a JP expansion/revamp are going to happen before LOTR ever does. Insiders have mentioned that Christopher Tolkien refuses to make any sort of theme park deal. So Uni has to wait until he dies to attempt to get the rights. Then they need 2-2.5 yrs to properly build a full-scale section.

BroganMc

I
7) And on that note, in this time Disney will probably just have announced a new DVC property.

Too true.

I'm a Disney Diehard but I see where WDW has gotten in a rut. Their theme park updates and expansions are in a rut while the hotel/timeshare business is their cash cow for expansion. Very sad.

orlando678-

I don't agree Disney has many rumors on the hand. Also they already have many plans confirmed and there are so many possibilities. I mean they are going to have Avatar land for sure, but what about the plans for a new Epcot and Hollywood Studios and the other expansions of Animal Kingdom. I have heard things as Pixar land, Star Wars land, New future world pavilions, new world showcase pavilions( Brazil or Puerto Rico) and so much more. Actually yes they have plans for Disney Springs and new hotels, but this is still a big part of a theme park resort. Sure Disney is slower, but I have never been really disappointed in them.

BrerJon

I don't agree Disney has many rumors on the hand. Also they already have many plans confirmed and there are so many possibilities. I mean they are going to have Avatar land for sure, but what about the plans for a new Epcot and Hollywood Studios and the other expansions of Animal Kingdom. I have heard things as Pixar land, Star Wars land, New future world pavilions, new world showcase pavilions( Brazil or Puerto Rico) and so much more. Actually yes they have plans for Disney Springs and new hotels, but this is still a big part of a theme park resort. Sure Disney is slower, but I have never been really disappointed in them.

Those of us who've been Disney fans for a long time have been hearing rumours of new World Showcase pavilions, new Future World attractions, Star Wars lands, Villains park... you name it, we've heard it, for over ten years now. I think it's probably closer to fifteen. By this stage rumours mean nothing - Disney almost never delivers on them.

Kids have been born and grown up and gone to college in the wait for Disney rumours to come to fruition. A 21 year old today wasn't even born when 'LucasLand' at the Studios first started being talked about.

When it comes to Disney, nothing is for sure to happen until ground is broken (and even then it's likely to take half a decade to finish construction - just ask Pleasure Island or 20K).

JordanNite

Disney don't invest in the parks. What you see now is what you will get in 10 years time.

I have major doubts we'll see the Avatar project finished too.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Disney don't invest in the parks. What you see now is what you will get in 10 years time.

I have major doubts we'll see the Avatar project finished too.
Do you have anything to substantiate your theory that Disney will abandon, in midstream, their Animal Kingdom Avatar Expansion?

Has Disney ever started construction of a major attraction and then stopped halfway through? Do you know something that I am missing?

JordanNite

Do you have anything to substantiate your theory that Disney will abandon, in midstream, their Animal Kingdom Avatar Expansion?

Has Disney ever started construction of a major attraction and then stopped halfway through? Do you know something that I am missing?

Look at their history - they are known for it.

But this regime in charge at the moment, is diabolically bad. I bet if Iger could go back in time he probably wishes he didn't commit to the Avatar project. If they do end up building something, it will be a thin down, stripped, bare bones version of the original designs.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

But this regime in charge at the moment, is diabolically bad. I bet if Iger could go back in time he probably wishes he didn't commit to the Avatar project. If they do end up building something, it will be a thin down, stripped, bare bones version of the original designs.
You do realize that it is currently being built as we speak!

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I can't think of anything that got this far into construction and was canceled, except maybe Pop Century phase 2.

Animaniac93-98

For the longest time I couldn't really think of a good overall theme for a 3rd Universal park. After seeing Jurassic World this week, I feel so stupid for not realizing the obvious answer sooner. The functioning theme park shown in that movie begs to be built and it would be the perfect counter-park to SeaWorld, Animal Kingdom and other animal/educational parks. Plenty of creative opportunity for several attractions, and the brand's already well-established and still popular. They even have the ponchos and drink cups designed already. No, they can't have REAL dinosaurs, but technology has come a long way since Islands of Adventure opened in 1999.

As far as that park goes, I'd say replace Jurassic Park with a Monsters section. They're another known Universal property that pass the low-bar test of literary roots, plus they theme fits nicely between the European setting of Harry Potter and the "famous monsters of filmland" legacy of King Kong. Even if the planned reboot of the series falls apart, it's doubtful the public will forget about characters like Dracula, the Wolf Man and Frankenstein's monster anytime soon.

Just my $0.02 contribution to armchair Imagineering.

Mike S

For the longest time I couldn't really think of a good overall theme for a 3rd Universal park. After seeing Jurassic World this week, I feel so stupid for not realizing the obvious answer sooner. The functioning theme park shown in that movie begs to be built and it would be the perfect counter-park to SeaWorld, Animal Kingdom and other animal/educational parks. Plenty of creative opportunity for several attractions, and the brand's already well-established and still popular. They even have the ponchos and drink cups designed already. No, they can't have REAL dinosaurs, but technology has come a long way since Islands of Adventure opened in 1999.

As far as that park goes, I'd say replace Jurassic Park with a Monsters section. They're another known Universal property that pass the low-bar test of literary roots, plus they theme fits nicely between the European setting of Harry Potter and the "famous monsters of filmland" legacy of King Kong. Even if the planned reboot of the series falls apart, it's doubtful the public will forget about characters like Dracula, the Wolf Man and Frankenstein's monster anytime soon.

Just my $0.02 contribution to armchair Imagineering.
I say make the third park themed around monsters. Godzilla, the Kaiju from Pacific Rim, classic monsters, Alien, etc.

BrianV

Never seen it.

Really?!?!?!?!?!? If you are for real, rent it tonight! The directors cut. I wish I could watch it tonight having never seen it.

My original comment was facetious. Replicants, like terminators, are robots that look completely like humans!

matt78

I say make the third park themed around monsters. Godzilla, the Kaiju from Pacific Rim, classic monsters, Alien, etc.

If they wanted to do something Harry Potter related they could add the Forbidden Forest to it. That would add Centaurs, Acromantula, Unicorns, Hippogriffs & Thestrals to the list. Not to mention Graup, Fluffy and the Weasley's Ford Anglina. Maybe even a Sphinx depending on what happened to the one from the Triwizard Tournament.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom