Trip Report A Magical Spoxy Honeymoon (November 10-21, 2014 - Completed)

Introduction: Hello! My name is Christine (28) and along with my husband Kyle (28), we both celebrated our Honeymoon at Walt Disney World from November 10 - November 21, 2014.
cYaqZz9.jpg

Day One: November 10, 2014

We left for Florida at 6:30 AM after packing the day beforehand and eating dinner at PF Changs with my father. We flew Southwest and flight was pretty uneventful. We arrived at the airport and grabbed our luggage, which actually arrived on time for this trip. I packed WAY too much for this trip, like 2 jackets and 5 pairs of different but very cute shoes too much. There we were, two Texans with our cowboy boots about to embark on a wonderful week and a half at Disney.
F46kI8O.jpg

It was either Disney or Europe, but as the wedding was pretty costly, we decided to save Europe for our one year anniversary. We took our bags (we both had large rolling bag and a large duffel) and walked over to the car rental terminal(which seemed like it was half way across Florida). Since we booked online, we were able to skip the counter and head straight out to the garage to pick out a car, which to me was pretty nifty. After some discussion(we could have even have chosen a minivan at the same price as an economy car, but as it was just the two of us we didn’t need that much car), Kyle picked a cherry red Ford Fiesta hatchback (he would have a slight love affair with this car for the rest of the trip) and we were on our way.
8GTOxS9.jpg

We drove into Disney and the first thing I noticed was primary colors on the welcome sign. We had arrived at the most magical place on earth! We were able to get free dining for our trip, but as a consequence we ended up in a Pirate Room at Caribbean Beach. Even though we had credits to be activated, we decided to first go to downtown Disney before checking in. We parked by Disney Quest and walked all the way across Downtown Disney to Earl of Sandwich, which was ridiculously crowded. I know people say that it only takes about twenty minutes to get through a long line there, but we weren’t really feeling like waiting that long for a sandwich. Slightly dishearten, we walked back across the land of Downtown Disney to Wolfgang Puck’s Grand Cafe while taking in our surroundings. Downtown Disney is very much under renovation to become Disney Springs, but being the children of planners we loved looking at the renderings of the proposed buildings. I cannot wait to come back when it is all finished.

At the Grand Café, we decided to eat a full meal as the offerings at the express side were not doing it for me that day (come to find out they do have good offerings, just wasn’t in the mood for them). The décor in the restaurant was reminiscent of the early 1990s and brought back strong feelings of nostalgia for us. There was a strong use of primary colors, especially yellow and red which fueled my 1990s nostalgia extravaganza.

I ordered the bacon cheeseburger with fries and Kyle had the BBQ chicken pizza.
iFip8HZ.jpg

Both were excellent, especially after a long day of travel. After lunch we headed to the Caribbean Beach Resort to check into our room before heading to EPCOT.
7PgA12Y.jpg

We checked in at the Customs House, which was pretty neat. It had fans rotating in the ceiling and a very tropical feel. The gentleman who checked us in was very friendly. I believe he was from Norway. He gave us our happily ever after pins and we were off in our Ford Fiesta chariot to see our room.

Last edited:

Spoxy

Original Poster
Day Seven: Blizzard Beach Adventures

Today we actually took it kind of slow and enjoyed some of the other amenities that Disney has to offer. We started the day with a lateish breakfast at my now favorite place, Boma! For anyone who likes breakfast, Boma is your place. We arrived at AKL in our candy red chariot and walked down to the restaurant to check in for our ADR. From there we explored a little bit again. Some day when I have money or DVC (hint hint kyle), I am going to stay at this place. So cool! The place is so clean and inviting and the animals in the courtyard cannot be beat. We finally saw a glimpse of the pool, which was exotic and beautiful.
HnlKrk2.jpg

jHOunM1.jpg

NmD76Gh.jpg

bw2iBZ9.jpg

We were seated fairly quickly today and were given our coffee (coffee, coffee, coffee – Fry, got to love it) and our jungle juice (I typically do not drink juice because of the calories, but boy I could have downed this stuff all day - sweet and tart and exotic). We were told by our friendly waiter that we could head up at any time… well, don’t mind if I do! The first station I hit was the ham and turkey station. The ham and turkey had been roasted and was so flavorful. Then, I found the Mickey waffles, which come on, who doesn’t love Mickey waffles! I think I got some healthy stuff… I’m sure I did, I just don’t remember it.

But then I found it, the food I would spend the next 6 months craving (and the recipe): the bread pudding with pecan caramel sauce. Yes, pecan caramel sauce. You see, I have a big thing for caramel. On our trip last year, Kyle and I got separated at EPCOT and when he found me, I was apparently standing there eating the caramel popcorn in Germany with a glazed look on my face. All I could say was popcorn and when he tried to take a handful, let’s just say it wasn’t pretty. Mind you when we were separated, I was popcornless. So, anyhow, I had like two plates of that stuff. Kyle, on the other hand, did not get stuck at the caramel station and had several pastries, which he said were awesome and some deserts. I don’t remember desert because of caramel sauce.

hx8XHYR.jpg

YAvpPd3.jpg

eEa70FW.jpg

We ended our breakfast and went to the store to buy some souvenirs. I love the fact that all of the resorts have special souvenirs. Like for instance, the Yacht Club has fancy Lilly Pulitzer dresses and Tommy Bahama golf shirts, in addition to a lot of boating and beach themed apparel. Whereas, a lot of merchandise at AKL has a safari, I’ve been trekking vibe to it. It is pretty neat. And don’t even get me started on AoA, they have so many awesome things. I had to be dragged out of there before I did too much damage. The only gift shop I was not too crazy about was our very own Caribbean Beach shop. Honestly, I could spend a few days just playing and shopping in the resorts, but then I think I would still somehow find my way to EPCOT mindlessly eating caramel popcorn, not knowing exactly how this happened again.

So, today was designated as a no park day as we only had 8 days of admission. We did this because we bought the Water Parks Fun and more package. It was totally worth the money, as I think it was 50 bucks for each of us. After breakfast, we decided to go to Winter Summerland to play mini golf. Let me just say I love mini golf, but I am really bad. It could be because I spend more time taking pictures of the cute statues than actually concentrating on the ball, but whatever. It is a very neat course with two sides. One is winter themed and the other is Santa and the elves on vacation in Summerland.

The clubs and equipment is housed in a 1960’s trailer and each hole is different scene from the vacation. We decided to do Winterland first, with a goal of hitting Summerland later (spoiler alert, didn’t happen, too much else to do, but yet another reason to come back). I loved Winterland. Each hole has a clue for you to use to get a hole in one and they are in the form of funny little poems. I was also able to get a cool picture of my rings with the snow castle (which has twin sandcastle in Summerland). It was totally worth the time and the weather was great.
4wnvudm.jpg

QgERql5.jpg

XEEuNdm.jpg

NqrAMy7.jpg

nZC9oU0.jpg

12Dduxj.jpg

Spoxy

Original Poster
l0NGX9H.jpg

ncpDHEs.jpg

EMOKJUC.jpg

FAVN8gM.jpg

fajS2Ow.jpg

2PGhXgR.jpg

vw6BkKV.jpg

9wrWTN7.jpg

jCfBHBA.jpg

After our round of golf, we decided to go to Blizzard Beach, which had been a childhood goal of mine ever since my mother decided that we all needed to go to a real beach rather than Blizzard Beach when I was 10. Trips are much more fun when you are in charge of the itinerary, just saying. So, we headed back to pirate ships, got changed and headed to Blizzard Beach. Today was the only day it was going to be warm enough for the water park, as a cold front was coming through the next day. More on that later… We arrived at the Blizzard Beach and the themeing was once again awesome! Sadly, we could not get terribly many pictures as we don’t have a waterproof camera and you know water and electronics do not have a great relationship.

IYLJOyx.jpg

i3kscAK.jpg

TIwI2jF.jpg

We got a locker for our things which was actually pretty reasonable for Disney, and headed to the ski lift. Remember how I said my husband is deathly afraid of heights? Yeah, he did not enjoy that ride and I am surprised to this day I was able to drag him on it. We rode the family slide with a family from England, and they seemed to be having a hard day. Then we hit the lazy river, which was fun until we entered the cave and freezing cold water came crashing down on us. So cold, so very cold. I loved the themeing again on the lazy river with the little ski house that shoots water. I am sure on a hot Florida summer day that it is amazing. We rode the slide on the top of the hill, which I think was the toboggan slide. I have not had that much fun since I moved to Texas and couldn’t find any rivers for white water kayaking. Every time we hit the bottom of the slide, we would end up off the tube and in the water in a most spectacular way.
BlaznNK.jpg

SFu1QYa.jpg

We then hit the wave pool, realized we were hungry (I know, right) and had the best lunch at a water park I have ever had. We shared a bacon cheeseburger with a very good sauce and fries and desert, I would highly recommend the food at Blizzard Beach. Sadly, we don’t have a picture, but rest assured that it was tasty.

We tried to find some more slides, but we just got plum tired and couldn’t walk as well, especially barefoot, as earlier this week.

Spoxy

Original Poster
We decided to go back to the room, get dressed and head over to AOA for dinner. We did some more exploring of both Pop Century and AOA resort. Radiator springs is awesome and now that I have seen the movie it all makes sense.
Hx2EWjh.jpg

trSKUcb.jpg

WhvbsGZ.jpg

8ktC5kp.jpg

QWC4jLt.jpg

bPnjwCh.jpg

tlu3tkw.jpg

wXkjaY1.jpg

JETIaIg.jpg

d92b8S7.jpg

FMbfdMP.jpg

QDfj72N.jpg

ZGewdv8.jpg

bSOwQEZ.jpg

The food court was a little more crowded tonight, probably because it was earlier in the evening. We decided to both get the pasta bowl because the turkey thing was no longer on the menu. After waiting in a pretty long line I gave my order (totally healthy alfredo with all veggies, shrimp and the cavatappi pasta) and the same woman who was nonchalantly throwing the green beans on the grill a few nights ago was working the pasta station.

She had decided to no matter what you ordered you were getting linguini with tomato sauce. We finally get our bowls and we got the exact same thing, which was completely opposite of what we ordered (other people were having the same problem as us). My husband wanted to just let it go and not make waves, but I have a thing with tomato sauce (I hate tomato skins, like hate, hate and it’s the only thing I won’t do, which of course makes me picky when it comes to pasta sauce).

So I went to the lady at the end of the line and nicely told her our problem. She was very gracious and told the cooks at the pasta station what happened. The woman shrugged and went back to making another linguini with tomato sauce and her follow chef looked annoyed like this had been happening all night and quickly and efficiently made us new bowls. I thanked them profusely and we headed to our table bowl and Mickey cupcake in hand. SO tasty!
VOf5rvi.jpg

zZuRnjr.jpg

We ended up sitting next to a young family with 3 kids and a grandmother. These may have been the most interesting people of the trip. One of the children was crying and the mother and grandmother were getting annoyed. As soon as they left and only the father was there, the child became complacent and the father played with the kids. The mother and grandmother came back and you could feel the change that came over the children and the one started to cry again. The grandmother gave us a dirty look and they left shortly thereafter. Not sure what was happening with that family, but wow I am glad not be that guy or those kids.

After dinner we shopped, I bought some ornaments and stockings (to replace the ones our loving dog Spot ate trying to get to candy last year), and a shirt. AOA has the BEST gift shop, bright and easy to navigate.

We headed back to our pirate ships and fell asleep with a very full stomach.

Up next… We take a behind the scenes look on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour

Last edited:

Mom@disney

What a great day! We have never been to the waterparks or the mini golf...there is always next trip, right?! And I'm definately trying Boma next time!

Spoxy

Original Poster
What a great day! We have never been to the waterparks or the mini golf...there is always next trip, right?! And I'm definately trying Boma next time!

We had a lot of fun at mini golf. We could play at Winter Summerland or Fantasia Gardens any time before 4:00 pm with the Water Park Fun and more pass, but they also throw in some passes with the Magic Your Way packages. It's always a fun picture taking time for me!

We had a lot of fun at Blizzard Beach, but we didn't have much luck with the weather. It was in the low 70's the day we went, which gets cold really fast at the water park. It only got colder from there, though. Still, it was fun to cross it off the list and now we need to hit Typhoon Lagoon next time.

We loved Boma breakfast and the caramel sauce so much that we found a recipe for it and have made it several times since we got back. It goes well on...everything!

Missymoe4

I love your rings! You're trip report has been so much fun reading! I can't wait to hear some more.

I was in WDW just after you this past year. I flew in Nov. 20 and left the 30th. It was a great time to go.

Congrats on your marriage :)

mrdrift

What a wonderful day at Blizzard Beach. The mini golf just outside is a crazy course, my kids just love it. My family also loves AoA gift shop and food court, one of the best in Disney World. Following along.

Mom@disney

We had a lot of fun at mini golf. We could play at Winter Summerland or Fantasia Gardens any time before 4:00 pm with the Water Park Fun and more pass, but they also throw in some passes with the Magic Your Way packages. It's always a fun picture taking time for me!

We had a lot of fun at Blizzard Beach, but we didn't have much luck with the weather. It was in the low 70's the day we went, which gets cold really fast at the water park. It only got colder from there, though. Still, it was fun to cross it off the list and now we need to hit Typhoon Lagoon next time.

We loved Boma breakfast and the caramel sauce so much that we found a recipe for it and have made it several times since we got back. It goes well on...everything!
Ooooooo!!! I just looked up the recipe...I think it will go well with dessert for Easter!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Don't know if you guys ever figured out which island was the former Discovery Island, but you can't see it from the MK ferry. Discovery Island was in Bay Lake, behind the Contemporary Resort. You pass right by it if you take the boat from the Contemporary to Ft. Wilderness (or ride the boat from Ft. Wilderness to the MK). Lots of birds still flock to the trees on the island.

Spoxy

Original Poster
What a wonderful day at Blizzard Beach. The mini golf just outside is a crazy course, my kids just love it. My family also loves AoA gift shop and food court, one of the best in Disney World. Following along.

We had a lot of fun with it. We played mini golf at the pirate place on International Drive during our 2013 trip, so now some sort of mini golf is a must do each time we go.

We loved hanging out around AoA and Pop. I think we will probably end up staying at Pop next time we go so that its easy to walk across to AoA for food and shopping.

Ooooooo!!! I just looked up the recipe...I think it will go well with dessert for Easter!

You won't regret it! We made it a lot around Christmas and experimented a bit. A splash of bourbon gives it great flavor, if you're into alcohol.

Don't know if you guys ever figured out which island was the former Discovery Island, but you can't see it from the MK ferry. Discovery Island was in Bay Lake, behind the Contemporary Resort. You pass right by it if you take the boat from the Contemporary to Ft. Wilderness (or ride the boat from Ft. Wilderness to the MK). Lots of birds still flock to the trees on the island.

Thank you for the information! We started talking about it on the trip because we had previously read one of those forgotten Disney blogs where someone swam over to Discovery Island and took pictures of what was left. Makes much more sense for it to be in Bay Lake. We will look for it next time!

Spoxy

Original Poster
Day Eight: Behind the Scenes on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour

In 7th grade (yikes, I’m getting old), my class was afforded the awesome opportunity to have a behind the scenes tour of MK and learn about how the different rides and special effects worked. I was able to ride Space Mountain with the lights on, go behind the scenes (the control room right off the ballroom/dining room scene) of Haunted Mansion and learn about People Movers’ magnets. It was pretty darn awesome. I wanted to recreate that experience with Kyle, so I booked the Keys to the Kingdom tour for us.

We got up a little late and had a hard time getting going, which was not helped by Kyle deciding that we needed to stop for coffee and breakfast. We stopped at the Old Port Royale, got our coffee and cheese Danish (so good!) and as we were leaving we were stopped by the DVC guy. He was telling us all about DVC and how if we went to a meeting tomorrow we would get a $50 Disney gift card. Sounded good, but by that time, we were running out of time and wanted to maximize our time in the parks. Maybe next time.

We made it to the parking lot and huffed it to the Monorail. By this time, our tour was scheduled to leave in 15 minutes. We were doing fine until…the monorail stopped! We had to wait for like another five minutes for it to be back up and running. By this point, we had 5 minutes to get from the station and into the park and to our meeting point. We ran from the Monorail while people gave us dirty looks. I tried to explain over my shoulder that we had a tour but that only brought on the comments… Well fine then. I didn’t knock anyone over, nor was I inhibiting anyone else from getting to their destination.
SmgxUHp.jpg

Uo4kH5B.jpg

HnBe5Fy.jpg

We made it into the parks and wowie! It was empty and beautiful. The picture people were out taking pics and I was so mad that we did not get there earlier to take advantage of an empty Main Street. We made our way to City Hall where the tour was set to begin. We were not only just in time but also not the last people to arrive! Yay! They asked us what we wanted for lunch from Columbia Harbor House, and we were given our badges and a bottle of water. Our guide was super friendly and loved him some mouse, which was nice. He was actually one of those people who did the college internship not once but twice and liked it so much he came back to work at Disney. He had slowly moved his way up to guest relations through being one of the ferry boat captains.

We had a pretty eclectic group to say the least. It included a perfectly able bodied woman and her son who were using electric scooters. This would not have been a problem if they were nice about it, but alas, they slowed things down, tried to mow the rest of us over and then hopped out of the scooter to walk up to the second floor for lunch so fast that all I could feel was the wind rushing behind them as they ran.

I won’t go too much into the specifics of the tour, except to say it was really fun and we got to see a lot of things including a flip flop in the retention pool for Splash Mountain (apparently this happens more than one would think). They forbid you from taking pictures during the duration of the tour, so no picture sadly. We got to see some MSEP floats, a little of the backlot behind adventure land, the trash compactor system, the utilidors and learned a bunch of fun facts. We also got special front of the line rides on Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. It was not the behind scenes, all inclusive tour I remember and honestly, most of the information can be found on the interwebs nowadays.

We did not see the Cinderella’s castle suite, despite the pleading of several people on the tour. Lunch was included at the Columbia Harbor House. I decided on the fried shrimp and Kyle got the chicken strips. The food would have been good had it been hot, but it had already been placed at our table and we noticed that next tour group’s food was also out even though they were not expected for another 1/2 hour . The shrimp was stone cold, but the cocktail sauce was good, so we made due. We were sat with an older couple from Maryland. They had just driven down the day before with their 20 something year old son. He had elected not to go on the tour and was instead playing the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game as he doesn’t like rides. They had decided to go to Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner and were excited about the all you can eat. We almost went there ourselves on a different day, but decided the ooey gooey cake was not worth the rest of the meal (which can be the blessing or curse of looking at WDW food obsessively for 6 months before our trip). It looks like something that was good at one time, but has gone downhill. Anyhow, we finished the tour and realized that while they warn you that you will be walking, we had no where met our step count for that time in the day. So, it was time to rides some rides!

First, we had to get a picture with Marie, she was so cute and congratulated us on getting married by pawing us. There we met a very nice man and his son who were from my hometown! Go Cards! After our picture with Marie, we got more ice cream. I know, I have a problem, but so tasty and so not part of my usual diet. As we sat there eating our ice cream in the now semi closed Tomorrowland Terrace. I love this place because it is the place we ate when I was 5 and remember it from the trip.
TMctDn0.jpg

About that time it started to rain, like really hard. And with that, everyone left except a few hearty (or fool hearty) souls like us. We decided to get some ponchos, which strangely enough Disney was more than happy to sell us at the Merchant of Venus.
dDfpxHM.jpg

1v1Z3TQ.jpg

YFpINXw.jpg

Ir8biaW.jpg

qKuGcUl.jpg

Spoxy

Original Poster
We then started riding the rides, because, no lines! We went on Space Mountain first then hopped our way over to Splash Mountain, and ended up in the back seat for our two times through. We got stuck for like a good 15 minutes before the first incline on one of the times. Not sure what was going on, but at least we were inside. The ride was fun and we were already soaked so what’s the difference. We noticed in the first picture, Kyle got obscured by a rain drop on the camera so this time I had him kiss me (so he was out of the way of the rain drop) and we got a great picture of us kissing as we went down the mountain.
2Xa7HO9.jpg

mUZTNyf.jpg

m3r8bbL.jpg

T829ZcZ.jpg

GO9pwOQ.jpg

We then headed over to SDMT and were able to pretty much walk on and hit The Little Mermaid. So nice!
jzohyak.jpg

3u6Yd28.jpg

nDJy97m.jpg

hfoctjh.jpg

JTdS2rG.jpg

N5zQ3ww.jpg

tpgY4d8.jpg

wIKSWac.jpg

oTPQX9F.jpg

WT36xH7.jpg

vukr13Y.jpg

Spoxy

Original Poster
gKvbPBs.jpg

hXeSmf1.jpg

KGy83hY.jpg

gfggxDw.jpg

We got more great poncho pics. We did everything, got soaked to the bone and then it was time to head back to the room to get ready for our second fancy meal of the trip at Yachtsman’s Steakhouse.

We arrived at the Yacht Club and realized that the temperature had dropped significantly. We were definitely ready for nice warm food. We had a little bit of trouble finding the restaurant as this hotel holds several. Once we got there, we put our names in and waited for a table while checking out the pool. That is a cool pool! The sandy bottom with the wind and rain really seemed northeast to me.

We were seated in a nice area where we could watch all the food coming out. So tasty looking! We were again sat next to a nice couple who were also celebrating their honeymoon. I think they were from Kentucky. They had been married for a few months, but had to take another trip between their wedding and honeymoon. They were very nice and suggested to us the gelato desert which was amazing. After they left, an equally nice couple came and she was celebrating her 40th. She seemed to be having a great 40th birthday.
yHYNacZ.jpg

lU9PEOM.jpg

A little on the food… if you like steak, this is your place. I have been to some very expensive steak restaurants and this competes. First to come out is the onion pull apart rolls, which are worth the money all on their own. I think we ended up with 2 baskets worth from our wonderful waitress. Then, we ordered the lobster bisque. So good with a little hint of spice but not too much.
gpCKP17.jpg

Then we decided to share the Porterhouse for two and let me tell you, we chose well. The Porterhouse was so buttery that it tasted like popcorn and the sides which are included in the meal were phenomenal. The au gratin potatoes were creamy and the creamed spinach was blissful!
Ij8xhe4.jpg

After stuffing ourselves, it was time for desert. So, I did not get the ice cream this time, Kyle did! He got the three gelatos with berries and fresh whipped cream. I on the other hand got the candy bar desert. It was amazing.
kZgr5Px.jpg

31esO7W.jpg

Then, if that was not enough, our wonderful waitress gave us more desert to celebrate our honeymoon! We received some macaroons and other tiny pastries. We decided to box those up for a fancy snack later. Don’t worry, they were happily consumed. I remember sharing, but not really wanting to.
sZxEGJl.jpg

After dinner, we decided to check out the shops at Yacht Club and I bought some pins for the first time ever. The shop is very nice and spacious, with lots of interesting things. Then we went to Downtown Disney to explore.

We decided to see Disney Quest, as I had been watching the same Disney infomercial for three years on the Travel Channel that features this place. We had the free tickets as part of the Water Park Fun and more package and I was going to maximize my use of that ticket. Disney Quest was neat and was probably amazing when it first opened in the early 2000s, but it needs a major update right now. Everything including, Cyberspace Mountain seemed a little thread bare. We rode Cyberspace Mountain, which strangely, I like Sum of All Thrills better. We played a few games of Wreck it Ralph then it was closing so we checked out gift shop and left.
VM1aj6H.jpg

prJANfd.jpg

We then wandered around a little bit and saw it… The MEGA World of Disney. OMG, how did I ever miss this place. We hopped in and I promptly lost Kyle on “accident” (he hinders my shopping by say silly things like do you really need this or where are going to put that). I was able to buy a few more souvenirs (like I needed more) and explore this awesome store that actually is so big it has departments. I loved the ride merchandise and actually coveted a Dooney and Burke bag for the first time in my life. It had vintage Disney rides on it, after we got back home I looked it up online and they seem to have come out with a new bag style and no longer have the vintage one. I hope they bring it back.
MLX0vRg.jpg

GGkebho.jpg

Next time we go, I am going to spend more time at DTD. I didn’t even get to the mecca of all ice cream shops, Ghirardelli’s, or to the Lego shop (where I would probably be saying do we really need that or where are we going to put that). We arrived home around 11 pm and promptly went to sleep in our pirate ship.

Up Next: Winter Comes to Florida

mrdrift

I would say the tour was a wonderful addition to the report. To bad they don't let you take pictures during the tour. The park sounded really empty while you were going from ride to ride. The meal looked so good I can't wait to try that place on our next trip out. Following along.

Spoxy

Original Poster
I would say the tour was a wonderful addition to the report. To bad they don't let you take pictures during the tour. The park sounded really empty while you were going from ride to ride. The meal looked so good I can't wait to try that place on our next trip out. Following along.

They're very strict about photos, especially backstage. I think you can take pictures onstage with some of the tour guides, but ours preferred that we kept the cameras up so that there was no confusion. One of those things you just roll with!

We really hit the sweet spot for crowds this week, as it was the week after Jersey Week and the week before Thanksgiving. MK was also sparse that day because of the rain and an early closing for a CM party.

Yachtsman was great! It and Narcoosees (still to come) are must dos for us now.

Spoxy

Original Poster
I remembered one funny moment from the tour day that I forgot to include. As we were leaving the park to head back to the resort to get ready for dinner, we realized we couldn't find the car.

Since we were in a hurry due to the tour, we didn't take a picture of where we were parked and it being day eight, all the parking locations started to run together. So, we were those people wandering the lot in the rain and darkness pushing the panic button hoping that the car would let us know where it was.

Kyle swore we parked in Aladdin, but I wasn't sure. Finally we found it, parked in the first row of Aladdin. We got a prime parking spot and didn't even remember it! All of the panic about missing dinner due to a lost car faded away and we were on our way. I think Disney World truly is one of the only places where you can argue about whether or not you parked in Aladdin.

It could have been worse, though. One of my aunts was on military leave once, and they spent the day at MK. At the end of the day, they couldn't find the car and if she didn't report back on time that evening, she would have been AWOL. They had to get the parking tram driver to drive them around the lot until they finally found their car. They ended up making it back on time, but it was very close.

Next update coming soon!

mrdrift

I remembered one funny moment from the tour day that I forgot to include. As we were leaving the park to head back to the resort to get ready for dinner, we realized we couldn't find the car.

Since we were in a hurry due to the tour, we didn't take a picture of where we were parked and it being day eight, all the parking locations started to run together. So, we were those people wandering the lot in the rain and darkness pushing the panic button hoping that the car would let us know where it was.

Kyle swore we parked in Aladdin, but I wasn't sure. Finally we found it, parked in the first row of Aladdin. We got a prime parking spot and didn't even remember it! All of the panic about missing dinner due to a lost car faded away and we were on our way. I think Disney World truly is one of the only places where you can argue about whether or not you parked in Aladdin.

It could have been worse, though. One of my aunts was on military leave once, and they spent the day at MK. At the end of the day, they couldn't find the car and if she didn't report back on time that evening, she would have been AWOL. They had to get the parking tram driver to drive them around the lot until they finally found their car. They ended up making it back on time, but it was very close.

Next update coming soon!
I think all of us have lost the car once or twice going to the parks. Glad to hear that you were able to find it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom