• Star Trek - Insurrection / Nemesis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Trek (2009) and Star Trek Into Darkness

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Well, lets get to the nitty gritty. Voyager marathon continues (S5, E11 right now), and I got to thinking...

What is your favorite Star Trek Movie, and why?
What is your least favorite Star Trek Movie, and why?

Star Trek - The Motion Picture

Star Trek II - The Wrath of Kahn

Star Trek III - The Search for Spock

Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home

Star Trek V - The Final Frontier
This is my least favorite, and proof, in my mind, as to why you shouldn't let William Shatner write and direct. The politics involved with how this movie came to be are quite interesting. Shatner was quite jealous of Nimoy (who directed and co-wrote III and IV, which were both pretty good movies.

Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country
This movie is my favorite. It's very close to II, but it really was, in my opinion, the best of all the Star Trek films.

Star Trek - Generations

Star Trek - First Contact

Star Trek - Insurrection

Star Trek - Nemesis

Star Trek (2009)

Star Trek - Into Darkness

Disneyhead'71

I grew up watching the original series and movies. I never got into any of the spin off series or movies. But just I have to admit that I really enjoy the new reboots. I like how they nailed the original cast. And the new higher action feel.

mnagel55

I think #6 was the best but #1 is a close contender mainly for its innovative plot line. The NG movies did nothing for me. Agreed the reboots are very good as well. Funny I started just re-watching these over the weekend (Finished 4 last nigh *gag*) only to hear that Mr. Nimoy is no longer with us. RIP Mr. Spock

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
#1 Wrath of Khan (IMO, the best ST movie far and away)
#2 Into Darkness (Well, I loved Wrath of Khan and well this is the same basic story with a different cast/take)
#3 2009 Reboot (I loved the interaction between Chris Pine & Leonard Nimoy)

StarWarsGirl

Into Darkness and 2009 are my favorites, with First Contact being slightly behind. I loved 2009, and Into Darkness I thought was even better. The casting on the new films was excellent, and I think that put them over the top. Favorite TOS movie was Voyager Home.

I can't decide if Final Frontier or Nemesis were worst.

rsoxguy

Mine is at a close tie between The Undiscovered Country and The Wrath of Kahn.

The Undiscovered Country- This film was a neatorama adventure from start to finish. It felt more like a good TV episode, as opposed to a pretentious and overblown movie production. Several of the Star Trek films would fit into the latter category.

The Wrath of Kahn- The tie-in to the original series, the overacting, the quote from Moby Dick. What can I say? I loved it.

Jahona

Not in any real order but these are my top 3.

Wrath of Kahn
Undiscovered Country - Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!
First Contact

I also have a soft spot for Insurrection. I have no idea why but I really enjoy that movie.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wrath of Kahn is my favorite with First Contact a close second. Worst for me is Insurrection, it felt like they took a TV episode and tried to stretch it into a movie.

Figgy1

Premium Member
You couldn't ask an easy question? LOL Voyage home for the humor. The new ones were cast very well Chis Pine can out Kirk, Kirk I really miss the days when the conventions were more fun and less greedy!!!!!! And yes I do occasionally leave my basement!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom