• Polynesian

• Grand Floridian

• Contemporary

• Swan

• Dolphin

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
After reading a few comments regarding price, expectations and price and "deluxeness" I'd add, for us, POR is right up there with WL and AKL. Theming, value, amenities and the all important 'boat that goes somewhere'. If it had been a DVC resort we probably would have bought there. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (So is resort greatness).

I tend to agree with you on this one (specifically when comparing it to AKL). It's certainly not as grand (architecture wise, wild jungle animals milling around) but it has a certain something to it that to me can hold it's own with some of the Deluxes. It's not amenities because CSR shares a few with Deluxes (gym etc), but the vibe of the place just has something extra.

216bruce

Yeah, the place has everything that we normally use or like- great pools, awesome landscaping, joggable area along the river. Decent restaurant and a fun lounge too. It was our 'go to place' for years with the kids because it had a trundle bed and there was no way the son and daughter were going to share a bed! We went back a couple of years ago and that's when I thought "man, if only this was a DVC". We coulda saved some money and been very happy here. Just love hopping on the boat, cruising down the river, past the Treeehouses and going to DD. THAT I miss!

Mama4L

Well..now I'm nervous. We stayed at Poly 3 years ago and swore we wouldn't stay anywhere else. Well…they have upset me with the overdevelopment of the bungalows so we chose elsewhere. We landed on AKL for overall theming. All the comments about bus waits have made me very very nervous. We loved Poly for its theming AND convenience. Uh oh.

ShookieJones

Well..now I'm nervous. We stayed at Poly 3 years ago and swore we wouldn't stay anywhere else. Well…they have upset me with the overdevelopment of the bungalows so we chose elsewhere. We landed on AKL for overall theming. All the comments about bus waits have made me very very nervous. We loved Poly for its theming AND convenience. Uh oh.

Here is the thing with the Monorail resorts. You cannot beat them for convenience. Most folks spend more than half of their WDW vacation at the MK. You can't beat a walk, or monorail ride to the MK. Just on that alone they've got every other resort beat by a mile.
As far as waiting for buses etc. We rent a car. Again good for everything except MK. Best way to MK for everywhere else except WL is da bus!

So if transportation is a huge problem \ concern..spend a 150 bucks for the week and rent a car for all the other resorts and stay where ever you want to stay or can afford.

Mama4L

Here is the thing with the Monorail resorts. You cannot beat them for convenience. Most folks spend more than half of their WDW vacation at the MK. You can't beat a walk, or monorail ride to the MK. Just on that alone they've got every other resort beat by a mile.
As far as waiting for buses etc. We rent a car. Again good for everything except MK. Best way to MK for everywhere else except WL is da bus!

So if transportation is a huge problem \ concern..spend a 150 bucks for the week and rent a car for all the other resorts and stay where ever you want to stay or can afford.

Interesting thought. We will have a car since driving down from Destin. I'll need to discuss with hubby or back to Contemporary for convenience purposes. Really love idea of AKL though.

ShookieJones

Interesting thought. We will have a car since driving down from Destin. I'll need to discuss with hubby or back to Contemporary for convenience purposes. Really love idea of AKL though.
Even better. Free transportation. I know some people LOVE not worrying about having to drive, like they can't wait to pitch their car keys into bay lake the minute they land in the World.
Me? I don't mind driving. What I hate is - waiting, standing, and being packed into a metal tube like sardines for more standing and waiting.
No thanks.
Not to mention we park hop. now you're double your standing and waiting time.
Drive your car and you got yourself between 1-3 hours of your valuable vacation time back.

bethymouse

My husband loves the Wilderness Lodge.
My favorite is GF.
My Mom doesn't like the Contemporary. She says it's too much like a "convention" hotel, but I like it.
I really enjoyed Saratoga Springs ( DVC, but not deluxe).
I haven't stayed in the others.;)
I voted for Grand Floridian ( 78 more days) Yippeee!:D

Pluto15

Original Poster
I wasn't sure what the swan and dolphin would come out as result wise with not being WDW resorts but surprised at how low they have polled. I have never stayed there as enjoy all the disney perks like DME and transportation but looks like that has a major impact with the majority.

aw14

Really like AKL, but CR will always standout. Watching my daughters face when wishes started and she could watch while lying in bed. So worth it

blueboxdoctor

Gotta go with the Polynesian. The whole tropical vibe is what does it for me. Though, I do want to eventually make it over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge (only issue is I despise the buses and do like the convenience of the location for the Polynesian). Wilderness is also pretty up there, definitely like how everything is all in one giant building (I guess that's the new/current design philosophy for their resorts). Never stayed at the Grand Floridian but it seems too ritzy for my taste, or at least for a WDW vacation when I just want to chill and have fun the sophisticated look of the Floridian kind of throws off that vibe. Contemporary is just kind of boring looking, but it is very nicely located next to MK. I also liked the Beach Club(?)(the one with the buffet that has the crab legs and other seafood stuff as the main attraction) but the location doesn't do much for me.

Pocahontas

Yacht Club. It's in a perfectly central location - you can walk to Epcot, water taxi to DHS. The boardwalk is also a short water taxi ride away, right across the lake. It's also beautiful. The whole decor is lovely and relaxing, reminiscent of the New England seaside. The pool is amazing. It's huge, has a water slide, sand bottom, lazy river, hot tubs, whirlpool... everything. It also has great restaurants - The Yachtsman, Beaches & Cream, and The Captain's Grille are favorites. The whole atmosphere is so nice. It's a great place to stay.

BigRedDad

I will vote Saratoga Springs. The only reason for this is that we have not yet been there, will be going in July, and want to have a great time being there.

Pluto15

Original Poster
The lodges still remain front leaders with 45% of the total votes cast. It would be great to have any additional voted over the weekend and commentary. I find this post so interesting to read everyone's experiences :)

luis71091

AKL. And if it's not your favorite now, take the tour of the hotel, then see if that changes your mind. Every inch of the hotel has a story behind it. It's incredible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom