The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So about that picture from earlier with the person getting stuck in the field, I have been bugging the HOA since last June to build a fence there so people can't cut through. But no luck. Have been emailing the property manager about this for a long time. They are putting it on the agenda again for the HOA Board meeting in May. I will definitely be there. They don't fix this and I'm going to be their worst nightmare. I will keep bugging and bugging and never let up until they fix this.

Yes, it does seem like it would be a relatively easy fix; the HOA could just put up the fence. From the photo you shared, that grassy field is ruined by cars driving through it. (I'm surprised your fellow residents in that area aren't all up in arms over this, as well.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yeah I was going to crop that photo but got lazy.

I'm am Black Irish and I'm surprised your husband has freckles and is fair. The darker skin of the Spanish in our heritage generally over rides the fair redhead freckled genes.

My parents had black (or very dark brown) hair; my brothers had red hair; and my sister and I had light brown/blondish hair. (When I was a toddler, I was totally blonde.) We figure our DNA must have mutated off into crazy directions to make us all so different! :p :D

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm not sure I want kids, but have accepted that if I get married (something else I don't want to do), it might happen anyway. But if I have kids, other than accidentally getting pregnant, my only reason will be because I, along with whoever I marry, wants them, not because everyone else wants them or expects me to have them. Same thing with getting married: I will if and when I want to, not when everyone else expects me to.
You go girl!!!!!!!!!!

StarWarsGirl

Can someone please tell me why I've been up for 15 minutes while Son #2 continues to saw logs.
I am not a human snooze button.

Time to go down and tell him to s*** or get off the pot.

I've got a bed, and I'm not afraid to crawl back into it!
Question: Your kids work full time, and do not have to pay rent.

What in the world is stopping them from saving up and getting a car?

seahawk7

We have a pretty good trafficking of illegals up in our region most of which are not bilingual and spring, summer, fall here and go south for the winter. Today I noticed the country club dorms are bustling again. By law if they bring their families we must enroll the children in school. We have quite the budget line item for both English Learners and Speech therapy along with interpreters for when the parents come in. Computers have made report cards easier though. Our elementary district sends everything in English and whatever the foreign language is. We also have a huge population of the second immigration flow of Polish also with the problem of outstaying their tourist visas.
\
Some have been here for generations already and many of the kids are don't know their generations before native language. My girlfriend from Cuba that escaped when she was 3 years old didn't teach her 3 kids Cuban because she hated Castro. She does regret it.
And some people who are are of Spanish, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, etc. descent are good ol plain Americans like the rest of you. It's funny when I bring up speaking Spanish and illegals are mentioned.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Question: Your kids work full time, and do not have to pay rent.

What in the world is stopping them from saving up and getting a car?
Son #2 works full time - for this year only - before returning to school in September.
Who says he doesn't pay rent?

Son #1, after a two year collapse following my mother's death, has been back in school full time all year.

Adopted Son (aka - The Extra Kid in the basement) is getting a free ride for the first time in his life.
I wouldn't dream of charging him anything. He is saving a bit of money for a car, a bit of money to move out, all while doing things he's never had the funds to do.
This is a kid who vividly remembers his Grandpa picking him up from school and taking him out to lunch at McDonald's ... because it happened exactly ONCE in his whole life! (I used to pick up my kids for lunch once a week.)
This is a kid who has never had a vacation.
This is a kid who has received exactly two Christmas gifts from his mother in 19 years.
I am spoiling this kid rotten to make up for the shi**y hand life dealt him.

And what stops Son #2 from buying a car and driving himself?
A) $700/month insurance
B) Learner's permit only
C) No way to maintain that car once he goes back to school and isn't working full time.

This "work thing" turned out perfectly - a one year experiment to prove to him that working for The Man for $14/hr is great for a teenager; not so great for a married man with a family.

My main complaint this morning (after less than two hours' sleep), was that one kid works at 5:30; one kid works at 7:30; one kid starts school at 10:20.
Things are much easier when the two workers both start at 7:30.

Split work start times on Mondays stink! You know, 'cause Mondays in general stink!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom