New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

SRQtech

Some photos from OTW yesterday
GOPR6109.JPG
GOPR6113.JPG
IMG_6723.JPG

and from Everest
IMG_6720.JPG

roj2323

Looks like they're building a WOC style viewing area.
I don't know what that meas as I've never been to Disneyland but if you are talking about step seating I think your on the right track. One things for sure, they're definitely worried about drainage which is why they have so much sewer pipe sticking out of the ground. It's probably to prevent drain off into the lake/ "river". What they will do is once all the underground work is done is set final grades with gravel and then frame the stairs to prep for concrete pouring. Because this is Disney and DAK especially they will pour one small section at a time so they have time to stamp and carve details into it. the only caviate to this is they may pour footings first if they haven't poured or pounded them in yet but I suspect they allready did this.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
So just to confirm- yall are predicting it will be seating (like fantasmic?). I was thinking it would be like illuminations where you just stand around the water, but this is looking like an actual show with seats. If that's the case, then I'm real excited.

I was thinking more like WOC where they have tiered sections but you still stand.

DManRightHere

I would imagine they just don't have the room for actual seating....

Are there any thoughts on what to expect? Water floats? Water fountains? Water screens? Laser effects? Projector effects? I would assume any pyrotechnics would not be in AK...

Sped2424

Are there any thoughts on what to expect? Water floats? Water fountains? Water screens? Laser effects? Projector effects? I would assume any pyrotechnics would not be in AK...
The initial concept art showed floats mixed in with projections and even lanterns. Whether that has been cut to ribbons is beyond my knowledge.

Jon81uk

Ya- like a dummy I didn't look. Just Image searched it and saw. That'll still be cool.

As a side note- man- world of color is hideous during the day- what an eyesore.

The fountains for WOC retract under the water level during the day so the lake does look reasonably flat again.

Sage of Time

I don't know what that meas as I've never been to Disneyland but if you are talking about step seating I think your on the right track. One things for sure, they're definitely worried about drainage which is why they have so much sewer pipe sticking out of the ground. It's probably to prevent drain off into the lake/ "river". What they will do is once all the underground work is done is set final grades with gravel and then frame the stairs to prep for concrete pouring. Because this is Disney and DAK especially they will pour one small section at a time so they have time to stamp and carve details into it. the only caviate to this is they may pour footings first if they haven't poured or pounded them in yet but I suspect they allready did this.

DCA has a tiered area where you stand around in a garden-like setting and wait for the show. This is probably that.

As a side note- man- world of color is hideous during the day- what an eyesore.
The rig usually retracts and makes Paradise Bay seem pretty normal. They've been working on it, lately, so the rig is up.

All of the above, I hope.

ToTBellHop

Like World of Color, capacity will be an issue here. And unlike World of Color, there isn't really an option for a secondary, lower-quality view elsewhere due to all of the trees. So, it will likely be FP+/dining package or now RoL for you.

I can't imagine this area having standing room for more than ~5000 people.

ToTBellHop

I'm really hoping the have some type of dessert party you can reserve for groups like they do for Fantasmic and Illuminations. I'm taking my dance kids spring 2016 and Id love to be able to add this
A dining package is certainly likely. I don't know that Flame Tree provides a good enough view for a dessert party like Wishes and IllumiNations have. Otherwise, FP+. And you'll have to sacrifice the option to get 4th FP+s that day unless they change the system. Perhaps they can just hand out tickets like World of Color. That would still require somehow staying entertained for 12 hours at DAK...

HRHPrincessAriel

A dining package is certainly likely. I don't know that Flame Tree provides a good enough view for a dessert party like Wishes and IllumiNations have. Otherwise, FP+. And you'll have to sacrifice the option to get 4th FP+s that day unless they change the system. Perhaps they can just hand out tickets like World of Color. That would still require somehow staying entertained for 12 hours at DAK...
And trying to get a FP+ for 45 kiddos...;-)
That's why I like the private parties. It keeps them all contained in one place

Last edited:

doctornick

Like World of Color, capacity will be an issue here. And unlike World of Color, there isn't really an option for a secondary, lower-quality view elsewhere due to all of the trees. So, it will likely be FP+/dining package or now RoL for you.

I can't imagine this area having standing room for more than ~5000 people.

Does WoC typically have 2 shows or 1? One easy way to increase capacity is to run 2 shows a night at DAK though it tough to do over the summer with longer daylight hours.

I do think that DAK would benefit from having a significant daytime show in addition to WoC. It's been said that a parade is not ideal given the layout of the park especially with new changes which impacted the previous parade route, but I've long suggested that using the RoL viewing area during the day for a parade or show on the water -- perhaps something like Mythica.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom