Trip Report It's Not 'Whoop-de-do", it's "Whoop-de WHOOO"! October 2013 Disneymoon

Well Disney fans and friends, it's time for the Trip Report! The laundry is almost caught up, grocery shopping is done, so I wanted to get started on this while the details are still fresh and before I have to go back to the real world (work) tomorrow :(

You can find the Pre-Trip Report HERE.

When: October 19th-26th
Where: Wilderness Lodge (though the rest of the family stayed at POP Century)
Who: Me (Amber)- Disney Nut Extraordinaire, I think this is the 10th trip I've taken to the World in 12 years, turned 35 during the trip, Newlywed to my love
DH (Dave)- Hadn't been to Disney since the early/mid 80s

This was our much anticipated Disneymoon, thankfully all paid for by wedding money! We decided that we'd wait until October for the trip (we got married August 31) for the weather, crowds, my birthday, and F&W at Epcot.

More Who: Joining us on this trip were
Mom (Bonnie)- been to Disney twice before in 2008 and 2011. Currently battling lung cancer, and so the family decided to make a vacation out of it. My sister secured her an ECV Rental for the week as she gets extremely tired, but other than that is doing well health-wise.
Dad (Bob)- been to Disney only once before in 2011. He enjoyed himself but probably wouldn't have returned if not for Mom's diagnosis.
Brother (Zac, age 10)- his 3rd trip to the World-he is my Disney buddy!!
Aunt (Sal)- Dad's sister, been to Disney as a teenager/20 something back in the 70s. Aunt Sal is such a great help with the Nephews!!

Sister 1 (Bobbie)- been to Disney once in HS and then again in 2004 when she and I took my grandmother. We have SUCH great memories of that trip, and I was looking forward to being with Bobbie again at Disney!
Brother-in-Law 1 (Ryan)- been to Disney as a child, so had some memories but all in all was like a big kid there. Loved watching him relive.
Nephew 1 (Bennett, age 5)- First Trip to Disney!!

Sister 2 (Chrissy)- been to Disney in 2008 and again in 2011. Chrissy and Bobbie have been taking on the work of taking care of Mom as she goes through her treatment. They do it gladly, but I was glad they were getting a vacation. I feel bad as I now live many states away and can't help, so I'm glad they could be part of our Disneymoon trip.
Brother-in-Law 2 (Duane)- been to Disney in 2008 and 2011. Duane is a party in a can-always willing to take a trip wherever. Always ready for fun!
Nephew 2 (Devin, age 3)- only other trip to Disney was when he was 6 months in 2011, so I was eager to see him actually grasp some of the things happening
Nephew 3 (Corbin, age 15 months)-First Trip to Disney!!

Cousin (Jamie)- She and I had a great trip to Disney in 2005 just the two of us, and then she went on our trip in 2008 as well.
Cousin-in-Law (Brad)- went to Disney with Jamie (and us) in 2008
Baby Cousin (Aubrey, age 1 year)- First Trip to Disney!

(The colors denote sort of 'traveling groups')

Whew!! We tended to divide our time, both Dave and I away from everyone, and also each individual family away from the others, and met back up at other times... I'll get into this later, but some of their Magic Bands weren't working the greatest, it was a bit more crowded toward the beginning of the week, and hotter too-so splitting up was often the best answer depending on what different people had planned or wanted to do. DH and I had different dining plans than did the rest of the group too. Not to mention that the Cousins were only there from Friday until Wednesday; and Parents and Sister 1 and Family had to leave Friday. It was all crazy at times for sure, but oh so fun. DH and I did spend quite a bit of time with Mom's group-I don't get to see her much! And Zac likes to hang around with me.

On with the show!! Day 0 coming up!!

Last edited:

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
OH!! Forgot to mention that on Wednesday, October 23rd, while at Epcot heading to meet my family, we passed you, @Lynn1030!! I knew it was you because I saw Trent, and recognized you, and you had the sign on the back of your stroller. You were headed the opposite direction as us. DH said I should have stopped and said "hi" but I didn't want my family to wait too long on us.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Our first night, all dressed up for Narcoossee's

Sister 2s Family on the first night

Sister 2 and Cousin Jamie's families went to Circusland that night together.

I love how Corbin is checking out Minnie's eye...

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
More of my Mama-Dancing-with-Pluto sequence

Here are the ones from my 2 sisters getting to meet Flynn

And Pirate League

acrab3t

The night that Zac, DH and I headed back to DHS in the evening for Fantasmic, I wore a newer pair of shoes into the park, because I figured it would only be for a little bit...yeah stupid idea! Anyway, of course I developed blisters (which isn't new for me, every new pair of shoes, even at home causes them). Well after getting back to our resort and getting into bed this night, they hurt so badly I had tears in my eyes. My feet were starting to get red all around the wounds which had me kind of worried, too. They were hot to the touch. I figured this had to do with not only having very bad blisters (I am talking about 2 inches long on one foot, and a 1 inch long one on the other), but then because my feet dangled while I rode on the boat back to the resort. When my feet can't reach the floor, they tend to swell up. Does that make sense? Anyway, I finally had to ask DH if he would go get some ice out of the hallway machine so that I could elevate my feet on a pillow and ice them, they were so swollen. This worked wonders, and I finally fell asleep. In the morning, other than needing some antibiotic ointment and bandaids (which I had to buy another box of at the gift shop at the resort one of the days), my feet never bothered me like that for the rest of the week. But I feel very dumb for breaking Disney expert Rule #1, doh.

So thus ended our Disney Day! Next up, Animal Kingdom day and MNSSHP!
My DH swears by this trick after a long day in the parks. Fill the trashcan from the room with ice and water then plunge your feet in for a minute. It chills you to the bone but works wonders for the swelling. Feet feel relaxed and ready for another day.

I am loving your TR! You are so blessed your family could share your HM! Best wishes for your mom. My mom is a cancer survivor. Sounds like your mom has a loving family supporting her. Love is the best medicine.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Absolutely loved your trip report!!!! :D

Thank you for reading!! Glad you enjoyed :)
My DH swears by this trick after a long day in the parks. Fill the trashcan from the room with ice and water then plunge your feet in for a minute. It chills you to the bone but works wonders for the swelling. Feet feel relaxed and ready for another day.

I am loving your TR! You are so blessed your family could share your HM! Best wishes for your mom. My mom is a cancer survivor. Sounds like your mom has a loving family supporting her. Love is the best medicine.

Ah, this is a good idea! I mean, I think what made it hurt so much was the blister, but yes in general, at Disney, I don't feel the tiredness and sore feet until I'm back at the resort, so this would do wonders for me, I'm thinking!

Thank you very much :) I think so, I mean not everyone would want their family with them on their honeymoon, but it worked out well! Congratulations to your mom, that's great!! We sure do love Mom, and if love heals, then she'll be fine! She's going through a rough patch now, but we are still hopeful. Thank you for reading!

Disneyfalcon

Finally caught up!! Yay!
I forgot to say I hate that you had to wait so long, but I loved the Toy Stor
I'm sorry about the Halloween party! I've been there before where you want everything to be perfect, and it's awful when it's not! I'm so glad you made the best of the evening though!
Loved the red shirt costume!
The show a little leg story cracked me up!
Your feet story was awful!! Those blisters?! I don't know how you got up and walked the next day!
Wow, what great pirate makeup! You were right!
Yay for a birthday dinner at Whisperjn
I'm so glad they let you get a to go meal the last day! What a grat idea!
Loved the Photopass pics! Especially the monsters one! Hilarious!
Loved this report, Amber! Thank you for sharing it! :)

Bama14

I had to come and read your Disneymoon report after you had mentioned your trip on my pre-trip report. (That was a weird sentence :) ) I loved it so much!!! It got me even more pumped up for my own Disneymoon!!! :) You guys looked like you had so much fun, and now I want to stay at WL!!!! It is beautiful! I may have to go visit and explore some! :)

mrdrift

Just caught up on the report and I have to this was a wonderful Disneymoon for the two of you. Its so cool that family was there to share the experience with both of you. The pictures of WL were very stunning and now my family has requested from me if we can stay there on our next trip. Thanks for sharing.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Glad you guys enjoyed!! I highly do recommend Wilderness Lodge, it is lovely! Not one complaint about it! We want to try to stay at other resorts just to switch it up, but I have a suspicion that WL will now always be my "home".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom