Will be at CBR by noon tomorrow

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Have an awesome time!
OP is already back from his vacation. See below:
Back today and still unpacking. I will be doing a whole trip report but just as a quick note it's a very pretty resort. The rooms are clean, the staff are great but quite honestly it's a hotel. I asked my wife today what she thought as we drove away what she thought and she said exactly that.. a hotel.

Fizban

Original Poster
I am gathering up all the pictures and working on the report but in answer to what we meant by "it's a hotel" is, to us, the feeling was nothing like the feeling you get at POR or POFQ. The theming is rather benign. It could be that because we are Florida residents that we are not as impacted by the colors and the landscape. As a comparison when you step out of the mansion rooms in POR and walk down the steps to the grounds you can almost believe that you are in the old gentile south. In CBR there wasn't that feeling. Again this isn't a derogative comment on our part, just our opinion.

surfsupdon

I am gathering up all the pictures and working on the report but in answer to what we meant by "it's a hotel" is, to us, the feeling was nothing like the feeling you get at POR or POFQ. The theming is rather benign. It could be that because we are Florida residents that we are not as impacted by the colors and the landscape. As a comparison when you step out of the mansion rooms in POR and walk down the steps to the grounds you can almost believe that you are in the old gentile south. In CBR there wasn't that feeling. Again this isn't a derogative comment on our part, just our opinion.

Exactly how I felt after staying at Dixie Landings as a kid in '94. CBR just felt so much like Florida. Bright colors, beaches, and palm trees all over. My sis and I hated Dixie Landings...with it's pale colors, lack of beaches, and tons of trees that weren't "palm trees." We were so let down.

Funny how our stories coincide, but each of us gets a different feeling based on our home surroundings. Looking forward to your report, still.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom