So how many plates do you go through at the character buffet breakfasts?

mergatroid

Original Poster
It will soon be time for Mrs Merg and I to book our character breakfast at the Crystal Palace for our trip in October. It will be the third year in a row we'll have done this and it got me thinking how long people tend to stay and how many plates the average guests gets through?

I've got to say I couldn't help but laugh the first time we went at the size of the plates you get there, they've got to be the smallest plates ever :). We tend to have a leisurely hour there from 8:05am enjoying the characters and I probably get through about 4 platefulls. Last year Mrs Merg sent me up for her third plate with instructions on what to get her as she was concerned people would think her greedy if they knew she was having a third helping. I foiled her plan by telling our waiter what she'd done when the bill came, not the smartest thing for me to to do really as it transpired upon leaving the establishment :eek:

Anyhow what's your average fill up 4,5,6 or more plates?

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

I usually do about three because I have a weird hang up about my food no touching the other food. But, this is a buffet and lets face it Disney World is not a place for lite eaters and dieting. I would not feel bad at all about getting as much food as I want, and I really don't think anyone would even notice.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I usually do about three because I have a weird hang up about my food no touching the other food. But, this is a buffet and lets face it Disney World is not a place for lite eaters and dieting. I would not feel bad at all about getting as much food as I want, and I really don't think anyone would even notice.

Let's hope you've not witnessed too many breast feeders in there ;)

Lucky

Just one for me...

image.jpg

bee

I don't do character buffets BUT I enjoy The Wave and Boma. At The Wave I usually get two plates, maybe three if I'm extra hungry. At Boma I think I got 3 or 4 last time because I was determined to try EVERYTHING (that was vegetarian). I always go for the latest breakfast time too so I treat it like brunch and then don't need to eat again until dinnertime.

iYazmo

I roll into Boma with the attitude of Ron Swanson.

This is exactly how I treat Boma. Honestly, some of the buffets are so busy that many people don't even notice how many times someone has gone up to the buffet. I certainly don't. Chef Mickey's is a good example.

I have better things to focus on while I'm on vacation than silently judging others at a buffet.

zurgandfriend

I'm a 2 plate person for breakfast, the second plate will usually have fruit and maybe something I really enjoyed on the first plate. Dinner buffets usually get a third dessert plate.

Disney4family

3 for me for Chef Mickey's - 1 for the salty stuff (eggs, rolls, bacon, sausage) and 1 for the sweet stuff (Mickey waffles and syrup) and 1 for the fruit
4 for Crystal Palace - same as above, but add 1 just for Pooh's stuffed french toast :hungry:

Tom 55

I have done a lot of the buffets at Disney World. I use 3, first to try different things, then seconds to have more of the things I liked and them the 3rd for dessert. I really try to clean all my plates. Something from when I grew up but then I say I am paying enough so don't eat something I did not like. For the character meals I usually stay till I have seen all the character once before I leave. Time wise 45 to 60 minutes.

Tink28

1 for fruit to start, 1 for bacon, eggs and breakfast potatoes etc, then 1 for pancakes, haven't eaten a buffet dinner at WDW yet, will be doing so in Nov but will guess at 3 plates, salad to start, entrée then dessert

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
2-3, depending upon if it's breakfast or dinner. I like a salad at dinner, so that's always a plate of it's own. And dessert goes on a clean plate.

Now if it's all the shrimp you can gorge on on a Disney cruise, then there's PLATES of piled high shrimp. And my daughter has the pictures for proof.

KLinder7

Usually 2-3 at Tusker or Crystal with a snack for the road. All depends. I honestly try to get out of there asap! Depending on where the characters are in their route, but ideally I like to get in and out so I can get to another attraction before the lines get crazy or take pictures with a pretty empty park. No way do I get my moneys worth in food, but that is not the reason I go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom