Stroller help

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
We have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. We are thinking about doing a very generic umbrella stroller and then bringing one good stroller. However, I'm not sure if this is a good idea. I know that the generic umbrella stroller may not work for the 5 year old and so my 2 year will be the one using it. If he gets uncomfortable I'm going to end up carrying him anyway. So what's a good cheap stroller comfortable for the kids to sleep in but won't break the bank?

LAM378

I don't know if you can buy something that will comfortably fit a 5-year-old for cheap. I did the research last year and everything was $300 and up (without accessories like a parent console). Plus you want something that rides smoothly and is comfortable for you to push with a 5 y/o's weight in it. Is renting not an option? The rental companies have top of the line strollers, the kind that would cost you a whole lot to buy outright.

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
I don't know if you can buy something that will comfortably fit a 5-year-old for cheap. I did the research last year and everything was $300 and up (without accessories like a parent console). Plus you want something that rides smoothly and is comfortable for you to push with a 5 y/o's weight in it. Is renting not an option? The rental companies have top of the line strollers, the kind that would cost you a whole lot to buy outright.
My husband and I are not wanting to spend very much mainly because We already have one decent stroller. I'm going to double check later to see if this one still fits the 5 year old. Maybe we can do something for the 2 year old

4disneylovers

Sit and stands are awesome for these ages. Too bad, I have one to get rid of. I found mine at big lots on a fluke and it was perfect. Kids are 13 & 15 so I won't be needing it again.

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
The one we have will fit the 5 year old perfectly. But we are going to need something for the 2 year old. 4disneylovers I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands if you are close by. We are in charlotte NC.

4disneylovers

Ohio. Sorry. Pretty soon it will be a lawn decoration With a price tag. My husband tried the umbrella stroller route and figured out before we got down main streeT that I was right. We ended up renting that year. I think we talked before Yang and we Are going to Be there around the same time. Try to pick up a sit and stand at a garage sale this summer. You might get lucky.

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
Ohio. Sorry. Pretty soon it will be a lawn decoration With a price tag. My husband tried the umbrella stroller route and figured out before we got down main streeT that I was right. We ended up renting that year. I think we talked before Yang and we Are going to Be there around the same time. Try to pick up a sit and stand at a garage sale this summer. You might get lucky.
I was thinking the umbrella stroller and mention it to my husband. After rethinking it I don't think it's going to go well with us. We are going to try and hit the consignment shops here and hope to get something. We really only need it for our time there. We don't ever use strollers here. I completely forgot about our pervious conversations...haha..Thanks for your advice. I will keep looking. =D

gooftroop5

We have 3 kids and have always done the sit and stand, but I made the investment a few years ago and it has made 5 trips to WDW so well worth the money. However, I know if you already have one good stroller you probably don't want to invest in a new one. They do have these add-on standing boards that you can add on to strollers. I *think* they are under $50. That would give the 5 year old a place to at least stand and ride. I know our kids at 5 have gotten pretty tired walking around all day.

Good luck!

S. Paridon

We have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. We are thinking about doing a very generic umbrella stroller and then bringing one good stroller. However, I'm not sure if this is a good idea. I know that the generic umbrella stroller may not work for the 5 year old and so my 2 year will be the one using it. If he gets uncomfortable I'm going to end up carrying him anyway. So what's a good cheap stroller comfortable for the kids to sleep in but won't break the bank?
Rent a stroller. Kingdom Stroller rentals or one of the many other stroller rental companies do very well. Its easy as can be. You reserve the stroller, tell them what day you need it delivered, they deliver it to your resort, you pick it up, use it for the week and drop it off at the resort desk on the way out. We've done this twice now, and are doing it again next week.

EOD K9

I used a double city mini for my ten month old twins. I used it in the World, on the cruise, and back in WDW again. It was 75 dollars for 7 days and well worth it!!

NelleBelle

We had a peg peg perego double and it was great! It folded up nice and compact for riding the buses around WDW. We used it when our 2 sons were 4 and 18mo (as well as a few times when they were younger). I'd never rent a disney stroller as they look SO uncomfortable. I'd probably try renting from a stroller company if I didn't want to buy a 2nd stroller.

AnCsMommy

Maybe see if you can find a good deal on a sit and stand on Craigslist? We have a Britax B Ready with the double seat that we used the last two years we went and could not have lived without it. The five year old definitely won't be comfortable in the umbrella, and strollers for bigger kids are expensive.

If you do go the rental route, do not rent in the park! You have to check them in before you leave and when you've got two tired kids and have to make the epic journey to the parking lot or bus having them walk is a no go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom