Euro disney if anyone can help????

emma c

Original Poster
I know this sit about wdw and it's disney in a different country but I can't find a forum for euro as yet! To be fair I had quick look and just though I ask here!

My friend has just book euro for next year and we have a few questions -
1. Can you do pin trading in euro or is it just America parks?
2. Anyone know about the food for rough budget? I know it's really expensive over there from over friends that have been.
3. How do the meet and greet works? Again I have a friends up school who have been and from what they say it works different to euro?

Anyone got any ideas at all?

Thanks a lot

PrincessNelly_NJ

I know this sit about wdw and it's disney in a different country but I can't find a forum for euro as yet! To be fair I had quick look and just though I ask here!

My friend has just book euro for next year and we have a few questions -
1. Can you do pin trading in euro or is it just America parks?
2. Anyone know about the food for rough budget? I know it's really expensive over there from over friends that have been.
3. How do the meet and greet works? Again I have a friends up school who have been and from what they say it works different to euro?

Anyone got any ideas at all?

Thanks a lot

There is a forum section for Disneyland Paris.
Under the forums tab then "Disney Parks around the world."

Hope that helps!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
You should look under "DISNEY PARKS AROUND THE WORLD" and then in the posts under "Disneyland Paris" for some more information, but here are some of the answers to your questions:
1. Pins are certainly sold and I have seen cast members wearing them, however I can't say with certainty about the trading.
2. Quick service food is more expensive than the US parks, but many table service restaurants (particularly those in Disney Village) are more or less comparable in price to the US (service is usually included in France, so you are not adding a 18-20% on each bill). Don't expect the same variety or the quality of food as you can get at WDW, though. I usually find the food a letdown and can't wait to get home to a decent meal. Also, depending on time of year that you visit, many quick service restaurants may be closed.
3. There are some meet and greets that work like at WDW but there are also a fair number that are "informal" - no line to speak of, just people standing around the character waiting their turn for autographs and photos. I was there recently with my 9 yo, and we turned a corner and between a hedge and a building Chip N' Dale and Pluto were hanging out taking pictures with people. I have taught my child to be patient and to wait her turn, which can be frustrating in the more informal meet and greets, as often parents will come up and push their child ahead of others who have been waiting their turn. This time was no different; just as it should have been my daughter's turn, someone came up and pushed their child towards Chip n' Dale, who were FANTASTIC - one of them literally (gently) pushed the child back toward the parent and came up to pull my child up next to them. They then proceeded to goof off with her for a couple of minutes and I was lucky enough to quickly think to film it, rather than take pictures, as the interaction was priceless. In my opinion, they spent more time with her than they normally would, simply to make a point to the parents ignoring the order of people waiting.

emma c

Original Poster
Go chip and dale! I hope u gave the parent evil eye! Thanks a lot I believe she is going august bank holiday time she kind of just went and booked without really looking into it so has no idea what deal or anything she got other than buy 2 days get 2 days free but kids will love it! Her little boy is obsessed with the princesses mainly rapunzel because she is beautiful!

Disney4family

I wish I could help out but I haven't been there since my honeymoon in 1997! We went the last day of our three week trip to France.
My husband (Mr. "I didn't go to France just to go to DisneyWorld" - which changed to "This place is awesome!") remembers the enjoyment of having a dog at Casey's while "in France"; the disappointment that the "American" steaks were sold out at the table-service restaurant in Frontierland (forcing us to eat the gamey European meat); the kettle-corn type of sugary popcorn; the amazing Space Mtn that is very much like RocknRoller Coaster; the great Indy roller coaster (which is now backwards I believe); and the always fun, original Main St Electric Parade.
Have a magical time! C'est manifique!

HolleBolleGijs

1. Can you do the pin trading in euro or is it just the America parks?
There is definitely pin trading! Plenty of cast members have pins, and there is also a pin trading shop in Frontierland that has a pin board where you can trade. It's not as popular as in the US; I traded with CMs all the time, but I don't think they expected it. It's definitely an option. Plus the CMs should all speak English, so that shouldn't be an issue!

Don't eat at the table service restaurants. They are REALLY pricey. The quick-service restaurants will run you 10-15 euros for a full meal, including a drink. I recommend Hakuna Matata (Adventureland) or Toad Hall (Fantasyland), just from personal preference. If you really want to keep it cheap, there is a McDonald's in Disney Village. It's about a five-minute walk from the entrance to the park, so it won't take up too much of your time. I did that often (college student on a tight budget), and I would pay about 6 euros for a full meal.

These are tricky. There are some organized meet and greets where you wait in a line and take your turn. Usually, the ones indicated in the program work this way. There are organized M&G's in town square (right before main street) and central plaza (right after main street). There is also the Princess Pavilion in fantasyland, where Anna and Elsa currently greet guests (sometimes, they hand out tickets for this during Extra Magic Hours, and they are usually gone by the time the park officially opens. Sometimes, there is a normal line, and that can get to 3 hours).

HOWEVER - there are also "spontaneous" meet and greets, where you basically wait in a crowd, and the characters pick who will be next ("C'est Goofy qui choisit," the cast member told me). Any time you're walking around the park and you see a random character, that is usually what happens. Basically, anything that isn't in the program is a free-for-all. If the park is really crowded, there will be more of these, and if you're smart you can slyly move up to the front of the crowd.
During Halloween, they had a bunch of villains do a meet and greet around the sword in the stone, every day. It was the craziest thing I had ever seen. You basically stood there hoping the character would pick you to be next. (and if you were alone, like I was, you had to find someone else to take your picture).

Sorry if that was really confusing! Let me know if I need to clarify anything!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom