Universal Studios Hollywood Announces an "Epic Transformation"

cheezbat

You Cali guys definitely got the better version of Springfield. Just looking at all the pictures it's quite obvious more attention was placed on USH than USF's version. Plus you guys got a hot dog and ice cream place? So not fair! I'm very jealous.

I just hope Uni comes back around and gives us USF people some added love down the road.

Californian Elitist

You Cali guys definitely got the better version of Springfield. Just looking at all the pictures it's quite obvious more attention was placed on USH than USF's version. Plus you guys got a hot dog and ice cream place? So not fair! I'm very jealous.

I just hope Uni comes back around and gives us USF people some added love down the road.

I still don't see a big difference between the two. I'd have to see Orlando's version in person, it looks like, because based on videos and pictures I've seen, the differences aren't that stark.

Tony Perkis

I still don't see a big difference between the two. I'd have to see Orlando's version in person, it looks like, because based on videos and pictures I've seen, the differences aren't that stark.
To me, and this is probably the benefit of a more confined space, Springfield West seems like the facade created above the restaurants and shops projects a greater overview of the animated town.

Mike S

You know, after watching that video I can't really be mad. USH is much smaller than UOR (obviously). It's nice that more effort went into your versions of Springfield and Despicable Me. I guess I'll just have to settle for Diagon Alley, King Kong, whatever happens with KidZone, Marvel, and JP based on rumors, a new water park, and a whole new third theme park ;)

orlando678-

I actually really hoped on a radiator springs racers type ride for a fast and thenfurious attraction but niwnyou will get the scene in the backlot tour right? It sounds fine but it could have been way better.

danpam1024

You know, after watching that video I can't really be mad. USH is much smaller than UOR (obviously). It's nice that more effort went into your versions of Springfield and Despicable Me. I guess I'll just have to settle for Diagon Alley, King Kong, whatever happens with KidZone, Marvel, and JP based on rumors, a new water park, and a whole new third theme park ;)
I was thinking the SAME thing- plus, we have fantastic hotels steps from the gates, and a revved up CW!

mahnamahna101

Based on what insiders at OU mention, JP is getting a really nice M&G. No mention of any rides :(

Californian Elitist

I actually really hoped on a radiator springs racers type ride for a fast and thenfurious attraction but niwnyou will get the scene in the backlot tour right? It sounds fine but it could have been way better.

There is absolutely no space for an RSR-type attraction at USH. It will be like Kong, where you enter a show building on a track, with gigantic screens on the sides. I don't know if you've ever experienced, but it does a good job of making the guests feel like they're actually moving on the tram and falling through the trees. Fast and the Furious will be like that, only with props included. I have faith in it. We'll see when June comes.

orlando678-

I know that there isn't space but I just meant as a Fast and the Furious attraction in general. i personally have never visited Universal Studios Hollywood, but I would love to. I'm just waiting for a moment when there is a lot of new stuff so that I can experience those things. Most of the rides in Hollywood are the same rides as the Orlando ones, which I have visited and I will keep it at Orlando until Hollywood gets new attractions. Singapore and Japan are way more interesting for me now.

Californian Elitist

I know that there isn't space but I just meant as a Fast and the Furious attraction in general. i personally have never visited Universal Studios Hollywood, but I would love to. I'm just waiting for a moment when there is a lot of new stuff so that I can experience those things. Most of the rides in Hollywood are the same rides as the Orlando ones, which I have visited and I will keep it at Orlando until Hollywood gets new attractions. Singapore and Japan are way more interesting for me now.

Understandable, but Hollywood is the original studio park and the only Universal park with an actual working studio that helps create the movies and television shows people watch every day in which guests can tour. Everything new we're getting is in Orlando (except the new tour/F&F), so you'll be waiting for a long time. I said this in another thread, if you couple USH with nearby attractions, such as Hollywood and Highland, where the real Chinese Theatre is, as well as a few other landmarks like the Dolby Theatre (home of the Oscars), the Grove, the famous Farmers Market, and even the Warner Bros. Studios (only a five minute drive away from USH), and you've got yourself a typical but nice Los Angeles vacation.

orlando678-

I know, the thing that disappoints me a bit though is that the first Universal park doesn't have rides as Jaws, Backdraft and Back and the Future. I know they're old but they're doing fine in Japan. I know I have to wait for a long time but I guess I am able to wait long enough. It just doesn't feel right to go there without many new experiences.

Californian Elitist

I know, the thing that disappoints me a bit though is that the first Universal park doesn't have rides as Jaws, Backdraft and Back and the Future. I know they're old but they're doing fine in Japan. I know I have to wait for a long time but I guess I am able to wait long enough. It just doesn't feel right to go there without many new experiences.

I'm guessing Disneyland isn't on your radar either, right? Alice, Matterhorn, Lincoln, and the Columbia seem to be the only attractions that have never been replicated for any of the other Disney parks around the globe. That's just four attractions.

Mike S

I'm guessing Disneyland isn't on your radar either, right? Alice, Matterhorn, Lincoln, and the Columbia seem to be the only attractions that have never been replicated for any of the other Disney parks around the globe. That's just four attractions.
The big thing with that would be the rides DL has that WDW doesn't or used to have but not anymore. The other worldwide parks wouldn't matter much since there's a much lower chance of a WDW fan going to those rather than flying to the west coast for DL. Plus DLR also has DCA and USH is just one park.

sponono88

Original Poster

orlando678-

I would love to go to Disneyland Anaheim which i would probably do if i go. Thats the point. I wouldnt visit universal hollywood now because besides the backlot tour, there is nothing unique. I would now only visit the Disney parks with Matterhorn, Alice, California Screamin, Radiator Springs Racers, Nemos subs, Grizzly River Run, Goofys plane ride and so much more.

orlando678-

I'm very curious what theme a third theme park could have. Also Universal Studios has never really had non IP rides right? Are they ever going to do so? I mean Disney does it very often. Universal studios Orlando has the Universal park which is the classic theme park theme and the Islands of Adventure based on different types of literature, but what could be another theme?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom