Tell me about Cape May Cafe breakfast...

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
Just looking at options for my too far in the future trip. I want to do a breakfast character dining, not in the park. I would prefer something I haven't done; that leaves me with Cape May Café and Garden Grove. Any opinions?

NYwdwfan

Just looking at options for my too far in the future trip. I want to do a breakfast character dining, not in the park. I would prefer something I haven't done; that leaves me with Cape May Café and Garden Grove. Any opinions?

It's nice. Standard breakfast buffet food and the characters are in swim themed costumes. I've never been to Garden Grove but we really enjoyed Cape May.

Last edited:

Mukta

The food was good

Picture552.jpg

Picture557.jpg

The characters were great. We saw Goofy, Minnie and Donald

Picture549.jpg

BethG

We thought the characters there were great. The kids were drawing on the paper tablecloth (with the Cape May supplied crayons). The were drawing pictures of their dogs. Donald came up and added to the drawing. He put "To" (infront of dog pics) and "From Donald Duck #1". Then he drew a "#2" with an arrow at the dogs. So, Donald is #1 and the dogs are #2. The kids thought it was so funny and they have brought it up a couple of times since we've been home.
CapeMayDD.jpg

WDW_Jon

Garden grove is great for dinner...
Easy to get in, good food, great setting and you get Goofy and Pluto every night and Chip n' Dale on selected nights (twice a week maybe?)

You can't go there though as its in a non disney owned hotel and therefore not genuine according to some on here :rolleyes:

I wholeheartedly recommend though! :)

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

We love Cape May! One of the best character interactions! Goofy sat wih us asking questions by drawing pics and words in crayon on paper! And Minnie danced with my hubby one year! The food is consistently good and a standard breakfast fare and the setting is nice.

Rodb

Love cape may also: last May we had the kids pictures taken with all three characters and the food was delicious.

kcamozzi67

We have always enjoyed the character breakfast at Cape May - the character interaction is good and the food selection is decent. Been to Cape May for their dinner too and liked that as well!

HollyAD

This is probably my favorite character breakfast experience. It's smaller than other restaurants and has a classic feel. I feel like the characters here spend more time at the table. I also thought the food was great. Much better than our crystal palace food!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
We too liked Cape May - we loved seeing the characters in beach wear instead of "regular" clothes as that added some variety to our pictures that trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom