WDWMAGIC Takes the Cake - The Official Cake Talk

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
oh, okay. I wouldn't have guessed it.

I was wondering, what red velvet tastes? I don't know that here, And I've seen a lot of cake with it.

Red velvet is essentially a chocolate cake dyed red. Obviously, it's not as much chocolate as a standard chocolate cake since it doesn't have that dark brown color of a cake where they've used a lot of cocoa, but it's essentially a lighter cocoa cake with red dye. Some people will naturally dye theirs with beet juice. I don't have pictures of the cut cake, but our first Disney cake was red velvet.

Bjboobear

image.jpg

image.jpg
As promised, these are the birthday cakes made by Brian Kruger at the contempory, served at the Crystal palace. Exceeded my expectations!

Bjboobear

The mini cake wasn't too elaborate just colorful. It was chocolate cake with Bavarian cream filling and buttercream icing,$30.00. The Nemo cake was yellow cake, Bavarian cream and fresh strawberries filling, buttercream icing and decorations were made in white chocolate, $120.00. It was a 4" top and a 6" bottom. We had so much cake left over, it ended up feeding 14 people with slices left! The best in my opinion was the fact that the bright colors did not have that dyed taste to them at all like some I've tasted elsewhere.

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Is that mean they still accept to do elaborate mini-cake?
btw, I love the nemo cake! which size is it?

It's always worth asking. He is obviously willing to do more whimsical piping, but I I don't know how far he'll stray from that.

The mini cake wasn't too elaborate just colorful. It was chocolate cake with Bavarian cream filling and buttercream icing,$30.00. The Nemo cake was yellow cake, Bavarian cream and fresh strawberries filling, buttercream icing and decorations were made in white chocolate, $120.00. It was a 4" top and a 6" bottom. We had so much cake left over, it ended up feeding 14 people with slices left! The best in my opinion was the fact that the bright colors did not have that dyed taste to them at all like some I've tasted elsewhere.

Both cakes are great!!! And that's an awesome price for a 2-tier cake!

VOLSMickeyFan

So, I heard back and the chefs at Le Cellier are going to make a large chocolate "moose" for us. No word on the price, but they supposedly added the notification to our reservation number and noted that it was a surprise. It's going to be a bit of a surprise for all of us since I didn't have any conversation directly with Le Cellier and I've got no idea with they mean by "large". It's for March 3 so I'll try and remember to take a picture and post along with the price when I get home.

So I am curious if you got a picture of your "Large Moose"?? And how was it?

kirari

@HouCuseChickie I think I will first ask for a mini cake, and send a drawing to him and wait for his answer. I don't think what I have in mind is too elaborate, so maybe he could accept. As you say, It worths asking.
I was wondering, are mini cakes always buttercream icing or can I request fondant too ?

Last edited:

VOLSMickeyFan

I sent this message to this email address: WDW.MagicKingdomCakes@disney.com

Hello!
My family of 3 will be visiting Walt Disney World the last week of May and we will be dining at Be Our Guest for lunch on Wednesday, May 27. I would like to get more information and ideas in regards to ordering a mini wedding cake or a 6" cake. My daughter is 5 years old and will have been transformed into a princess at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique early the same morning. I'm curious what kind of options are offered for cakes to be delivered to BOG. I appreciate your time and help with planning for this special cake.
A. Lee

Today, I received this reply:

Good Morning,
Cakes are only available to add on to existing reservations at table service restaurants and Be Our Guest is quick service restaurant at lunch, so cakes are not available at lunch. Do you have dining reservations at another table service restaurant that you would be interested in adding on a cake to?
Kindest Regards,
Kathy Conte
Special Occasion Location Coordinator
MAGIC KINGDOM® Park

I think I'm confused! I thought you could get a cake delivered to BOG. I do have a reservation for BOG at 2:15 that day. What have a I done wrong? Thanks for the help!!

VOLSMickeyFan

I received some information from CRT in regards to their special offerings. I think that will be our best option - we're having breakfast there the same morning. However, I don't want to be stuck with a ton of cake to carry around the park all day. I know I can rent a locker, but don't really want to do that, either. (I'm being a bit whiny, now). Anyway, what would it be like to have a cake delivered to the AoA resort one evening? Do they bring to the room or we retrieve from front desk?

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
I received some information from CRT in regards to their special offerings. I think that will be our best option - we're having breakfast there the same morning. However, I don't want to be stuck with a ton of cake to carry around the park all day. I know I can rent a locker, but don't really want to do that, either. (I'm being a bit whiny, now). Anyway, what would it be like to have a cake delivered to the AoA resort one evening? Do they bring to the room or we retrieve from front desk?

@kirari was on the mark with BOG lunch.

As for CRT...I can understand not wanting to lug a cake around and storing one in a locker would not be wise. Every now and then you hear a story of a restaurant holding a cake for a patron over the course of a day, but they're not supposed to so I wouldn't bank on that.

As for AoA...if you have your cake delivered to the resort, they should deliver it to your room. There is a delivery fee, but it's certainly better than wasting cake and obviously more convenient.

This is the ordering info from AoA...
Art of Animation Resort* — 407-938-3686
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream available at food court
  • All other options same as Yacht & Beach Club; place order through Art of Animation at 407-938-3686 for delivery to food court or your room
As you can see...AoA has their cakes done by the YC/BC bakery. These are their cake options...

Yacht & Beach Club
  • 6-inch $23 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream
  • 8-inch $40 vanilla or chocolate cake with white chocolate or dark chocolate filling and frosting
  • 10-inch $54 chocolate, vanilla, or marble cake; filling is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse or fruit mousse; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream, chocolate ganache or whipped cream
  • Mickey Mouse Cake $54 (serves 10–12): Vanilla or chocolate Mickey head-shaped cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in chocolate ganache; only customization is writing on plate
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream, though fondant can be requested, and not all standard cake flavors may be available; prices start around $35
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes start at $75; additional flavors may be available

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
OK my cake loving friends...things have been slow in the Disney cake world. I do have a few things to show you...

First up is a Moroccan themed wedding cake...
68caa6c9b78c5118240df52b8f9cc69a.jpg

dc3409e80403fdd1e5bab9405fd47b23.jpg

13ff13ba298accb2a5df1779aee26cc2.jpg

2nd up...this is a gorgeous Cinderella wedding cake...

da450d0933ada540391f3b454775223d.jpg

52cd087302bf30a2a821282a5e44f9f8.jpg

0afd739362f04d82c428e4e289f59c9c.jpg

cdfbc425fcf3a6183b2787d10c200736.jpg

The next couple of pics aren't new cakes...in fact...I may have posted at least one of them on here. Still, they are Donald themed ... and if you didn't know this already ... DONALD DUCK #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

0CE356B0-3C99-4C1A-8738-77DA1E6D48DB_1.jpg

32397D50-4AEC-4CC4-A372-FE448604BCE6.jpg

3C123108-C9C9-4B76-AC32-6A1349AD1EA9.jpg

Oh, how I LOVE :inlove: me some Donald!

Well, that's it for cakes today, but I may (MAY) have a WDW cake in the works. Nothing for certain to post at this point, so you'll have to pop over to my PTR if you're interested in more potential info ;)

kirari

Following my last post, I sent an email to chef brian, just to ask if he could make a mini cake not too elaborate for me, with an attached drawing of what I had in mind.
Just received he answer and he said yes :D, I'm so happy. Yes I know, that's too early to place my order, but I wanted to ask.
Btw, I was thinking of a 2 tiers with the first tier representing Facilier's hat, and on the second tier, to put a drawing of Gaston. He told me I have to choose between Facilier and gaston (just like you said @HouCuseChickie, but I was thinking that as only the hat was there, I could put a picture of Gaston). Nevermind. I love the idea of the Facilier's hat, so I'll go for it.

I'm thinking of puting a big G on the cake instead.

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Following my last post, I sent an email to chef brian, just to ask if he could make a mini cake not too elaborate for me, with an attached drawing of what I had in mind.
Just received he answer and he said yes :D, I'm so happy. Yes I know, that's too early to place my order, but I wanted to ask.
Btw, I was thinking of a 2 tiers with the first tier representing Facilier's hat, and on the second tier, to put a drawing of Gaston. He told me I have to choose between Facilier and gaston (just like you said @HouCuseChickie, but I was thinking that as only the hat was there, I could put a picture of Gaston). Nevermind. I love the idea of the Facilier's hat, so I'll go for it.

I'm thinking of puting a big G on the cake instead.

Great news!!!!!!! Also just happy to see the Contemporary doing a bit more with their minis. I also really like the idea of Facilier's hat with the big G. Cannot wait to see it! I know you've got some time, but still...very exciting cake news! :)

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
Cake update :)

This first one is a Tangled themed wedding cake. While it's not my idea of making each tier a lantern, I do like that they've incorporated the lanterns in this design.

348570b58042eb53dc58e3013834630b.jpg

f4f63be86752975d94ab59ccb78b2b16.jpg

Next, a Haunted Mansion cake from the YC/BC bakery. No price on it.

image-jpg.86953

Next up is a cake that was ordered for a private Iluminations dessert party at Epcot. The cake was $195 and is just more evidence of the Epcot bakery really stepping up their game. It's a 10" red velvet and the Edna Mode is a plastic Hallmark toy.

Incredibles%20Cake%201.jpg

Incredibles%20Cake%204.jpg

Incredibles%20Cake%205.jpg

Incredibles%20Cake%206.jpg

And finally, an awesome wedding cake from the GF bakery...

Cinderella%20Cake.jpg

Cinderella%20Cake%20Root%20Photography.jpg

OK..that's it for now!!! :)

OhareATC

I was able to get ahold of Pat yesterday to order a cake. She was really pleasant to work with. After haggling a bit she said she could do the cake in Red Velvet! I ordered a 10in. red velvet cake w/ white chocolate mousse filling and fresh raspberries. For the frosting, I chose a white chocolate ganache. I basically gave her free reign over the design. My only instructions to her was that I wanted a bunch of sugar flowers on top since it is for a girl, and a 3d white chocolate goofy on top as well along with the message. Hopefully it turns out great! My only question I guess, is how does payment usually work? She gave me the price on the phone, which came up to $138 + tax and then took my card info. Today, when looking at my bank account, I didn't see any pending authorizations or charges. How does this work?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom