Pop Century Help!

CMouse

Original Poster
Hola guys!

We have a trip planned in a couple of weeks and this will be our first time staying at the Pop Century Resort. I need a little guidance regarding what building to choose and would really appreciate any tips/suggestions from your guys.

- Trying to choose a building with a short walk to the food Court and the bus stop
- We'll probably not spend a lot of time in the room so the view is not that important
- No need to be near a pool since there won't be any time to hit the pool
- Need a decently quiet room during the night

Thanks for all the help :)

lostpro9het

We've always stayed in the 70's. We like the proximity to Classic Hall and the buses. This assumes your room is on the 90's parking lot side which we were always fortunate to get. If you want quiet, get a room on the top floor so as to limit the amount of time you have to hear the folks above you use the bathroom...

Gaston's gal

Yes, the front building of the 50's and 70's buildings are both close to dining and bus stop. 50's is close to pool, but that may not be quiet if people are swimming late. I would go for the top floor too--less noise. Have fun!

JasonDeyoung

I was in a standard room top floor 80's section and it was a quick walk. Nothing bad at all I thought. The bus stop was just a couple minute walk and food court was about the same.

Zippity-do-DAD

Hi, my family and usually stay at Pop and have similar criteria as you guys. The above mentioned decades all have great positioning for what your looking for, but also pull up a map and look at the specific wings of those decades. There are some that really put you out there away from everything, which for quiet is nice, But gets old quick especially if your like us and milk every magical minute in the parks and have to walk that route after midnight, (with or without a sleeping daughter:) You can get quiet and short walk if you'll look at the actual wing numbers.

jayhawkmickey

70's top floor was our spot in 2013, we got right on the end closest to the food court. Quiet and super close to food and busses. Walking to the elevator was almost longer than just popping down the stairs to the main building. Granted at 2am after 18 hours in the parks those stairs are really tall!

JohnD

I've found the 60s convenient to everything.

But here's a map to help you out.

popmap3.jpg

Sparkle1566

I loved the 60's section..... we faced the pool, which we loved... but you can request the lake view, which would be much quieter. It's close to the main building for dining, refilling mugs, pool bar, and the transportation.

midnightsun

This is the same question I have, we are staying at Pop starting May 8th. I put in a request for the 80's or 90's but now I'm wondering if I should see if I can request a 70's room on the 90's parking lot side. That might be too specific to request. How often do you get your requests?

Sparkle1566

This is the same question I have, we are staying at Pop starting May 8th. I put in a request for the 80's or 90's but now I'm wondering if I should see if I can request a 70's room on the 90's parking lot side. That might be too specific to request. How often do you get your requests?

As long as you do online check in.... 99% of the time you will get your requests. Also, when you arrive, ask where your room is located...... they have changed where I was located when I did not like a particular area. They usually try to be as accommodating as possible..... it doesn't hurt to ask.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I stayed 60s top floor, right by the bowling pin (Laundry/pool bar side). It was...loud. The Hippy Dippy pool attracts people at all times of day.

Not that I wouldn't stay there again, but I wouldn't pay for preferred again. Rather, I'd request something garden or lake facing on the 50's or 60's section. Just my opine.

Bcakd

We have stayed in the 60's building, top floor, facing the Hippy Dippy pool ever since our daughter was born. Before that we would try to get the quietest room available at our selected resort. Now that we are parents it's just so much easier and loads more convenient to just be as close as possible to the pool and food court. With that being said, it is a little noisier than say, staying at any room at The Boardwalk or Fort Wilderness, but in the end as long as a smile is on her face when she finally tuckers out at night, puts a smile on ours. I hope you guys have a magical trip!

pug

Hola guys!

We have a trip planned in a couple of weeks and this will be our first time staying at the Pop Century Resort. I need a little guidance regarding what building to choose and would really appreciate any tips/suggestions from your guys.

- Trying to choose a building with a short walk to the food Court and the bus stop
- We'll probably not spend a lot of time in the room so the view is not that important
- No need to be near a pool since there won't be any time to hit the pool
- Need a decently quiet room during the night

Thanks for all the help :)
You have to pay more for the closer rooms :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom