The Sole Imagineer: An Imagineering Competition

tcool

Episode 10 Reward Challenge
Wishes Wishing

water_template_by_tcool123-d8n2kw8.jpg

Situated at the edge of a newly constructed pond is a film studio with anew technology that they claim brings your favorite movies to life when only using light and water! The film studio is located at the area of Fantasmic! on Sunset Boulevard. The studio will have several buildings where guests will be admitted into when the show is starting to accept people in. Each of the studio buildings will have film props inside. 10 buildings newly constructed in total for the setting. 8 of which will be holding props. One building will be rethemed area for the snacks, and the other will be new bathrooms. The props will be mostly coming from the now closed Backlot Tour, and some will be from other props currently stored elsewhere or used in the films like Cinderella's Carriage. The old bleachers will be ripped out and replaced with new seats similar to these.

Stadium%20seat%20%20baseball%20sport%20plastic%20seating%20cinema%20chair%20armchair%20folding.jpg8a03fc3f-6d2f-4c42-a738-133cbff27dc5Large.jpg

General Information and Stats -

Type of Attraction : Hydrotechnic Show
What's Used : Fountains and Mist Screens
Length : 17 Minutes and 13 Seconds
Capacity per Show : 6,900 in Seats + 3,00 Standing
Daily Capacity : 9,900 - 19,800
Overall Theme : Movies of Hollywood

Basic Summary of Video
- Moving Pictures Montage
- Musicals
- Romance
- Westerns
- Science Fiction
- Horror/Monsters
-Adventure
-Hooray for Hollywood Finale

Films Used
- Earliest Surviving Film Known (1888)
- The Illusionist
-Lady and the Tramp
-Chicago
- Up
-The Three Stooges
-The 7 Year Itch
-A Woman of Paris
-Wizard of Oz
-Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
-Tarzan the Ape Man
-Beauty and the Beast
-Cinderella (Both Versions)
-10 Commandments
-The Muppet Movie
-Mary Poppins
-Sound of Music
-Casa Blanca
-Titanic
-West Side Story
-Fistful of Dollars Trilogy
-True Grit
-Last of the Mohicans
-The Searchers
- Star Wars Saga
-Nosferatu
-Fantasia
- Indiana Jones Saga
-Pirates of the Caribbean Saga
-Frozen
-Singin' in the Rain
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-The Godfather
-Narnia the Witch, the Lion, and the Wardrobe
-Lion King

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 10 Reward Challenge Critiques

Great job this week IDI! Let's see how you did:

- I love the name. I think it fits really well with your theme
-Your introduction paragraphs really draw the reader in, well done!
- I like the idea of "grand circle tour" of MK, but I feel more songs from Fantasyland and Adventureland would have been nice
- I'm not sure It's a small world is very exciting for a fireworks show. Another Fantasyland inspired song instead or in addition would have been nice.
- I like the idea of just fireworks, but I'm not sure how much it works these days. Many people have gotten past the point of loving JUST fireworks. Especially after watching Rivers of Light, Fantasmic! and Illuminations, they'll want to see something spectacular. Sure, you may argue that fireworks are amazing, which they are. But, to be honest, they aren't special enough to warrant their OWN disney nighttime show. nowadays At least one other medium would have been nice, TBH.
- In addition, it seems to on the shorter side. See, that's the problem with fireworks, they only hold your attention span for so long. Wishes, to me, is the perfect length for a fireworks show. But, as shown from World of Color and Fantasmic, other mediums can hold the attention span of guests for much longer. Fountains, live actors and fireworks mixed together is much more interesting to guests these days than just fireworks.
- I like the idea of the "reviews" and I thought it was a nice way to incorporate the community
- As @seahawk7 said, it does remind me of Remember... Dreams Come True. Almost, to much like it. It's basically the same thing. Just shorter, with less songs and a different soundtrack. But, there's less of an overarching storyline. At Disneyland, the show tells guests that dreams do come true, especially when at Disneyland. But here, it's just a tour of MK. There's no "sentimental value" there.
- Adding on, MK nighttime shows are known for their heart, stories and magic. Your show, TBH, doesn't have that much of a storyline. It has a little bit of heart, but not like Wishes. Sure, I asked you to replace it, but I was also looking for heart told in a new way. The only part that has this heart is the Small World Chorus.
- I love the video, I thought you had no experience?
- The How do you Do? segment seems a little too long. It's very repetitive, to be honest.
- The ending was kind of... meh. I like my finales to have a big ending not just in the fireworks, but in the music too.

But, overall, amazing job this week, IDI!

Outstanding job this week, Vipraa. Let's see how you did:

- I wish you had used some text in the beginning, like IDI. It really helps set the stage.
- You used 2 names. Symphony of the Stars and Symphony in the Stars. Which one is it?
- AMAZING job on the video, no complaints on ow you made it or the technical skill.
- I like how you focused your show on the music. Well done!
- I like the idea of a new show for DHS/DHA. The park really needs something like this.
- Other then a few minor things (like that Twilight Zone was too short and a few choppy transitions), I found your video almost FLAWLESS. Spectacular job.
- Your video held my attention for all 12 minutes. And I'll just say that that's extremely hard to do.
- I'm sorry I'm not critiquing more, but I really don't have much to say, well done Vipraa!

Overall, spectacular job Vipraa!

Great job this week, tcool! Let's see how you did:

- I'm not sure I like the name. It doesn't seem like something that Disney would use
- I like the collage, but it's a little choppy and it seems last-minute
- I'm honestly very confused. Where's your show? What's this studio? Does it replace Fantasmic? How do these studio buildings connect to the nightime show? I think what your trying to say is that it's replacing Fantasmic, but the stadium is now themed to a studio... But I'm not sure
- I'm very impressed that you got your show to that length. Bravo!
- The whole Moving Pictures is a great idea! I like how you incorporated that. And, with that fitting the theme perfectly/having been sung at the Oscars, I think you made a great choice.
- I actually like your idea of a show better then Vipraa's. Taking you through a journey with every genre of movie included. But, the execution wasn't the best.
- The transitions are way to choppy. I know you aren't an experience movie maker, but a simple fade into a difference segment or soundtrack would have been nice.
- I recommend you find a new drawing program. The one that you've been using produced a very pixelated product. There's plenty of free ones out there! ;)
- To be honest, I find Fantasmic a far superior show. Unlike Vipraa, where his show compliments Fantasmic by using a difference medium... Your's replaces it and uses the less mediums (but all of them were used in Fantasmic) and is shorter. I feel like you could have done better if you placed this somewhere else in the park...

Overall, good job this week, tcool!

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 10 Immunity Challenge
Rehab Rally

Welcome to your final immunity challenge.

For the last time, immunity is back up for grabs.

Congratulations to @Vipraa, @IDInstitute, @tcool and @JokersWild for making it this far!

The winner of this immunity challenge will guarantee themselves a spot at the final Imagineer's Council where you will get a chance to plead your case to the jury about why you deserve the title of...

The Sole Imagineer

Losers, after 100 days, your time on The Sole Imagineer may come to an end and your chance of winning this game will be zero.

propertymap2.JPG

For this challenge, castaways must completely refurbish and expand all of Walt Disney World with a 15 year plan for the resort. That's right. You have to focus on every theme park, resort, water park and complex on Walt Disney World Resort property and help it in a big or a small way. You can expand and refurbish however you'd like beyond that.

@Vipraa, because you won the Reward Challenge, you have a monumental advantage. You may choose from the following contestants eliminated pre-merge (meaning they aren't on the jury) to help you with this project. I will set up a PM between you and your chosen castaway.

@InfiniteRightEar97
@Matt7187
@JoseLorenzo
@Sam4D23
@Aaron O
@jdmdisney99

In addition, you may choose any medium this challenge. Whether it's a website, a forum-post or something else, I don't care. Also, you may include videos, music and whatever images help convey your concept.

Finally, to help you complete this gargantuan challenge, you'll need time. So, for your final immunity challenge, you'll be given 3 weeks to complete this challenge. Because I'm being quite generous, I expect all concepts to be well thought out, proofread, and all around awesome!

Your concepts must be turned in by Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 7:00 PM EST. Your submission may now include an unlimited amount of photos. Now that you have been merged, you must create your concepts on your own, without the aid of others (except @Vipraa ;):p).

Last edited:

tcool

Episode 10 Immunity Challenge
Rehab Rally

Welcome to your final immunity challenge.

For the last time, immunity is back up for grabs.

Congratulations to @Vipraa, @IDInstitute, @tcool and @JokersWild for making it this far!

The winner of this immunity challenge will guarantee themselves a spot at the final Imagineer's Council where you will get a chance to plead your case to the jury about why you deserve the title of...

The Sole Imagineer

Losers, after 100 days, your time on The Sole Imagineer will come to an end and your chance of winning this game will be zero.

View attachment 88438

For this challenge, castaways must completely refurbish and expand all of Walt Disney World with a 15 year plan for the resort. That's right. You have to focus on every theme park, resort, water park and complex on Walt Disney World Resort property and help it in a big or a small way. You can expand and refurbish however you'd like beyond that.

@Vipraa, because you won the Reward Challenge, you have a monumental advantage. You may choose from the following contestants eliminated pre-merge (meaning they aren't on the jury) to help you with this project. I will set up a PM between you and your chosen castaway.

@InfiniteRightEar97
@Matt7187
@JoseLorenzo
@Sam4D23
@Aaron O
@jdmdisney99

In addition, you may choose any medium this challenge. Whether it's a website, a forum-post or something else, I don't care. Also, you may include videos, music and whatever images help convey your concept.

Finally, to help you complete this gargantuan challenge, you'll need time. So, for your final immunity challenge, you'll be given 3 weeks to complete this challenge. Because I'm being quite generous, I expect all concepts to be well thought out, proofread, and all around awesome!

Your concepts must be turned in by Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 7:00 PM EST. Your submission may now include an unlimited amount of photos. Now that you have been merged, you must create your concepts on your own, without the aid of others (except @Vipraa ;):p).

RM can we use attractions from past challenges?

Also do the 15 years start now in 2015 or when Avatarland opens?

RMichael21

Original Poster
Do we have to include everything from the 50th or could we cut some things?
You can edit it however you'd like. This goes for anything else that you've created over the course of the competition. You can change it however you would like.

JokersWild

Watching the video. I'd like to say right now that I have zero intentions to get into the final three. I have said that I've said this before, but, frankly, that was all on you guys. I've been waiting to be voted out for multiple projects, and the only reason I didn't push for my elimination last project was so we could take out tiki, which was really the smarter strategic move and even then I told everyone to vote for me if tiki wasn't able to be voted for for whatever reason (Veto, Immunity, etc.)

RMichael21

Original Poster
IDI and myself are about to go live with our "Fallen Comrades" podcast paying tribute to the ten castaways that led the way to the final four.

latest

Based on the final project and my/MA's votes...

I was going to give myself 2 votes. Have one of the them go to the winner of a final challenge and the other who I think should win. But, once MA came on board, it was too late to change the number of jury members and give myself an extra vote with his... So, yeah.

Closer to the end of this challenge I'll post in the Ponderosa PM how it'll work. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom