Week of March 23rd

JCAEdge21

Original Poster
I'll be visiting UOR for one day the week of March 23rd where I'll be spending the night before at Royal Pacific, then waking up early the following morning and spending the entire day at both parks using my room key as an EP.

My question is.. How are crowds typically during this week? Should one day be enough for me to be able to get in everything that I want to see? I'm 26 years old so there's a lot that I'll be skipping or will only hit if I have time.. Ideally I'd like to hit Diagon Alley and EFG, Hogwarts Express (both ways), HPatFJ, Butterbeer Ice Cream (yeah, it's that important), Transformers, Hulk, Spiderman, HRRR, and Springfield. My last visit was in 2012 so after hitting everything new and some old favorites, the rest is gravy...

Thanks!

JoeCamel

That will be tough, can you get to the park before you go to RPR?

Transformers, Hulk, Spiderman, HRRR, and Springfield you can use the EP but all of the WWoHP you will be the same as any other guest and the EP is not applied.

Do what you can get done and it will leave some for another trip. With what they are building you will want to get back as soon as you can.. You left out Mummy and that is not to be missed.

Let us know what you must do and maybe you can get some help from Orlando Informer, they are great at planning one day trips.

BrerJon

Here's a time saving tip - if you want the Butterbeer ice cream, don't wait in the 20 minute plus line at the ice cream shop like everyone else, but go to the Hopping Pot, where they usually sell it with a far shorter wait, but not many people seem to notice that.

JCAEdge21

Original Poster
Thanks! That Butterbeer tip is actually really helpful, I had no idea the Hopping Pot even existed!

I'll only have a one day, 2 park pass so I won't be able to get in the night before.. But I'll be in both parks from the minute they allow (which includes if they still do the early-entry for guests) until close. I've been to Universal MANY times and the Mummy is one of my favorites, but I figured I'd bump that down the priority list to make sure I hit everything new first (post-2012).

Right now my plan looks like Diagon Alley/EFG, HE to IOA, HPatFJ, HE to USF, aaaand continue from there...

JediMasterMatt

Try to find some time to try out the other Butterbeer variants as well.

In my opinion: hot Butterbeer>>>>>>>>>>(keep going)>>>>>>>>>>>>> frozen Butterbeer>> Butterbeer ice cream >>>> regular Butterbeer.

I'm someone with multiple Dole Whip shirts (from both coasts and DL's is better since it has an umbrella with a cherry) and I will now attest - hot Butterbeer is the new king of the theme park beverage roost. Unlike the others, it holds its consistency and flavor much longer.

Re: your stay - make the most out of early entry and move fast as the opening hour or so is when crowds will be at their lowest.

HakunaMatata89

download the app to help with wait times, hit Gringotts as soon as you go in. We didnt get to the parks until about 930 and went straight to Gringgotts, it was a 25min wait. came back by a hour later and it was up to 70

JoeCamel

Rode EFG yesterday morning as soon as they opened (9:00) but got in at 8:35. EPA is for IOA and I saw the first train coming over as I walked to DA. Went through the regular queue and was in the first car out, they were putting guests through as fast as they could climb the stairs. Circled around and went through single rider for a walk on second ride. It was at 45 minutes as I went off to do other things but it does go back down after the initial rush. Later in the day it was 90 minutes.

The park was not really busy and i would expect the 23rd to be about the same.

Sounds like you have a good plan to hit what is new to you, do FJ first, catch the first train and do DA/EFG then you can catch the others on your list. I

JCAEdge21

Original Poster
So you think it's worth hitting IOA first, then heading over to USF and doing everything there and just deal with whatever line there is later for the HE to Hogsmeade?

JoeCamel

Yes, that would be my plan. You should be able to ride FJ and then board HE with 200 of your closest friends to go over to DA and ride EFG right off and maybe twice if you swing back through single rider. Do not miss the standby queue though, it is half the show.

JCAEdge21

Original Poster
And that's what I was afraid of...

But thanks for the advice! I'll make sure I'm up for the IOA early-entry and get tWWoHP taken care of as fast as I can. Everything else I'll have the express pass for (minus HRRR but there's singles for that) so I should hopefully be ok.

JCAEdge21

Original Poster
So here's an update (more of a report).. I went to UOR this past Wednesday, the 25th, and all I have to say is..

YOU. ALL. ROCK!

I took a combination of everyone's advice, got to IOA at 7:45am for opening, walked on HPatFJ and then caught the second HE train to USF. Of course, HPatEFG was down when we got there so we explored Diagon a little, hit Transformers, HRRR (yes I was one of the first to test these lovely metal detectors), and then made our way around to ET, Simpsons and MIB to kill some time. When we made it to Diagon again at around 10(?) and figured let's see if EFG opened. Within 90 seconds of getting to the front of Gringotts we hear "Ladies and Gentlemen, please place all loose articles in the lockers..." as the ride JUST reopened! To make things even better, the ride broke down for a few minutes while we were riding (in the very first room) so as we exited, we were given express passes to ride again! After that we took the HE back to Hogsmeade, hit the singles line at HPatFJ, and continued our day at a relaxed pace.

Thanks to the EP we were able to hit everything we wanted to in both parks (Hulk, Spiderman, Mummy, etc.) with little/no wait, and honestly the crowds weren't as bad as I thought (I was in Disney the day before and that was a NIGHTMARE). Finished off with a burger bento box at Cowfish and I cannot wait to go back! I think I enjoyed my one day at UOR more than my previous 3 days at Disney.

And thanks for the Hopping Pot suggestion! I swear, they must be putting crack in the butterbeer ice cream..

JoeCamel

Great, so glad it worked out for you!

Now you will be looking for excuses to go back, HHN is a wee attraction that a few people like to attend. Schedule a few more days and you will be looking for a place to live near the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom