Pre-Trip Oh It's Almost On!

When & Where:

Going for 7 nights at the end of Jan, staying at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village 2 bedroom villa using our DVC points for the first time (joined DVC in 2014) so we are pretty excited about not only the resort (never stayed there) but the 2 bedroom villa as well.

Who:

Me (of course!) and the wife, the littlest kid (12 yo son) who is sadly not so little anymore :( , the 17 year old daughter and we are bringing one of her 16 year friend from school. We have all been to WDW of course but my daughters friends has been to Disneyland but not DisneyWorld so we are pretty excited to take her for her first trip there. We did the same thing last year (same daughter but different friend) and it was a great addition to our trip :) Also joining us will be my 20 year old son who is in the USAF and stationed at McDill AFB in Tampa. He will drive over and meet us at WDW to stay for the week. We are flying from Texas by the way. So 6 in all will be our group. First time we have ever been an even number of guest so everybody has a ride buddy!

Misc Details:

Not doing the DDP for the first time ever really......we are big fans of it and what it offers but we are trying to see how we do without it this year.....we are getting the Tables In Wonderland card this year. Also out first year with annual passes....plan is to go again in Jan 2016 so we can get two years out of the annual passes and the TIW card. We will not have a rental car, using Disney transportation all week. Never been in Jan so we are looking forward to seeing cooler weather and lower crowds than out last trip (June 2014)

Here is the day by day...

Saturday : Arrive at MCO around 3pm, catch the DME to Animal Kingdom. Really nothing planned for that night, not even any ADRs. We will eat quick service at AKL and check out the resort and what it offers....maybe a swim based on weather....and I hear they have a nice bar :)

Sunday : Starting out at DHS this year....have ADRs at 50’s Prime time for lunch.....FP+s are the Frozen Sing Along, Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania and we have it timed to be able to catch Fantasmic that night.

Monday : Animal Kingdom day.......no ADRs at the park.....but Yak & Yeti QS yum!.......we do have ADRs that night for dinner at Saana back at the resort........FP+s that day are for Festival Of the Lion King, Everest and the Safari....that night we will again just relax at the resort after dinner.

Tuesday : Magic Kingdom day, Tuesday is always Magic Kingdom day for us, no ideal why but that is how it has developed over the years :) …... FP+s are Enchanted Tales With Belle, 7DMT and the M&G with Rapunzel which is what I am most looking forward too :) we do not have a meal ADR that day but we do have reservations for the Fireworks / Desert party so that will be dinner while we watch Wishes!

Wednesday : Epcot day! ADRs at Via Napoli before Illuminations so we can watch that. FP+s at Test Track, Mission Space and the M&G with Disney Pals. A few drinks as well at some point :)

Thursday : Back to Animal Kingdom for us. FP+s are for Finding Nemo Musical, Everest and Dinosaur.....ADRs at Downtown Disney that night....currently at Planet Hollywood but I might move them to Raglan Road for their “late night” offerings....we love Raglan Road! But I do want some of that Capn Crunch chicken they have at Planet Hollywood.....any advice? We will either bowl (great place to bowl there!) or maybe catch a movie.....or just shop.....a free night really.....

Friday : Yikes last day!!!! :( Back to the Magic Kingdom for us to close it out! FP+s are for 7DMT, Space Mountain and to meet the Frozen gals again (did so last trip) at their M&G. And our ADR is at Be Our Guest which I am really looking forward too as I lost out on that ADRs last trip. Not sure how we will close out the night either Wishes again or maybe back at the resort.

Saturday : Sad bus (DME) back to the airport and back home to Texas .....and the kicker is that on Monday I fly back to Orlando from Texas for business.....I tried to stay (even booked a room for two night at FQ) but can’t now because my travel plans for work just won’t work out correctly.

So that is it. I was able to get all the FP+s I wanted and all the ADRs I wanted. I get a week at WDW and get to hang out with the 20 year old son for a week which is very cool for the wife and I. It’s a great week ahead.

Goals:

Gain 5 pounds...at least....

Get fairly drunk at least once...well I’m too old to get drunk but I can get tipsy!!!

Buy stuff I do not need...to add to my collection of stuff I already bought I did not need there!

Laugh...alot....

A little family bonding

Don’t carry a cell phone for a second (mine will stay in Texas)

See if Rapunzel remembers me from my last trip.....hey she might so don’t laugh :inlove:

First time we will have a multi room place to stay at WDW....and I’m married......with kids......so yeah that maybe too......you know what I’m saying ;)

Any input welcomed!!!

SamandChel

Congrats on your upcoming trip. I'll be there mid January and can't wait! You said your son is in the military so consider using some of Shades of Greens perks. Reduced ticket prices for Disney and other places along with a very cheap gift shop and decent restaurants for normal prices. I don't know if he already has tickets but shades of green sells them without taxes which is a significant amount also they are at a reduced military rate.

Enjoy your trip. sounds like you have it all pretty well laid out !

BigTxEars

Original Poster
Congrats on your upcoming trip. I'll be there mid January and can't wait! You said your son is in the military so consider using some of Shades of Greens perks. Reduced ticket prices for Disney and other places along with a very cheap gift shop and decent restaurants for normal prices. I don't know if he already has tickets but shades of green sells them without taxes which is a significant amount also they are at a reduced military rate.

Enjoy your trip. sounds like you have it all pretty well laid out !

Doh!!!! I already bought him a 6 day ticket thru Disney but next time.....and the kicker is I know about Shades of Green but did not think about it :(

Thanks for the tips :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom