What did you do?

imagination30

a nice 3 miler after the rain ... after work turned in to a 4.23 miler.. a nice cool breeze.. brings me to 30.98 for the month of march so far. and 104. 97 for the year!

dreamfinder

Today was 2.75@1.5i, 1@7:30p, 1@6:58p, .5@6:31p, .25@6p.

Today I feel better than I have in 2 months. Don't know if it's a fluke or if the new meds are kicking in or what, but I feel like I could run and run and run. Unfortunately, I don't think that would be wise just yet because I'm not sure if the joint inflammation is actually subsiding or just being masked, so I'll stick with more biking until my next dr's appointment.

Huzzah for feeling better!

They are either still shoveling snow or they hit runDisney burnout.

Judging by the speed that races are still selling out, don't think burnout is a problem for runDisney yet.....

LindsayLoves

Hey there! I am still around but have changed my running schedule from morning to afternoons which means I am usually trying to get home as soon as I finish my run.

Sunday - 'long run' of 80 minutes, this was nice and slow thanks to some major leg work the day before. First time over the Queensboro bridge this year, I forgot what a beast it is.

Monday - 4 mile easy run, holy sore legs. It was quite easy to keep the pace down on this one

Tuesday - unscheduled rest, a crazy day at work had me push off my speed work to Wednesday. Still walked more than 7 miles according to my phone pedometer so I can feel decent about that.

Wednesday - 6x400 @1:39 average w/1:15 RI and 1.5m w/u and 2m c/d. I think the extra rest day made this workout happen. I wanted to pull back on the pace but my legs were fresh and even with shorter rests than last week I was able to comfortably put down these paces.

Yesterday - rest. Jury duty + laundry = no time for a run because I was too lazy to get out of bed to run before having to go to jury duty, my bad.

Today - TBD. I originally planned for a long run after work since I will be heading down to Philly this evening and likely not running long tomorrow. But seeing that we are supposed to get nailed with snow at that time I am seriously re-considering that plan.

Texas84

Judging by the speed that races are still selling out, don't think burnout is a problem for runDisney yet.....

Absolutely (F&W sold out in one hour), but I was thinking about this forum. Some of our regulars have moved on. I'm even thinking about other things. Maybe the Tokyo Marathon next February. That would be nuts. But I'm also itching for a second Dopey or Goofy.

Texas84

Anyone have spring runs scheduled? Macon Cherry Blossom 10K is next week. Need to get a better F&W qualifier. Chick-fil-A series also about to start.

7 miles yesterday past the cherry blossoms. Started at dawn into the sunrise and ran to the local college and back.

imagination30

heres my schedule for the spring.. : April 12- bridgestreet half , Huntsville al. , April 26- st. jude country music half ( st jude hero) , Nashville tn , May 25 - Cotton row 10k In huntsville . I know its not spring ,... but oct. 18 - Liz hurley ribbon run in hunstville .. ( I need a winter one before disney for a tune up).. but i already have my quilfier time for the the disney half ... so im not worried about that i did that in feb.

dreamfinder

Sat was 5k@1.5i, 1.5@7:30, 1.35@7, .25@6:30. Sun was 10k@1.5, 6@8p, .2@6p. Today was 1@1.5i&7:30p followed by bike.

Absolutely (F&W sold out in one hour), but I was thinking about this forum. Some of our regulars have moved on. I'm even thinking about other things. Maybe the Tokyo Marathon next February. That would be nuts. But I'm also itching for a second Dopey or Goofy.

I hear ya. I can see how those of us who were doing runDisney events when you could still sign up a month or two before the race are getting tired of it.

imagination30

a beautiful 70 degrees, after work ... i love the time change in the spring .lol... , bc you go for a run after work .. and its still daylight. , any who .. did 4. 32 to put me at 109. 25 for the year and 35.30 for the month of march.. -- with 2 races coming up fast! .:)

Texas84

Sold my house and this week I'm moving into an apartment on the 3rd floor overlooking the golf course. Moved some stuff in last night (no elevator) and did 3 miles this morning. I'm paying for it now. :)

Texas84

Cherry Blossom 10K this morning. New PR, 55:42. Should be a decent F&W qualifier. Had one last (hopefully) blast of cold air, 39F at start but sunny. Uphill out into the wind, downhill back with a tailwind. Remnants of Dopey training really kicked in the worst uphill. No problem with it at all.

6laurac

Hi all, I hope you don't mind an occasional poster. I'm training for my second half, the Raleigh Rock N Roll April 12. I'm a slow coach at 11 minute miles but I did get in 9 miles today in the wind today. Any tips on getting faster when my body seems to keep the same pace would be appreciated

imagination30

a chilly and breezy, 57 and overcast. but Nice with walk mom for a mile then ran 3 more ... for a total of 4.76, and brinign my total for the year ... 119.23( btw ive accomplished my goal of runningover 100 miles this year already) , and45.28 for the month of march!

dreamfinder

Ehh, I did some running over the last few days, nothing special so lets leave it at that.

Hi all, I hope you don't mind an occasional poster. I'm training for my second half, the Raleigh Rock N Roll April 12. I'm a slow coach at 11 minute miles but I did get in 9 miles today in the wind today. Any tips on getting faster when my body seems to keep the same pace would be appreciated

Some people feel that simply by adding mileage your pace will slowly get faster. I find this tends to work by improving the pace for shorter distances, IE adding mileage for a half tends to make your 5k pace faster. But if you haven't found that yet, then you most likely need to switch up your training some. Doing just a single training habit will cause your progress to plateau. So working in speed days (things like 4x400 w 200 rest) or simply adding distance to a faster pace. IE Sat you start off by doing 1/2@10p, then repeat for a week, then do 1@10p, repeat a week, then 1 1/2@10p, etc while still doing your normal long run on another day. Or, you may be at the point in your training where you would benefit from a training program. Be it something from Galloway, Hidgeon, Hanson Project, local running coach, whatever. Most have plans where you can look up your current mileage and goal pace and they will have workouts for you to hit that pace.

LindsayLoves

1 hour and 30 minutes yesterday. I am not good at running by time because I feel I will end too fast so I run so slow. I also give myself the excuse that I have no water or fuel with me so I should take it slow so I don't burn out but I should just carry some water and be done with that excuse. I hate carrying water when its under 30 degrees because it is very unpleasant if/when it gets you wet. Another reason I can't wait for spring to get here.

Welcome! Just a warning occasional posters usually turn into regular posters. :)

I agree with the notion of running faster but at short intervals. If you don't have a track at your disposal or a GPS device to track your distance there are some super easy ways to incorporate speed into your normal runs. Say you are going out for a 5 mile run, warm up for two miles and then start 20 seconds on/20 seconds off. That means running hard for 20 seconds (not out of breath hard but at a faster pace than you are used to) and then take a 20 second jog break, repeat this 10-20 times and cool down with your remaining mileage to get to 5 miles. Mentally this is an easy to swallow workout, you don't have to work about running fast for any set distance, just as long as 20 seconds takes you. As you improve you will notice you will go farther during those 20 second on periods than when you started. There are loads of easy speed workouts on the internet, pinterest has a lot, especially for the treadmill.

Kristia

I am still around, I just don't get a lot of time to post. Dan and I have still been running. Currently we are training for the Broad Street 10 miler and Wildwood Half. We just did a 5k in Washington Crossing State Park on Saturday. That 5k is one of our favorites, but it is definitely challenging. It is all downhill to the canal towpath and then along the path for a bit. At the turnaround, you run on some back streets in Titusville, NJ and then back to the path and ALL uphill to the finish. It makes for a crazy fast first half and then a slow finish. I was hoping to do better than last year but I was about 3 seconds slower with a time of 31:22. My first mile was a 9:30 which never happens! Dan finished with a 29:58. That's pretty good for him but not a PR. He said his first mile was 9:00 which also never happens!

I am a bit less enamored by runDisney races lately. I was looking forward to doing the Star Wars Half next January, but I don't think we can swing the prices. I think I may have reached my point of, it is just too much for us. This doesn't mean that I won't do any in the future, but we have a big trip this Sept for our 20th anniversary and we can't do two expensive trips that close together. They sell out so fast now, that I hear about husband and wives who can't both get into the same race because one got in and the other didn't. With their new system, you can only register one person at a time. We can't both take off work to register for a race. It is just getting too crazy. I love the races themselves, but.....there are just beginning to be too many buts!

I will still continue to run though and look forward to trying different races that are still in great places but aren't so tough on my wallet and my mental fortitude (with registration stress)!

Mad Stitch

I signed up for a local 10 miler last night that takes place in a month, now I need to get off my treadmill and get my road legs back. It's still a little too cold for my liken though.

JillC LI

Cherry Blossom 10K this morning. New PR, 55:42.

Fantastic! You edged me out :)

I am also a relatively slow coach, but I have definitely improved over the years. When I started running, it was at about an 11 minute pace. Now a 10-1:30 pace is an easy run for me (current health issues aside), but that is many years later. I agree with others that intervals make you faster. I wasn't sure where to begin with intervals, but I found the book Run Less, Run Faster very helpful. In fact, following that program, I hit my PRs in the 5K, 10K, and Half. Even if you don't do formal intervals, just doing some fartlekking once a week is useful to increase your race pace.

Where's the big anniversary trip @Kristia?!

As for me, I was able to do 40 minutes on the staionary bike last night without pain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom