Pre-Trip Honeymoon Pre-Trip Report Updated:

August 23 at Centennial Park in Nashville Tennessee my amazing boyfriend and best friend, Andrew, asked me to spend my life with him. That was an easy decision, of course I said yes! Second easiest decision...where to go for our honeymoon, DISNEY!!!! He is not sold. He doesn't get my crazy, obsessive love for Disney World (or football teams), but he agreed to my choice for honeymoon destination at least. :) So the planning phase is in full force. The date is set. The wedding will be held in my hometown of Birmingham on April 18 and we will leave for Disney the following day. We are looking at Moderate Resorts, I've stayed and POR and loved it so that may be my first choice. POFQ and Coronado are also in the running for our magical week. I'm up for any advice or suggestions on this! Dining has not been chosen yet either, so that is something else I'll be considering. I want at least one Signature. As I said all advice welcome!!! :)

Doc Disney

Sadly I got the news that POFQ was not included on this years discount for the spring due to its popularity. We decided to stick with it anyway, hoping maybe other people will move to different resorts that are included and it will be a little less crowded! Luckily, though it looks like crowd levels should not be too incredibly bad for the end of April so I'm not too worried about it either way. In other news, my not at Disney Disney wedding is coming along. I think I found my shoes. Ladies, let me know what you think! View attachment 78935

Congratulations on the engagement! Your plans look great! We love the Memory Maker and the Sci Fi Diner!! Also, those shoes are amazing...where did you find them?!

Bama14

Original Poster

Allym146

Those are very pretty and so sparkly! I like my heels but man, I may have cried by the end of the night if I wore those on my wedding day! Maybe wear them for the ceremony and change for the reception?

Bama14

Original Poster
Those are very pretty and so sparkly! I like my heels but man, I may have cried by the end of the night if I wore those on my wedding day! Maybe wear them for the ceremony and change for the reception?
I'll definitely bring a change of shoes in case I become miserable during the reception. Andrew saw them and asked if I would be wearing them at Disney any. Haha! Um no! I will be in tennis shoes at Disney!

geebee721

Congrats on your engagement! We went to Disney for our honeymoon three years ago and it was amazing! When we checked into the Boardwalk, they knew it was our honeymoon and sent up a chocolate mickey and some chocolate covered strawberries. Good choice with Narcoossee's....one of my favorite Disney restaurants. :)

Bama14

Original Poster
Congrats on your engagement! We went to Disney for our honeymoon three years ago and it was amazing! When we checked into the Boardwalk, they knew it was our honeymoon and sent up a chocolate mickey and some chocolate covered strawberries. Good choice with Narcoossee's....one of my favorite Disney restaurants. :)
Thank you, I'm so excited! I was so torn on the signatures! I'm glad to hear you liked Narcoosee's! Do you have a dish you highly recommend from there?

geebee721

Thank you, I'm so excited! I was so torn on the signatures! I'm glad to hear you liked Narcoosee's! Do you have a dish you highly recommend from there?

Last time we went I had the filet mignon which was really really good. I think my favorite thing there is the desserts! lol The have this chocolate mousse torte thing (not exactly sure what its called but this is it looks like) which was really good.

Bama14

Original Poster
Last time we went I had the filet mignon which was really really good. I think my favorite thing there is the desserts! lol The have this chocolate mousse torte thing (not exactly sure what its called but this is it looks like) which was really good.
Looks yummy! Can't wait to try this place!

Bama14

Original Poster
So I reached the 60 day mark the other day. When it comes to Disney I have always thought of myself as a little on the overplanner side. Friends tease me about how much detail goes into my planning process all the time. However, I will say, this is the first time I have been to Disney since the Fastpass Plus. I'm not really a fan so far of this process, especially at Epcot. Really the only things I would really need fastpasses for is Test track and Soarin since I will be there at a lower crowd time. Of course I can only choose one of those. I'm guess, and hoping, that I can ride the first one and just cancel the rest of my fast passes and add the second? Maybe I'll feel differently about the Fastpass plus once I get there, but it is too much planning ahead I feel. Regardless, I'm getting so excited that the wedding day and Disneymoon are so close now!!! :)

DisneyPrincess5

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and Disneymoon! My husband and I had been to Disney many times prior to our Disneymoon, but it felt so much different after we were married. So much more special and magical.

We were very against the whole FP+ thing when it was all first announced. We felt like it was too much planning, leading to a lack of spontaneity, and overall distruction of the way we had done every trip. I have to say, we were very pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed it on our November trip. We could switch and make new ones all the time on each day, and it ended up working out very well for us. It was AWESOME to not have to walk to a kiosk to get a FP. I hope you have the same experience.

Enjoy your last items of planning before your big events!

Bama14

Original Poster
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and Disneymoon! My husband and I had been to Disney many times prior to our Disneymoon, but it felt so much different after we were married. So much more special and magical.

We were very against the whole FP+ thing when it was all first announced. We felt like it was too much planning, leading to a lack of spontaneity, and overall distruction of the way we had done every trip. I have to say, we were very pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed it on our November trip. We could switch and make new ones all the time on each day, and it ended up working out very well for us. It was AWESOME to not have to walk to a kiosk to get a FP. I hope you have the same experience.

Enjoy your last items of planning before your big events!
That's good to hear! I'm glad it was easy to switch them out too. I was worried about how it would work with us using our park hopper. I will definitely keep an open mind on FP+ I'm sure I'm overly critical of it unnecessarily! :) Andrew and I have never been to Disney together. He is kinda a newbie, so I'm looking forward to sharing my favorite magical world with him! :)

Bama14

Original Poster
I am down to less than a month until the wedding/Disneymoon and guess what came in the mail today!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Bama14

Original Poster
We are both so excited! I did make some dining changes since I posted my original plans. I switched Coral Reef to Rose and Crown and added breakfast at Boma! I have never seen Animal Kingdom Lodge before so I am looking forward to exploring a little, plus Boma always seems to get such great reviews I decided I had to eat there! I am so ready to get this adventure started! Until then I am loving reading everyone else's trip reports!

LisaBelle

You will LOVE AKL and Boma. We stayed there in 2004 and had our first dinner at Boma in 2008. Loved it!! Can't wait to hear all about your honeymoon. My husband and I spent our honeymoon at WDW and last year we celebrated our 25th anniversary at WDW. Enjoy every minute!

Bama14

Original Poster
You will LOVE AKL and Boma. We stayed there in 2004 and had our first dinner at Boma in 2008. Loved it!! Can't wait to hear all about your honeymoon. My husband and I spent our honeymoon at WDW and last year we celebrated our 25th anniversary at WDW. Enjoy every minute

I can't wait to see AKL!! It looks beautiful from what I've seen on other people trip reports. I was reading someone's (now I can't remember which one!) and they were having breakfast at Boma and it looked fantastic so I decided to splurge on an extra meal! Can't wait to try it!!!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
My husband of 1.5 years and I Disneymooned too! We ate at Narcoossee's and enjoyed ourselves, though my hubby got the steak and actually enjoyed the one he got a BOG later that week better. We are heading back in September, and are also trying Boma for the first time, so excited!

Best wishes on your wedding, marriage, and trip - can't wait to read the report. Also,those shoes are AMAZING.

If you plan it right, be sure to enjoy Wishes from the verandah at Narcoossee's.

Bama14

Original Poster
My husband of 1.5 years and I Disneymooned too! We ate at Narcoossee's and enjoyed ourselves, though my hubby got the steak and actually enjoyed the one he got a BOG later that week better. We are heading back in September, and are also trying Boma for the first time, so excited!

Best wishes on your wedding, marriage, and trip - can't wait to read the report. Also,those shoes are AMAZING.

If you plan it right, be sure to enjoy Wishes from the verandah at Narcoossee's.
I can't imagine a better, more magical place for a honeymoon! We are looking forward to Narcoossee's and we also have BOG reservations for our last night so I'm sure there will definately be some steak comparisions from my fiance as well! Thanks so much, I love my shoes too! I had to practice walking in them though! :)

CheltonJ

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and disneymoon :). I have also been to Boma and AKL and both are amazing you will love it. Am also counting down to my Disneymoon though it's still two and a half years away!

Hope you have an amazing time

Bama14

Original Poster
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and disneymoon :). I have also been to Boma and AKL and both are amazing you will love it. Am also counting down to my Disneymoon though it's still two and a half years away!

Hope you have an amazing time[/QUOTE
Congratulations on your future Disneymoon as well!!!! :) It will all be worth the wait! Luckily I only had to wait 8 months once we were engaged, but 2 1/2 years does give you the time to plan the ultimate disneymoon at least!!! I'm down to 21 days and counting! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom