Lights Motors Action Entrance Sign Removed

halltd

Does anyone actually use this entrance?
I don't even know why this entrance is there...and is the largest entrance for the park as I've never seen any cars driving through there. I actually liked the rumor of the entrance moving to Victory Lane and the current "back/main" entrance becoming bus only. Actually, they should close that entrance entirely. That road can't handle that much traffic.

roj2323

I don't even know why this entrance is there...and is the largest entrance for the park as I've never seen any cars driving through there. I actually liked the rumor of the entrance moving to Victory Lane and the current "back/main" entrance becoming bus only. Actually, they should close that entrance entirely. That road can't handle that much traffic.
It used to be the main entrance before the tollway reversed the way everyone entered the property. Before the tollway everyone was forced to take 75 south to i4 east. There has been a lot of talk about reconfiguring the entrances but unfortunetly its nothing but rumors for the moment.

halltd

Ahhhhh. Since I've always stayed on-property, that was never an entrance we'd use even when the park was brand new. But, what you say makes sense. Let's hope they make the rumored changes since the other entrance is always way over-packed...and doesn't do anything for the sense of arrival like the other park entrances do.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does anyone actually use this entrance?
They do. Even more will when the East Buena Vista one is closed to private vehicles.

But it's widening in the early 90s was a bit overkill.

It doesn't help that the parks parking layout has been added to and rearranged as ad hoc as the park was.

The Empress Lilly

This is NOT the sign we're talking about.

Lights-Motors-Action-8.jpg
Wish it would've been this monstrosity to have gone the way of the HAT!

DHS manages to unity both hideous ugliness and supreme beauty. Well, unite..'disunite' perhaps.

NearTheEars

They do. Even more will when the East Buena Vista one is closed to private vehicles.

But it's widening in the early 90s was a bit overkill.

It doesn't help that the parks parking layout has been added to and rearranged as ad hoc as the park was.

Ugh I come into property from Western Way. If they close the Buena Vista entrance that will be much further out of my way.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Are you implying that someone posted something false on Twitter?! ;)

What is this world coming to now that we can't rely on Twitter for reliable news!?!

I do wonder that the plans are for LMA. I don't see it fitting into the non-studio version of the park. However, it is a huge people eater. It also has a large footprint in a relatively small park. Do they level the whole area and start from scratch? Do they keep the grandstand" and make some type of show area? I've seen some rumors that this area will be part of the Pixar area. How would that be incorporated?

Damn, I wish my time machine was out of the shop.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What is this world coming to now that we can't rely on Twitter for reliable news!?!

I do wonder that the plans are for LMA. I don't see it fitting into the non-studio version of the park. However, it is a huge people eater. It also has a large footprint in a relatively small park. Do they level the whole area and start from scratch? Do they keep the grandstand" and make some type of show area? I've seen some rumors that this area will be part of the Pixar area. How would that be incorporated?

Damn, I wish my time machine was out of the shop.

Personally I like LMA, but I think the space could be put to better use. Not only does the attraction and support buildings take up space, but there is a lot behind costuming that is used for practice which is big enough itself to hold an attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom