I can't stand booking fast passes months in advance!!!!!

Disney4family

When we popped down for a quickie one year for my daughter's bday and MNSSHP, we spontaneously hopped on a bus from the MK and enjoyed a quick visit over at AK before heading back to the evening festivities.

Today, we would have to decide 60 days in advance if we were going to use our FP for the day at either MK or AK or just go to AK like we did with the knowledge that we may not have time for the must-dos since we can't get any FP for that park that day.

Spontaneity is gone. Indecisiveness is gone. Relaxation of knowing you'll get to do your must-dos is gone. Getting multiple FPs for the rides you love is gone. Working with the Florida weather is gone. How am I supposed to know if I should get a FP for Test Track or Soarin 60 days in advance? I road TT in a storm when they had to finish our run. It was like taking a shower at 65 mph.

We have used it. We don't like it. I would like to look up from my phone while on vacation and see the place I'm supposed to be enjoying while away from the real world of phones, etc. We miss what it used to be.

Upvote 0

CJLove79

To Disney's credit, they're at least listening to our gripes and trying their hardest to make it a little easier in the standby lines. Adding them Interactive Queues is pure genius on their part cause everybody can have some fun while they wait. I read somewhere that sometime later this year they will change the amount of FastPasses you can have initially. And that they will update the MDE app to where you can get the 4th, 5th, etc FPs through the app instead of through the kiosks. All this is rumors of course but going by Disney's customer service history, they have a pretty good track record on tweaking certain services to make the experience better for us. Its not perfect by any means and the waiting time is killer but at least they're trying. As a customer & Disney fan, I can appreciate that, better to try than sit on your rear and not do anything for your customers.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

When we popped down for a quickie one year for my daughter's bday and MNSSHP, we spontaneously hopped on a bus from the MK and enjoyed a quick visit over at AK before heading back to the evening festivities.

Today, we would have to decide 60 days in advance if we were going to use our FP for the day at either MK or AK or just go to AK like we did with the knowledge that we may not have time for the must-dos since we can't get any FP for that park that day.

Spontaneity is gone. Indecisiveness is gone. Relaxation of knowing you'll get to do your must-dos is gone. Getting multiple FPs for the rides you love is gone. Working with the Florida weather is gone. How am I supposed to know if I should get a FP for Test Track or Soarin 60 days in advance? I road TT in a storm when they had to finish our run. It was like taking a shower at 65 mph.

We have used it. We don't like it. I would like to look up from my phone while on vacation and see the place I'm supposed to be enjoying while away from the real world of phones, etc. We miss what it used to be.
Totally agree!!

Upvote 0

jakeman

It is technically Spring Break (I know my kid was off this week) and busy right?

All rides have FP available tomorrow at MK except Mine Train, Frozen, Parade, and Wishes. Epcot has everything but characters and Space. MGM has everything but the Frozen singalong. DAK have everything but characters.

Upvote 0

YoJDew

I agree with the spontaneity being a thing of the past but really no choice. The parks are just getting sooooo busy. There really is no slow season any longer which is unfortunate. Soon, there will be nothing but peak season. Still love it though:)

We went Labor Day week in 2013 and it was dead. We walked onto everything. That was before A&E and 7DMT, though... We are going mid-August this year so we will see. I will say that ADRs for popular destinations have been pretty easy to get. Once we're sixty days out it'll be interesting to see what FPs we can get.

I'm with the OP. I HAVE used the FP+ system and it was a pain and took out a lot of the spontaneity of the trip. Spontaneity is important with a 3-year-old, although, so is planning ahead. I have a love/hate relationship with FP+. Went with two other families last December and we had soooo many problems with the FP+ system. We lost our coveted Safari FPs due to a glitch in the system and that was very disappointing. But, as someone mentioned earlier, hopefully they'll listen to our feedback and make some tweaks!

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

I hate FP+ ...but I think I hate long lines more. The FP+ worked well for me last year in March and May. But in August there were so many rain days it ended up affecting my FP+ times. In the end, I have to say August of 2014 WDW trip was the worse ever and I can trace it right to the rain, the app on my phones glitching and FP+.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

ADRS easy to get? I have been trying to get a Chef Mickey's dinner reservation for 2 months. No good! But I did get a BOG lunch res. =)

Ahh..I don't know if you have kids and if that makes a difference for walking up to Chef Mickey...however we have walked up and asked to be squeezed in twice at Chef Mickey's and it happened. It was less than a 30 minute wait. I have 2 grandkids and Chef Mickeys is the grandson's favorite character dining and sometimes I book trips really last minute and Chef Mickey is a hard one when you are booking less than 60 days out.
BOG lunch is like in the top 5 favorite lunches for me at WDW. I love the turkey sandwich...

Upvote 0

JasonP

Original Poster
We do have kids, will be five of us =( I mean I probably could ditch them and go myself, which I've thought about. Yes that's how much I love that place. lol. I am just going to keep trying and hope someone cancels =(

I am looking forward to BOG, especially since it's so new!

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

We do have kids, will be five of us =( I mean I probably could ditch them and go myself, which I've thought about. Yes that's how much I love that place. lol. I am just going to keep trying and hope someone cancels =(

I am looking forward to BOG, especially since it's so new!

Oh boy you are getting ready to leave for WDW? Just saw your dates. I am going to be there from the 7th-10th, and so is one of my customers....and that week after Easter is going to be insane I heard from him...which I take his word for it since his parents retired a few years back and are now WDW employees. You might still get a Chef Mickey ADR if you keep stalking, but if you really want a breakfast there, I'd just put everyone in ears one morning, looking as cute as possible and show up with hopeful expressions...after all it is Disney...you know magic and pixie dust.

Upvote 0

drp4video

I have not gone since FP+ has gone into effect. Have been over 30 times. I Loved the old system because I never knew what park I was going to on what day, until I got up that morning. Sometimes weather played a factor and even though I thought I would go one park, I changed to another that day. I am going May 13th, staying 3 nights at AK Lodge with my 82 year old mom. Not sure how many days she will be able to handle the parks. I know she will get tired and want to take a break, but not sure when, therefore, I have not made any FP+ reservations. I assume we will go to MK at least the first day, but again, don't know for how long, will we take a break, will we go back or not if we do take a break, so how screwed are we if we wait to get to the park to try to get FP+? She won't do coasters, although at 75 she did Splash and TOT (she loved MGM....still call it that, so that may be our second park, if she is up to do two). After reading all the posts about wait times, I am concerned. Mom will probably get a wheel chair (she has in the past..last time she went she was 78). Not make dining reservations either. A little nervous about all of the lack of planning that is now required for WDW.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom