A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

Like the 3 day hard down over President's Day... That kind of crash
was there, felt it in all its glory. not amused.
the worst was when my faspasses miraculously disappeared and I suddenly had magical fastpasses in another park I was not in.
Plus they told me the system would NOT let me get new fastpasses for that day. The system claiming I had cancelled my MK fastpasses.

CaptainAmerica

Disney is a business... Money is all that matters.
They absolutely are, and I don't begrudge them that. I think they absolutely should focus on money. And if they try and push microtransactions on their guests, they're going to get less of it. So far, a lot of their so-called "controversial" decisions have worked. This one would backfire in a big way.

bhg469

was there, felt it in all its glory. not amused.
the worst was when my faspasses miraculously disappeared and I suddenly had magical fastpasses in another park I was not in.
Plus they told me the system would NOT let me get new fastpasses for that day. The system claiming I had cancelled my MK fastpasses.
So this is one of those instances that the defenders just think its perfectly normal for you to have to take a screen shot of your reservations as a backup.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They absolutely are, and I don't begrudge them that. I think they absolutely should focus on money. And if they try and push microtransactions on their guests, they're going to get less of it. So far, a lot of their so-called "controversial" decisions have worked. This one would backfire in a big way.

Have they?, I think the jury's still out on that one, They have had an almost infinite supply of south american tourists on a one and done basis,

How many repeat customers have they created since the dawn of the Iger era, Nearly all of us here are hardcore repeat customers but nearly all of us started BEFORE Iger started squeezing every penny.

What happens if the South Americans STOP coming???

Mike S

Have they?, I think the jury's still out on that one, They have had an almost infinite supply of south american tourists on a one and done basis,

How many repeat customers have they created since the dawn of the Iger era, Nearly all of us here are hardcore repeat customers but nearly all of us started BEFORE Iger started squeezing every penny.

Disney gets some sense knocked into them hopefully, but by then it could be too late.

Cesar R M

considering how the USD dollar is extremely overvalued right now.
Id say the influx will at least slowdown until the USD goes down.

CaptainAmerica

I'm sorry I still haven't seen a decent reconciliation of how Iger is a penny pincher but he spent an absurd am out of money on Next Gen (and China, etc). It's a mistake to claim he's not investing in the product for the future. He's spending. You just don't like HOW, which is a separate conversation. "Iger is cheap" is, at best, a shaky premise on which to build your criticism.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm sorry I still haven't seen a decent reconciliation of how Iger is a penny pincher but he spend an absurd am out of money on Next Gen. It's a mistake to claim he's not investing in the product for the future. He's spending. You just don't like HOW which is a separate conversation. "Iger is cheap" is, at best, a shaky premise on which to build your criticism.

The driver behind NextGen was to spend approximately 800 million on building a system which would spread the guests evenly across all attractions INSTEAD of adding adding new attractions at a cost of several billion dollars, Unfortunately the system was underscoped and cost between 1.8 and 3.6 billion dollars and managed to eke out a couple of percentage points of additional margin.

The park up the road did it the 'old fashioned' way and built NEW attractions and increased their top line revenues nearly 40% in the last reported quarter.

Hmm I wonder which program was more successful the "Mouse Arrest" band or the "Build it and they will come" program, The answer is left as an exercise for the reader.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom