3 to a ride/seat?

basmal8

Original Poster
What rides can accommodate an adult with two young children (3.5 & 1.5 yr olds) sitting together?
Ex: the carousel, tea cups
Trying to determine what other rides to focus on for our two younger kids when oldest child is riding the "big" rides with other parent.

Can you fit 2 kids in the seat of Dumbo (w/ an adult too)?
Astro Orbiter?
For the those rides like Small World/Many Adventures of WP, can all 3 people fit in the same seat? Obviously the toddler can sit on a lap when permitted. I just am not sure which rides are completely out of the question for this arrangement.

Any ride suggestions welcome- from all 4 parks too.

TIA.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Carousel - No, unless you sit in a sled.
Teacups - Yes.
Dumbo - No.
Astro - Heck no.
Small World - Should be ok.
Winnie - Probably not...maybe in the back seat?

It's really a matter of what the safety and seating regs are per ride. Why are you so concerned about it?

basmal8

Original Poster
Why concerned?
So they can continue to ride and have fun instead of sitting and waiting around for the "big riders" to be finished.

Why "no" on the carousel? Can't the adult stand next to toddler while the 3 yr old is on the next horse?

And, I realize it depends on the regulations for the rides. But, the descriptions I am finding do not always disclose if the seat is a "2 seater" or not. If I could have found the answers with the ride descriptions, I wouldn't have posted the question here.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Why concerned?
So they can continue to ride and have fun instead of sitting and waiting around for the "big riders" to be finished.

Why "no" on the carousel? Can't the adult stand next to toddler while the 3 yr old is on the next horse?

And, I realize it depends on the regulations for the rides. But, the descriptions I am finding do not always disclose if the seat is a "2 seater" or not. If I could have found the answers with the ride descriptions, I wouldn't have posted the question here.
You said 3.

Yes, an adult can stand next to a child on the carousel. But, not with 2 kids on the horse or a kid in their arms.

Seating is handled by CMs at the ride during boarding, and the final decision is made there for the most part.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I said 3 and I meant 3. When a description says "2 seater", I can then deduce that my 3 people will not fit or not be permitted to sit together.
Do you want an exhaustive list of rides where you may (or may not may) be allowed to take 2 kids and yourself?

I'm happy to put one together for you.

EmmieSue

Pretty sure your little ones are much too young for astro orbiters anyway. Everything else on your list is a yes except I am unsure about dumbo. I rode winnie with another adult and one child, so you should have no problem with two kids and an adult. I rode its a small world with two kids. Carousel is a yes the way you said it. Have the older child sit on the next horse close to you and then stand by the younger one on their horse for support.

Also the dark rides seem to easily be able to accomidate 3 riders: Little mermaid, maybe peter pan, nemo in epcot.

I know for sure that Nemo was, but maybe someone else can confirm if peter and little mermaid are as well.

Not sure why you were getting so much attitude from the other poster, but it was definietly uncalled for.

Bobcatdisneymom

I was there recently and was in your situation. My husband took our 5 yr old on the big rides and I had our 3 yr old and 16 month old to entertain and we had a blast! I rode Dumbo several times with both of them. Dumbo was great because there is the indoor play area at the waiting area of Dumbo and at that age after being stuck in a stroller or sitting on rides I found they needed to stretch their legs and play and climb!
We also rode its a small world, Peter Pan, the carousel, buzz light year, the Donald Duck ride in Mexico at Epcot, pirates of the Caribbean, the little mermaid. There was a lot to do with them. They also liked Mickeys theater in fantasyland (can't remember name?). And Aladdins carpet ride and I took them into the Bears show in frontier land and they loved that! There is a little playground under splash mountain good for those ages. So much to do! Have fun!

ratherbeinwdw

We had five in a seat on Small World. The cm's were so impressed, they gave us a pass for five for any ride. They made such a big deal out of it. It was truly funny because when they called us over when we got off the ride, we thought we had done something wrong. They said that most people fuss if they put that many in a seat. This was two adults, two teens, and an eleven year-old. We were all thin, and we were snug. It would have been four of us, but the 11 year-old decided to get in with us at the last minute.
We've done three in Winnie the Pooh, Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, and Buzz --however, only two had guns. This was two adults and one child. It really depends on the size of the people riding.

StarWarsGirl

I've seen CMs fit three in a row at Dumbo. As stated before, the decision would ultimately rest with the CMs.

Some good ones would be:
Mickey's Philharmagic
Pooh (second row allows three people)
Peter Pan's Flight
Little Mermaid
Small World
Tea Cups
Railroad
PeopleMover
Carousel of Progress
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
Jungle Cruise
Tiki Room
PofC (will be closed for much of this year, but I'll add it just in case)

There are also other things to do with your kids besides rides. For instance, if your husband wanted to take your older child on Splash Mountain with a FP, that won't take much time. There's a playground for kids their age at Splash Mountain. You could do the same thing for Big Thunder Mountain. Or you could watch a show or parade with the two smaller kids while the older one and the parent are on rides. Or walk through a shop. Or take a break. Grab a snack and just sit down for a while. There is something to be said for just taking a break and enjoying the park. And some kids need this.

Don't forget to grab a rider switch pass at the larger attractions! You'll need it. For instance, if the older one wants to get on Goofy's Barnstormer, he/she can. The 3 1/2 year old might be tall enough, so one child can go on with one parent, and the other could go with the other parent. Depending on how tall the 3 1/2 year old is, you might be able to do this at a few other attractions, such as 7DMT, Splash Mountain, and BTMR. I think 7DMT is 36-38 inches, and Splash and BTMR are 40 inches.

BethG

We saw 5 people get in one ship on Peter Pan when we were there last. They looked really uncomfortable. But 1 adult and 2 kids would be fine. There are several rides where it would not be a problem. A good list by StarWarsGirl95.

In case anyone else is interested, an adult and 2 kids fit fine on Haunted Mansion too. My kids wouldn't go until the youngest was 6, but they both loved it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Great Movie Ride
Imagination
Energy
Triceratops Spin
Kilamanjaro safari
Mission Space
Frozen Ever After if they don't change the boats too much
Mexico I never can remember the new name:confused::banghead:
I hope these help

jaklgreen

When my girls were 2&3 years old, I took them alone to WDW. We went on Dumbo no problem. I think we rode almost every ride in Fantasyland with the 3 of us sitting together.

MotherofaPrincessLover

I'm pretty sure we rode most of the rides at MK with me, my husband, and my 5 year old all sitting together. My husband tried to go in the same car as us for Buzz but I kicked him out since there are only two guns.

Ted Daggett

We had five in a seat on Small World. The cm's were so impressed, they gave us a pass for five for any ride. They made such a big deal out of it. It was truly funny because when they called us over when we got off the ride, we thought we had done something wrong. They said that most people fuss if they put that many in a seat. This was two adults, two teens, and an eleven year-old. We were all thin, and we were snug. It would have been four of us, but the 11 year-old decided to get in with us at the last minute.
We've done three in Winnie the Pooh, Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, and Buzz --however, only two had guns. This was two adults and one child. It really depends on the size of the people riding.

Interesting... my family of 5 have gone all 5 in a row every time we have ever gone on Small World, and I bet we went on it 30x at least.

Ted Daggett

What rides can accommodate an adult with two young children (3.5 & 1.5 yr olds) sitting together?
Ex: the carousel, tea cups
Trying to determine what other rides to focus on for our two younger kids when oldest child is riding the "big" rides with other parent.

Can you fit 2 kids in the seat of Dumbo (w/ an adult too)?
Astro Orbiter?
For the those rides like Small World/Many Adventures of WP, can all 3 people fit in the same seat? Obviously the toddler can sit on a lap when permitted. I just am not sure which rides are completely out of the question for this arrangement.

Any ride suggestions welcome- from all 4 parks too.

TIA.

We have 3 kids, so my wife and I always need to split up 3 and 2 on the rides...

at MK - Splash Mountain will allow 3 in a row, but you need to be 44" to ride, so your kids are probably too small. We have squeezed 3 onto International Speedway

at DHS - toy Story Mania will allow 3 in a row, but only two will be able to shoot the "guns". You can go to the Disney Junior Live, which my young kids loved, also watch Little Mermaid show, Beauty and the Beast Show

at AK - Triceratops Spin will allow 3 in a row. AK has a petting zoo that you can go to and pet animals. It is not much better than any local petting zoo, so not sure if you want to waste your valuable Disney World time there...

at Epcot - I can't think of any ride that wouldn't allow 3

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I know the above mentioned kids are too small, but out of curiosity, do they still allow three in a row on Thunder Mountain?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom