The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Bought Into the Woods on DVD and watched it yesterday. I liked it overall. There are better musicals out there, but I enjoyed it. High point of the film was the casting, especially Meryl Streep as the witch.

Only thing that drives me crazy (and is the reason I will probably not buy the soundtrack) is that Anna Kendrick needs to drop her jaw and round out her vowels. They way she sings is fine for pop. Musicals? Err...not so much. Her voice would be very nice if she would drop her jaw and round out her vowels because at the points where she does, her voice is quite lovely. Everyone else in the cast was great.
lets be honest.. there is a famous saying about Meryl Streep.
She could play BATMAN and play better than anybody else.

she's amazing!

Cesar R M

In other news, I'm between ed and not so relieved.

AKL is SOLD OUT.. they just flat out told me to wait by David's.. and now its sold out.
I am not amused.
the worst?
only sold out in a SINGLE DAY. and not a fan of splitting my vacation in two.

I'm debating taking the offer for old key west.. which as the same price and the place looks nice.
but the resort looks almost as big as Coronado Springs.
I dont think we will like to walk another 2 miles every day just to get to the bus station.
or worse.. having the bus take the "full circle merry go around" to stop in one of the 4 (or more ) resort stops.

StarWarsGirl

ahem, she cant sing very well.
all her "singing" acts were voiceovers just fyi.
No. They're not

For one, she's credited on the Into the Woods album. If it were dubbed, she would not receive credit.

Second, her singing voice and speaking voice sound alike.

And third, she's obviously not on the Mamma Mia album. They could not be bothered to dub Pierce Brosnan, and he was aweful.

donaldtoo

Goats are awesome.
Son #2 and I have (somewhat jokingly) discussed stealing one from our local farmer's market.
Repeat - goats ... are ... awesome!

Hahaaa...!
We live at the dead end of a street. It dead ends into a relatively new 35 acre development. That 35 acres used to belong to a rancher that sold thousands of acres of his land to the developers of many of the neighborhoods in this area. He kept the 35 acres for himself. He used to keep cattle, horses, and goats on the land.
Anyway, when the kiddos were little, we used to let them feed the animals through the fence (very carefully - the chain link fence on our side directly abutted his barbed wire fence). Apples, wilted vegetables, etc.. When that herd of goats came by, phew, did they ever pack a wallop... :confused: :joyfull: :)
The kiddos had so much fun and giggled like silly geese. They used to move around trying to find the best spot to feed them from without being inundated by the odiferosity. Kinda' like tryin' to avoid campfire smoke. :D
Good memories...! :)

ETA: Our street is still a dead end, and was never connected to the other development 'cause the engineers determined that's where, on the 35 acre development, the water detention and retention ponds/systems should go. All other streets abutting the tract were connected, much to the chagrin of the folks on those streets.
Dodged that bullet, anyway.

Last edited:

seahawk7

lets be honest.. there is a famous saying about Meryl Streep.
She could play BATMAN and play better than anybody else.

she's amazing!
46387-tina-fey-amy-poehler-meryl-str-t9xc.gif

"And I hear she is amazing in it"---Amy Poehler

StarWarsGirl

In other news, I'm between ****ed and not so relieved.

AKL is SOLD OUT.. they just flat out told me to wait by David's.. and now its sold out.
I am not amused.
the worst?
only sold out in a SINGLE DAY. and not a fan of splitting my vacation in two.

I'm debating taking the offer for old key west.. which as the same price and the place looks nice.
but the resort looks almost as big as Coronado Springs.
I dont think we will like to walk another 2 miles every day just to get to the bus station.
or worse.. having the bus take the "full circle merry go around" to stop in one of the 4 (or more ) resort stops.
You probably should have rented the points you could and then either booked the rest of the nights on a cash basis or done a split stay at another resort.

You can probably request a room in a certain area at OKW or Saratoga (if that one is available) so that you don't have to walk all the way across the resort.

Cesar R M

You probably should have rented the points you could and then either booked the rest of the nights on a cash basis or done a split stay at another resort.

You can probably request a room in a certain area at OKW or Saratoga (if that one is available) so that you don't have to walk all the way across the resort.
thats the point, David's had no points to rent.
They were waiting to get people to sell them.
and I was 3rd in the line.

2 days ago they told me I was the next in the line, and now today that the place is sold out on the 31th :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom