Average FP wait time during peak crowds?

sjhym333

Why would you think that FP lines are longer during peak crowds? The system was designed so that the average wait in the FP should be 15 mins or less no matter how crowded the park is. Park attendance will impact standby lines much more but should have minimal effect on FP lines

Ty. Im new to Disney , so I wasn't sure how the system v was set up
12_Ears_Dad, You asked a very fair question. If you read trip reports and the posts of others across different Disney travel forums like this, you will find that some people do indeed have waits of 30 minutes or find that the FP line ended up being as long as the stand-by line (if standby was only 20 minutes), though this isn't the norm by any means. Sometimes proponents of the new systems are so ardent in their love for it that they discount anyone who says they might have had a less than ideal experience. Some things that might make a difference in the FP line is when a nearby show has recently let out. Sometimes 100 people exiting a show planned on doing the ride next to it right after and they have FP for it. Another situation is when a ride was down for an hour or two, then the FP holders have increased greatly as all of those people have been postponed and are now getting in line at the same time.
Good luck on your trip!

sjhym333

12_Ears_Dad, You asked a very fair question. If you read trip reports and the posts of others across different Disney travel forums like this, you will find that some people do indeed have waits of 30 minutes or find that the FP line ended up being as long as the stand-by line (if standby was only 20 minutes), though this isn't the norm by any means. Sometimes proponents of the new systems are so ardent in their love for it that they discount anyone who says they might have had a less than ideal experience. Some things that might make a difference in the FP line is when a nearby show has recently let out. Sometimes 100 people exiting a show planned on doing the ride next to it right after and they have FP for it. Another situation is when a ride was down for an hour or two, then the FP holders have increased greatly as all of those people have been postponed and are now getting in line at the same time.
Good luck on your trip!

That is not what he asked and for some reason you have decided that I have an agenda here. I don't. There are X amount of FP's per hour per attractions. On busier days that doesn't change. So on a 32,000 attendance day or a 62,000 attendance day the number of FP's per hour at say Space Mountain doesn't change. Disney's goal is that no one on a FP line wait more then 15 mins. Yeah, sometimes it gets longer, like as you stated when shows get out, but in general the FP line should stay consistent despite attendance. What does change is the Standby wait. More people in the park means longer lines at standby.

slappy magoo

That is not what he asked and for some reason you have decided that I have an agenda here. I don't.
A: Way to make it all about you. B: The OP, who seems to be fairly new when it comes to planning a WDW trip, asked a fairly vague question, as you seem to admit when you asked for more detail, so mouse in my house tried to cover a lot of bases and you getting all paranoid and haughty over the answer is really out of line.

Going back to the OP, as both respondents have written, there are a lot of factors in play when it comes to FP wait times, but with few exceptions the wait is less than 15 minutes even during the busiest of times. And the main reason for such an exception would be if the attraction in question is really popular but has been out of order for a prolonged period of time, so when it's back up and running all the people whose FP window times expired come back en masse. But also some rides load faster than others and have a greater ride capacity so that could swallow up large chunks of FP holders or force them to be doles out slowly and greater affecting the standby line.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

So in short, it's not perfect, but it's designed to be around 15 minutes. The reality is it depends on the time of day, park you are visiting, time of the year, ride you are riding, the price of tea in China, and how many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Really depends on the ride and where the merge point is. In my experience from my trip last week, I'd agree that 15 minutes (at most) is pretty spot on. Test Track, Everest, and Toy Story seemed to be the rides that had the longest FP waits while we were there (Space Mountain got up there too). Most everything else ranged from more or less a walk on with FP to less than 5 minute wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom