Avengers: Age of Ultron

Matt_Black

And I do not mind it, to an extent. I understand why they do it, especially when your trying to appeal to a more general audience. But, I just personally feel that the Avengers films tend to do it a bit too much. It makes sense for Tony Stark to banter, he's that kind of guy that's what he does. But when everyone on the team is bantering just as much as Tony Stark...it personally dilutes the film of tension or taking away time that could be spent developing the story.

That's a superteam thing, though, or at least I thought so. Look at the X-Men, Teen Titans, certain incarnations of the Justice League (particularly the Giffen years), and others. Even the Fantastic Four- half of the stories are them kvetching at each other. "Johnny, ya no good matchstick! I'd clobber you, but I promised my dear sweet Aunt Petunia I'd never rough up a simpleton!"

doctornick

I like Whedon banter. Superheroes banter. That's what they do.

Agreed. It's actually a major reason why the MCU films are so well received IMHO. Superhero movies should be fun.

Edit: I'd also say there was a good bit of funny banter in TWS even with a generally serious tone. e.g. when Natashia is showing off a scar and says "bye-bye bikini" and Cap replies "Yeah, I'm sure you look terrible in one".

Matt_Black

I like the banter. I like to think of it like a locker room environment. They tease each other and show off a little. Notice you don't see Bruce or Hawkeye doing the banter because that is not their personality. I do like the snark coming from Stark toward Cap being the leader.

And I think that's one of the most notable examples of MCU dropping the ball. Hawkeye is probably one of the most flamboyant, stylish Avengers ever, with Avengers Giant-Sized Annual #16 being his finest moment of heroism and shenanigans. "The entire universe was at stake, Cap! Do you think I was gonna be a cornball like you and play fair?"

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
And I think that's one of the most notable examples of MCU dropping the ball. Hawkeye is probably one of the most flamboyant, stylish Avengers ever, with Avengers Giant-Sized Annual #16 being his finest moment of heroism and shenanigans. "The entire universe was at stake, Cap! Do you think I was gonna be a cornball like you and play fair?"
As a movie only fan Hawkeyes seems brooding to me.

Californian Elitist

I like the banter. I like to think of it like a locker room environment. They tease each other and show off a little. Notice you don't see Bruce or Hawkeye doing the banter because that is not their personality. I do like the snark coming from Stark toward Cap being the leader.

I like the snarky attitude as well. It's like a nice hint to the third Avengers film, Civil War, where Iron Man and Captain America come into conflict.

tribbleorlfl

To be fair, we've only seen a very small amount of the MCU Hawkeye; most of his screen time has been under control of the scepter.

Matt_Black

Hmmm... Joss came back, Gunn is doing GotG 2, and now this. I wonder if Marvel has eased up a bit on their notorious rough treatment of directors?

AllyInWonderland

Original Poster
Movie Scarlet With or classic Scarlet Witch?
Movie Scarlet Witch
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom