The Sole Imagineer: An Imagineering Competition - Discussion Thread

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Haha I miss the good old Sim City, Though Cities skyline is amazing.

Here you go for fun:

Oh, Corey. Hehe...Yeah, I won't go to the youtube version of that right now given what just went down recently involving me and his channel.

I'm gonna go old school with the first "meme" that really went viral that I can recall. 1998 or so? Thanks...Ally McBeal.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Oh, Corey. Hehe...Yeah, I won't go to the youtube version of that right now given what just went down recently involving me and his channel.

I'm gonna go old school with the first "meme" that really went viral that I can recall. 1998 or so? Thanks...Ally McBeal.

Hahah, my Dad's band opened for Grand Funk Railroad back in the 70s. Gotta love that song:

This is prolly wrong of me to post, but I still love this one.. Never mind not gonna post it, intstead:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hahah, my Dad's band opened for Grand Funk Railroad back in the 70s. Gotta love that song:

This is prolly wrong of me to post, but I still love this one.. Never mind not gonna post it, intstead:

I posted it earlier. :p

I know the guys who worked on it (well one of them).

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Universal Studios...the park with such ground breaking and innovative rides such as...

THE SIMULATOR
THE 3D SIMULATOR
THE OTHER 3D SIMULATOR
THE RIDE WITH A BUNCH OF 3D SIMULATORS
THE UPCOMING RIDE WITH A BUNCH OF REGULAR SIMULATORS
AND THE STUDIO TOUR THAT INCLUDES A 3D SIMULATOR
SOON TO BE TWO 3D SIMULATORS!

and also the water ride, the roller coaster, the stunt show and the spinny thing.

Basically, if Disneyland is the Beatles of theme parks, Universal is basically like the Rolling Stones.

A lot less variety but a lot more ATTITUDE.

Hahahahaha!

DinoInstitute

Episode 10 Reward Challenge Critiques

Great job this week IDI! Let's see how you did:

- I love the name. I think it fits really well with your theme
-Your introduction paragraphs really draw the reader in, well done!
- I like the idea of "grand circle tour" of MK, but I feel more songs from Fantasyland and Adventureland would have been nice
- I'm not sure It's a small world is very exciting for a fireworks show. Another Fantasyland inspired song instead or in addition would have been nice.
- I like the idea of just fireworks, but I'm not sure how much it works these days. Many people have gotten past the point of loving JUST fireworks. Especially after watching Rivers of Light, Fantasmic! and Illuminations, they'll want to see something spectacular. Sure, you may argue that fireworks are amazing, which they are. But, to be honest, they aren't special enough to warrant their OWN disney nighttime show. nowadays At least one other medium would have been nice, TBH.
- In addition, it seems to on the shorter side. See, that's the problem with fireworks, they only hold your attention span for so long. Wishes, to me, is the perfect length for a fireworks show. But, as shown from World of Color and Fantasmic, other mediums can hold the attention span of guests for much longer. Fountains, live actors and fireworks mixed together is much more interesting to guests these days than just fireworks.
- I like the idea of the "reviews" and I thought it was a nice way to incorporate the community
- As @seahawk7 said, it does remind me of Remember... Dreams Come True. Almost, to much like it. It's basically the same thing. Just shorter, with less songs and a different soundtrack. But, there's less of an overarching storyline. At Disneyland, the show tells guests that dreams do come true, especially when at Disneyland. But here, it's just a tour of MK. There's no "sentimental value" there.
- Adding on, MK nighttime shows are known for their heart, stories and magic. Your show, TBH, doesn't have that much of a storyline. It has a little bit of heart, but not like Wishes. Sure, I asked you to replace it, but I was also looking for heart told in a new way. The only part that has this heart is the Small World Chorus.
- I love the video, I thought you had no experience?
- The How do you Do? segment seems a little too long. It's very repetitive, to be honest.
- The ending was kind of... meh. I like my finales to have a big ending not just in the fireworks, but in the music too.

But, overall, amazing job this week, IDI!
Thanks for the review! Just to talk about some of your points...

-You brought up it not having the heart and stuff like that for MK. Also, that you didn't quite agree with just fireworks (which I understand why). That was what I was going for with the fireworks though, to be a classic and have the heart and nostalgia that they bring.
-I actually have never seen Remember...Dreams Come True, so that's my bad:p I just was into the idea of having all of the different classic, magical and heartwarming music in the show. Also, I did want to make it longer, but not being able to work on it on a weekend and my lack of experience got in the way.
-Thanks about the video! Actually yeah, this is my first time doing anything like this, the only other video I've ever made was the Pixar Place one​

RMichael21

Original Poster
Thanks for the review! Just to talk about some of your points...

-You brought up it not having the heart and stuff like that for MK. Also, that you didn't quite agree with just fireworks (which I understand why). That was what I was going for with the fireworks though, to be a classic and have the heart and nostalgia that they bring.
-I actually have never seen Remember...Dreams Come True, so that's my bad:p I just was into the idea of having all of the different classic, magical and heartwarming music in the show. Also, I did want to make it longer, but not being able to work on it on a weekend and my lack of experience got in the way.
-Thanks about the video! Actually yeah, this is my first time doing anything like this, the only other video I've ever made was the Pixar Place one​
Well, then that's quite outstanding. Good job! ;):D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom