Help me pick between June or July please! :)

Beckett

Hello everyone, so.... I had plans to go during late March to Orlando but I had to cancel that :(. Now I must decide if I should go during June or July. I always go during Christmas, and have only been there during the summer as a child. I will be going with my 8 year old. It has to be June or July...please help me pick! Thanks!!!

NHMouse

Both time are nice weather wise. . . June can be a little less crowded before the summer tours show up. The latests discount begins June 16th. There are also Star Wars weekends in June to look forward to!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Ditto June. July is the month the Brazilian Tour Groups arrive. And you don't want to be at a park when a group of 50-80 minimally supervised teenagers from Brazil show up, clapping, chanting, hogging Main Street and the rides.

Upvote 0

SAV

I've done both and early to mid June is not quite as hot, not as crowded and not as many tour groups. As June goes on, the more crowded it becomes. So if you are considering the last week of June vs early to mid July, there is not much difference. But early June vs July there is a difference.

There are some special events going on in early June that may appeal to you as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RKSteel

Ditto June. July is the month the Brazilian Tour Groups arrive. And you don't want to be at a park when a group of 50-80 minimally supervised teenagers from Brazil show up, clapping, chanting, hogging Main Street and the rides.
I'm going 6/29 to 7/6, when do these dreaded BTGs generally show up?

Upvote 0

rob0519

Another vote for June. A little less crowded, a little cooler and in my opinion a little less humid. I've been trying to convince my family to go in one of the first two weeks in June for years. The timing just never works out that way.

Upvote 0

JohnD

For weather alone, I would pick June. July-August have the hottest weather in addition to being right in the middle of the peak of summer tourist season.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm going 6/29 to 7/6, when do these dreaded BTGs generally show up?

Then. I was there last 4th of July and there were groups from Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay. It's apparently winter break for the schools in many of the South American countries. ALL of the groups showed up at Hollywood Studios the same day and basically took over the park, much to the consternation of the families attending the Frozen Summer event. Hope you aren't staying at a Value resort, because that's where these groups stay....

Google Brazilian Tour Groups at Disney World. Any of the results should give you the times of the year they show up at WDW. I don't have a problem with tour groups in general - I have a problem with large groups of minimally chaperoned teenagers who chant, clap and demonstrate other behaviors that can disrupt what's happening at the park at the time. And the number ranges from 50-80 kids with just a couple of "adults" - I put adult in quotes because the "adults" I saw chaperoning were barely adult and didn't chaperone one bit. And that comes from a parent who chaperoned her daughter's 8th grade trip to Island of Adventure and who was also a girl scout troop leader.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks LAKid53. We are staying at the POR, so hopefully it will not be overrun.

You will be fine, then. The large groups, whether they be tour groups or cheerleading or dance competition or Pop Warner usually stay at the Values.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom