Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

betty rose

Found this on instagram today, so it looks like the towers are still wrapped up.

11055693_1644093975823284_2050406651_n.jpg
maybe they will unwrap them in July, as in Christmas in July;)

note2001

10 smilies to the first one who can track down and share a pic of the units that will be installed further out from the castle. Down payment: :D

but..but.. my strollers! :(
Never fear, they will return. Might be a different thread, different time... but the ones we love will always return to us. ;)
I was strolling through the park one day...

Last edited:

betty rose

10 smilies to the first one who can track down and share a pic of the units that will be installed further out from the castle. Down payment: :D

Never fear, they will return. Might be a different thread, different time... but the ones we love will always return to us. ;)
I was strolling through the park one day...
Was it strolling or trolling? She asked sarcastically one day......:oops:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think @jrlang1 and @Sage of Time
And I wouldn't be surprised if those retractable rigs are removed. With newer LED lights, a lot of the old par cans could be condensed into a few LED fixtures.
The retractables are already LED. Upgraded a few years back, but I wouldn't be surprised if fewer newer units would be needed. So far as I know these towers are for show lighting and show PA.

Goofyernmost

You must hate Animal Kingdom, no castle or fireworks there! ;)
Why? If it was themed to have trees and no fireworks wouldn't necessarily change the ability to like it or not. However, Disney makes a big deal of the castle projections and the fireworks at MK. If you going to have it, it needs to be seen, and not just by a few that are foolish enough to stake out a spot 2 hours ahead of time. It should be visible anywhere in that area. If you don't want people to see it then you let the trees grow into a forest.

Sage of Time

Found this on Instagram and cried in response. View attachment 88234Beautiful, beautiful trees.

Oh MAN. That's the MK of my childhood. THAT'S what I remember and miss.
If already posted forgive. Partners Statue now has about a 15 inch high iron fence around the flower bed to hint at those with a room temperature IQ not to go up to Walt for a close up picture and trample the flowers on the way.
LOL. That didn't take long.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Was there last week. I really like the redesigned hub, especially the new walk ways and the garden area over by the Crystal Palace. Now it's not so congested after 8:00PM when people start staking out their spot to watch Wishes.

@wogwog , I didn't see an iron fence around the Partners Statue last Saturday - I was surprised that they hadn't replaced the fence. So I guess they've got it back up. Good.

gmajew

Premium Member
The hub was great this week during my trip. I was able to move around during shows and get to the other side of the park no issues. I was able to actually see a parade with out people falling over me.

Hey would I love so,ex more trees heck Ya! But the hub is a huge plus for the park and for traffic and entertainment purposes.

People complaining about it need to realize their park has to change has to no way it cannot! Fireworks light shows parades etc is part of what disney is and this makes all of those way way better.

Monorail_Red_77

I base it off this photo. Those lights on the pole could easily be moved over

Would be cool if they could incorporate the parade lights into the roof of the turrets with retractable doors over the lights. This way you could not see them when they are not needed as the doors would blend into the roof. Then when needed the doors would open to reveal the simple spot lights.

However, I would not give it long until the doors would stop working and then TDO would just remove them anyway. :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom