The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lucky

Two interesting points here: first, I find it frustrating that they used to give you both appetizer and dessert, and tip! :jawdrop: too, but now just dessert and no tip. Second, my guess is that it may cost them more to make the appetizers, versus desserts made of mostly flour and sugar. That's just a guess, but I'll bet you that's why you can't choose the appetizer over the dessert now.
I think it's mostly a time issue. If you get an appetizer and your husband gets a dessert you're there for 3 courses instead of 2, and tables don't turn as often.

Cesar R M

The last set of pictures from my WDW trip. I had from open to 4pm to be at the parks so I started the day at MK and finished with a food fest at Epcot.

View attachment 88264

The opening show is one of my favorite things in WDW.

View attachment 88265

View attachment 88266 View attachment 88267

Breakfast at Gaston's. I never had a cinnamon roll at the Main Street Bakery so I don't feel disappointed in this one, in fact it was marvelous!

View attachment 88268

View attachment 88269

View attachment 88270

View attachment 88271

View attachment 88272 View attachment 88273

thanks for reminding. I also forgot to upload a few of my phone photos I think..
12880_883295528378163_3812706917339233581_n.jpg
that view never gets old..

donaldtoo

The last set of pictures from my WDW trip. I had from open to 4pm to be at the parks so I started the day at MK and finished with a food fest at Epcot.

View attachment 88264

The opening show is one of my favorite things in WDW.

View attachment 88265

View attachment 88266 View attachment 88267

Breakfast at Gaston's. I never had a cinnamon roll at the Main Street Bakery so I don't feel disappointed in this one, in fact it was marvelous!

View attachment 88268

View attachment 88269

View attachment 88270

View attachment 88271

View attachment 88272 View attachment 88273

All are wonderful, but, the blooming tree from the monorail really stands out to me...! :)

donaldtoo

View attachment 88274

Grand Marnier slush in France
View attachment 88275

Pulled Pork sandwich from the Smokehouse (USA)
View attachment 88276

Pigglicious Cupcake, I actually bagged this up and took it home to share with my husband. It was good, I should have gotten two so I wouldn't have had to share.
View attachment 88277

Cheese and meat from Italy
View attachment 88278

Leaving Epcot (Ironically, I took a picture of the transportation sign and then went to the wrong bus stop!)
View attachment 88279

Again, all great, but the cheese and meat from Italy look 'specially yummy...! :hungry: :)

donaldtoo

Or, brew ski.
Or, is that ski brew...? o_O

a.basin.2014.1.jpg

;) :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'd say it's just about impossible. To me, it's all in the "intent" of whatever term is not PC. Many people don't have any intent whatsoever to hurt others, with terms that aren't the most current. I think you gave a great example of the man you didn't care for, but you could still put that aside, and realize that he had no bad intentions in his term at all. Makes me kinda sad that so many seem to judge someone else so quickly, when they don't use a PC term, instead of giving them the benefit of the doubt, sometimes. Again, usually I think people can tell if the intent is either positive or negative.

Thanks. It is so hard. The buzz words that are politically correct are ever changing and as much as we try they are ever changing.

When in the middle of a serious discussion the last thing that flows from thought process is the latest term. I guess what gets me is the medical formal terms nice or not were good terms that became slang and then politically incorrect. While doctors are not always sensitive (some are) the terms meant something. Now they are so dolled up it is difficult to wrap your brain around the latest acceptable term and still be able to discuss the freak'n budget without someone wanting to crucify ya. I really did not like the dude whatsoever but all he was trying to do was differentiate so the board would understand and the one word was totally taken out of context.

Context is something that seems to be totally disregarded frequently from forums to board rooms unfortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom