Avatar construction aerial updates

HauntedMansionFLA

One thing that I will say regarding the photos that went along with the overhead video, I don't see how the boat ride can be as big as people were depicting it. That one section appears to be completely walled off now from the large, flat concrete space in front of the simulator building. There does not seem to be any openings that would connect them. That tells me that the boat ride is only the front area of concrete that is not yet enclosed. Maybe someone can correct me on this point. I am definitely not a construction expert.
Question, where are the photos located? Thanks :)

doctornick

One thing that I will say regarding the photos that went along with the overhead video, I don't see how the boat ride can be as big as people were depicting it. That one section appears to be completely walled off now from the large, flat concrete space in front of the simulator building. There does not seem to be any openings that would connect them. That tells me that the boat ride is only the front area of concrete that is not yet enclosed. Maybe someone can correct me on this point. I am definitely not a construction expert.

It's tough IMHO to tell for sure from the photos and video if there is a "break" in the concrete wall (some have thought that there might be a gap where a drop could occur in the boat ride).

That said, if the large concrete slap is closed off, it's almost certain IMHO that the flat area that is enclosed is the actual boat ride show building -- it will be on the lowest level with the queue for the banshee ride above it. The concrete in front of of the banshee ride might be for a shop or something.

twebber55

It's tough IMHO to tell for sure from the photos and video if there is a "break" in the concrete wall (some have thought that there might be a gap where a drop could occur in the boat ride).

That said, if the large concrete slap is closed off, it's almost certain IMHO that the flat area that is enclosed is the actual boat ride show building -- it will be on the lowest level with the queue for the banshee ride above it. The concrete in front of of the banshee ride might be for a shop or something.
what's fascinating is the amount of questions we still have about this construction.... we still know very little and it doesn't help the construction is basically hidden

flyerjab

I just think that if only that one area is for the boat ride, it appears as though it will be a lot smaller than people were hoping for is all.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Didn't the original leaked blueprints show the boat ride as being indoors and outdoors? If so, we may not be seeing the whole picture yet.

The leaked plans show at least some of it being in the Soarin show building, but it's not clear if it actually goes outside when it leaves the building. I think it's unlikely they would have gotten this far in the construction and not have at least placed the foundations for the entire ride. So I think what we see is what we are getting.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Isn't there also a chance those blueprints could be outdated!? I thought someone on here mentioned that a while ago.

My feeling on the plans is that they were for the Soarin ride and the boat ride that is shown in the plans was never intended to be an accurate representation of what was going to be built. It may have been put on the plans just to show that there would be a boat ride there, but not necessarily how it would eventually loo.

Cesar R M

unless these two rides are tied? aka the boat gets you to the "tree" where you get to fly the banshee?
aka one rides enters the other.

exactly what I was thinking!

BrianLo

I really miss the days of the more guest-visible and therefore frequent construction updates. RSR, Diagon Alley, Ratatouille heck even NFL

Between this and the rather infrequent/scant updates from SDL/HKDL Iron man, there isn't a whole lot we can see without aerials.

I may actually spend more time watching trees go into Grizzly Air field.....

brihow

I really miss the days of the more guest-visible and therefore frequent construction updates. RSR, Diagon Alley, Ratatouille heck even NFL

Between this and the rather infrequent/scant updates from SDL/HKDL Iron man, there isn't a whole lot we can see without aerials.

I may actually spend more time watching trees go into Grizzly Air field.....
I get what your saying, and I think a lot of people here feel the same way - but it's funny that we're also (possibly) the people that complain about 'bad show' when we CAN see the construction. :/

HauntedMansionFLA

@photoflight, any chance you will be returning to the skies anytime soon? This lack of recent high res overhead images is beginning to give my left eye a twitch.
Flyerjab- how was your trip to WDW? Did the wristbands work okay? We haven't been back down there since they started those up. And yes, hopefully there will be new overhead images soon. I would love to to see how the land is coming along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom